Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleWithTrebles View Post
    Jonah Hex who exemplified personal sacrifice to the SPIRIT of the Constitution.
    This is one of the most hilariously insane things I have ever read. Bravo.

Patriot from The Spectre run by the Ostrich/Mandrake

BANNED

No, wait. I change mine to American Eagle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Wonder Woman.

This is one of the most hilariously insane things I have ever read. Bravo.
    Well I am such a flaming bitch I lost friends who were offended when, in our early 20s, they asked me what my fave comedy was, and I answered "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe?"

And if you look at Jonah through the lens of Samuel Beckett, my comment is no more insane than someone saying 'all the great artists of history were gay', ignoring Velasquez, Singer Sargent, Tolouse Latrec and Whistler. *winkety-wink*

All-New Member

How was Bucky Barnes left off this list? He should be #2. He supported Cap, served in The Invaders, commanded his own team The Young Allies, sacrificed his life for Cap, then came back, served as Cap's replacement, and turned himself in to atone for actions he did while being the brainwashed Winter Soldier. He deserves to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ocdisforme View Post
    How was Bucky Barnes left off this list? He should be #2. He supported Cap, served in The Invaders, commanded his own team The Young Allies, sacrificed his life for Cap, then came back, served as Cap's replacement, and turned himself in to atone for actions he did while being the brainwashed Winter Soldier. He deserves to be there.
    Whoever put that poll together may well have been thinking: "Sidekicks don't count in this context -- affection for the original Captain America character is likely to rub off onto the guy who was his first sidekick in the old days. It's all part of the same package deal, so why give Bucky his own entry on the poll?"

Of course, that raises the question of why Free Spirit and Jack Flag are on the list as separate candidates in their own rights -- the two them were created by Mark Gruenwald in the mid-90s so he could use 'em as Cap's two brand new proteges. Free Spirit in particular came across as being practically a of what Cap would be like if he were young and female.

Granted, I went ahead and voted for Free Spirit last week, on the theory that since she's the only person on that list whom I ever chose to feature in a lengthy fanfic, I must have a certain affection for her. (Despite the fact that Marvel hasn't done a thing with her since Gruenwald died in the 1990s, so I'm basically just coasting on fond memories of seeing her as a regular in Cap's title for just about one year before she faded into comic book limbo.)

Thought Judge Dredd would be worth a mention?

Quote Originally Posted by Colduo View Post
    Thought Judge Dredd would be worth a mention?
    My understanding is that in Judge Dredd's era there is no longer any such thing as a nation calling itself "The United States of America." Ergo, he doesn't seem to qualify as a "U.S. patriotic superhero."

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    My understanding is that in Judge Dredd's era there is no longer any such thing as a nation calling itself "The United States of America." Ergo, he doesn't seem to qualify as a "U.S. patriotic superhero."
    Fair point it is generally the Mega Cities, Texas City and Cursed Earth if my memory is holding up not America.

Josiah X or really any of the Bradleys.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Like Cap. he even shilled for the junkfood pie co. Dosn't get more American!
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-10-2014 at 06:17 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Yankee Doodle Jones - Yankee Doodle Jones was an American artificial man created by an unnamed scientist using body parts taken from three crippled American World War I veterans who volunteered to give up their lives for the sake of creating "an American champion." After the resulting being was brought to life, the scientist injected him with a "secret fluid" that gave him heightened strength and speed as well as near-invulnerability. The scientist's unnamed son watched it all from the sidelines. He marveled at the secret fluid's effects and wished that he, too, would get a shot of it.

Shortly afterward, a group of Nazi agents broke into the scientist's lab and mortally wounded him. The artificial man rushed to stop the assailant. The scientist's son was eager to help, so he injected himself with the secret fluid. The two managed to stop to Nazi agent, but it was too late for the scientist. With his last breath, he dubbed the artificial man "Yankee Doodle Jones" and his son Dandy and urged them to use their powers to defend their country.

Source: https://pdsh.fandom.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes

Boisterously Confused

No love for Steel The Indestructible Man (aka Commander Steel)?

Astonishing Member

Constable Benton Frasier, from Due South.

My Top 3:

Major Glory

SuperPatriot

The Torch of Liberty