View Poll Results: Which RessurXion title are you most looking forward to?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men Blue

40 31.01%
  • X-Men Gold

31 24.03%
  • Generation X

20 15.50%
  • Weapon X

36 27.91%
  • Jean Grey

30 23.26%
  • Iceman

25 19.38%
  • Cable

38 29.46%
  • All of them

2 1.55%
  • None of them

26 20.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Gold: yeah, and I'll stick around unless something goes totally wrong. Not nuts about kitty as leader, but the overall cast is good and I really enjoy the work of Syaf.

Blue: probably not. I'm not interested in the New O5 and the Magneto as headmaster thing doesn't impress me. First issue basis.

Weapon X: maybe. I just don't get the appeal of Wolverine on a team of Wolverines. First issue basis.

Iceman: no appeal.

Jean Grey: maybe. Hopeless is alright, Ibanez is alright, and Jean might be the only one to interest me from her group. First issue basis.

Cable: depends on which Robinson shows up but sounds great. Maybe the best a Cable fan could expect.

Generation X: no...

Overall I appreciate the idea of streamlining and I like the creative teams, but I feel like leaving out so many great characters defeats the purpose of working with this franchise.

Yep
    X-Men Blue:
    I like O5 Jean, Scott and Bobby. I would read just for Jean anyway, but I like Bunn's writing and the Magneto thing sounds interesting.
    X-Men Gold: I hate Guggenheim. But I love Kitty, Rachel and Storm, so, yeah. It's also the flagship X-Book right now, so there's that.
    Jean Grey: I would obviously never miss Jean's solo, duh. But I'm confident on what it's going to be too. Hopeless seems to have written a great Jean before, I like the art and the premise.
    Iceman: Judge me for it, but I actually started to care a lot more about Bobby after he came out. I'm glad Marvel seems to be actually caring about representation.

Maybe
    Cable
    : I kinda have a weird thing with Cable. I like most of the stories he's in, but I never really got to care about him as a character and person. I guess it could be interesting, I like Robinson's current Scarlet Witch book.

Nah
    Weapon X:
    I don't really care about Weapon X or all the characters involved. Land on the art just makes it even more uninviting.
    Generation X: Also, don't really care about the characters. The premise and the creative team just seems meh.

Gold: Not excited but I'll give it a shot.
    Weapon X: Somewhat excited I'll give it a shot.
    Blue: I despise the O5 so no.
    Jean Grey: She's not the real Jean so no.
    Iceman: not interested so it's a no.
    Cable: same as Iceman.
    Generation X: NO WAY IN HELL!

I'm excited for the next phase. I feel optimistic and am looking forward to things

Definite long-term pulls are Jean Grey and x-men Blue.

Going to try out Iceman and Gold as well but their quality will dictate my continued purchasing.

No interest in the others but I hope they do well- I like all x-books to succeed
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Nothing I saw makes me want to jump back in. Almost everything just looks like re-named books we have had for the last 5 years with nothing really standing out as a fresh take. Maybe if the word of mouth is really good I might pick up some trades latter on but for now it just looks like more of the same old same old. Even with new writers until the clean house on the editorial side of the X-books and get some better talent there nothing is really going to change for the better.

X-Men Gold: ehhhhhhh I REALLY don't like Old Man Logan and the fact that there are only two POC. AND Marc Guggenheim. Though I like the art and Kitty, Rachel and Storm are all on a team again.

X-Men Blue: Interested in the O5 reuniting again. I don't like that Wolverine, Oya and Genesis are gone, though. I'll pick it up

Iceman: Yep yep yep yep. Definitely buying.

Jean Grey: uhhh I like the writer and artist but I'm not really interested in another Phoenix. Maybe when the story focuses more on her character I'll be more interested

Generation X: This is definitely a must-buy for me. I don't like Quentin Quire but Bling!, Jubilee, Nature Girl, Morph, and the new character are where it's at. I'm indifferent towards Eye-Boy tho

Weapon X: siiiiigggghhhhh why pair Greg Pak with Greg Land. I'll try it but Pak has to really prove himself to overcome Land's shitty art.

Cable: Eh. If Hope, Rachel or O5 Jean/Scott show up then I might pick it up.

Gold: I'll give it a go. Don't really care for the writer but it's got a solid cast and seems to be the flagship anyways.
    Blue: On one hand, the only O5 I care about are Tyke and Jeen. On the other, Cullen Bunnn writing Magneto is always awesome.
    Iceman: Adult Bobby is apparently gonna actually be treated as something other then "I'm funny" guy so it has that going for it.
    Gen X: Premise and cast aren't that promising. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but for now its easily the worst
    Jean Grey: Good or bad, it's Jean Grey's first solo. I gotta at least check it out.
    Weapon X: Greg Pak and the cast will probably help me survive Greg Land
    Cable: I will gladly buy Doctor Who X-Men edition.

Weapon X an Cable are the only one's im getting but I am very excited for both.

Buys:
    - Iceman: TBH, I was kinda hoping for this to be about O5 Bobby, who's had at least some development as a character since coming out. But, either way it's worth supporting, the writer did great on the ANXM annual and it's got a solid artist too.
    - Jean Grey: As the board's resident proud ANXM fanboy, I will of course follow Hopeless wherever he goes. Jean (any version) isn't someone I love but the story set-up sounds promising and I was promised Dom and Boomer guest spots.
    - Generation X: Not quite the assortment of characters I wanted, but it's got Jubilee playing mom, which is absolutely right, and I do wanna support Strain since she's a brand new voice on the X-books. Will give it at least 5 issues before judgment.
    - Cable: Not the most exciting writer, but sounds like exactly the kind of Cable story I'd wanna do if I was a bigshot comics makery person.
    - Weapon X: Cool team roster, promising direction, Greg Pak is a great writer...and then there's Land. Ugh. His presence lowers things so much that, if it weren't for Domino-related completionism, I'd gladly skip this. But...

Un-Buys:
    - X-Men Blue: Magneto ruins everything.
    - X-Men Gold: Never been that big on the Claremont ouvré (yes, fully aware this makes me pretty much the worst possible X-Fan imaginable) and this is very much a Claremont throwback.

So, basically I'm skipping the flagships and focusing on the satellite books...which is basically what I was doing pre-Secret Wars too. Business as usual, then! But I will be buying more stuff than I am now, so it's a success overall.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

1.X Men Blue
    2.Generation X
    3.Either Jean Grey Or Iceman

Don't Trust Gold's Writer I'm Meh About A Modern Day Cable Series And Weapon X's Artwork is bound to be crap

Weapon X is something I am interested to check out (despite the artist assigned to it) and now so is Cable

However, I have no interest in X-Men Blue or X-Men Gold mainly because neither of those casts really excites me so I'll definitely be skipping the former (despite its writer) and more than likely also the latter (partly because of its writer as well). Now only amazing reviews will get me to check either of these out.

I also have no interest in Iceman or Jean Grey because I'm not interested in most X-Men as solo characters and while Jean Grey is one of the few X-Men I might actually be interested to read about as a solo character, this version of her just doesn't excite me. I will not be picking up either of these 2, no matter how good the reviews for them might be.

And less said about Generation X the better. I'm going to pretend that this book doesn't even exist.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 12-07-2016 at 05:13 PM.

X-men Blue will be what I'm likely to buy since I actually like the 05 X-men and Magneto, plus it will be written by Cullen Bunn so this is an instant buy for me. Unforunately I don't wanna buy this and Gold so I probably won't pick that one up on budgetary reasons.

I think Weapon X and Cable have writers I like with characters I don't normally read so I'll have to wait on those ones. I'm sick of the Phoenix so unless I hear great things, no Jean Grey. I'm not a fan at all of Iceman or the creator so thats an instant skip. Generation X for me is kind of weird for me since it uses characters that I have read in the past that I slightly liked but weren't really the main focus of said books except for Quire who I actually like, all with a creator I've never heard of; so with this one I'll wait and see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

X-Men Gold: I'm not that interested in it at the moment, but I might come around once it gets rolling. A plus is it keeps most of the EXM cast, which is one of my favorite X-Men lineups to date (admittedly because both hearken back to the ANAD era)

X-Men Blue: Mostly interested in it to follow one of my favorites, Jean Grey, along with Magneto. Bunn being on the title gives me confidence it will be pretty good. If it were up to me I'd appoint him X-Czar or whatever the primary steward of the direction of the X-franchise would be called

Weapon X: My boy Warpath is back so I'm pretty interested

Generation X: I'm not all that interested, really I'll primarily check it out to see if my favorite obscure X-kids cameo or if one or more of them serves as a foil to a main character

Jean Grey: I'm a fan of the character so I'm anticipating this one pretty highly

Cable, Iceman I'm lukewarm on but may give a shot.

Will buy:

X-Men Gold - Simply because they're not the O5.
    Generation X - I willing to give it a shot. Probably has the most potential because it features characters with minimal baggage.
    Weapon X - Slicing and dicing

Maybe:

Cable - Never followed any of his titles so I might be willing to experiment with this.

Not a chance:

X-Men Blue, Iceman, and Jean Grey.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Extraordinary Member

Cable.

I was almost set on Blue and Gold just because I was going to give Marvel another chance, but after the Cable announcement I think I will set a bar. Everything else other than Cable has to earn it with some pretty exceptional previews between now and then.