Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Cable creative team and stuff.

http://www.newsarama.com/32278-creat...xion-line.html

One-time Cable writer James Robinson is returning to the title, with veteran illustrator Carlos Pacheco, in what is the sixth (and final, for now) X-Men book coming as part of the new "ResurrXion" joint line with the Inhumans.

The big conceit of the new Cable book, according to Robinson, is Nathan Summers' expertise as a time traveler, with 'timesliding' as 1990s readers will recall.

"One of the things about Cable is he’s a 'time warrior.' Time travel is part of his make-up in almost every aspect of his history - no pun intended," said Robinson. "This series will be Cable on a race against time to fix time. The reason Cable must take on this quest will reveal itself as the story and mystery unfolds, but he’s doing it for the sake of the Marvel Universe, which will fall apart if he doesn’t take action. And in the course of Cable’s mission, we’ll see him in a lot of great time periods like 15th century Japan, WWI, the Stone Age, Victorian England, and on and on, all with those time periods made made more crazy and sci-fi by time being fractured by the villain of our series."

Reading the premise... It looks EXACTLY like Wanda's solo, but with time-travel instead of witchcraft.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Too bad Rachel isn't involved with her time powers - i don't know why writers keep them apart

BANNED

Robinson is a fantastic pick!! continuity buff like Ewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    Too bad Rachel isn't involved with her time powers - i don't know why writers keep them apart
    By now I think they actually really forgot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    One-time Cable writer James Robinson is returning to the title
    Ugh. Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass.

Robinson writes as if we were in the mid 80s. Cable already is a character that often feels like a 90s parody, this is one of the worst possible combinations.

Extraordinary Member

This is the first book I can say I am officially excited for. Things are looking up.
    Last edited by cranger; 12-07-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Incredible Member

Ya, this could be a very good series. They have my attention going forward.

BANNED

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    They like to keep the greys and summers apart for some reason.

Okay, yeah...this sounds interesting. I hope he's sliding back and forth, though, and not just out in the timestream the whole time. Like he used to back in the early 90s. The part about interacting with the broader Marvel Universe makes me think that this will indeed be the case.

I also hope he doesn't have to leave the Uncanny Avengers, but it's sounding unlikely with all the time traveling. Fingers crossed that he can find time for both...after all, what is time to a time traveler? If Logan can do it without bodyslide technology it should be a snap for Nathan to balance both, right?

Incredible Member

Wasn't Cyclops being he father up in the air in an Annual years ago with Ahab. I thought it was speculation that Logan was her father and not Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Wasn't Cyclops being he father up in the air in an Annual years ago with Ahab. I thought it was speculation that Logan was her father and not Scott.
    Well, even if Scott wasn't her father(which he is), she and Nathan would still be biological siblings, or cousins depending on your point of view. Maybe step-siblings? It's complicated.

I've liked James Robinson on DC stuff, the time periods he's promising I'd like to see. Sounds cool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    By now I think they actually really forgot.
    Editors have more or less removed her time based powers or dont allow writers to use them