View Poll Results: Which RessurXion title are you most looking forward to?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men Blue

40 31.01%
  • X-Men Gold

31 24.03%
  • Generation X

20 15.50%
  • Weapon X

36 27.91%
  • Jean Grey

30 23.26%
  • Iceman

25 19.38%
  • Cable

38 29.46%
  • All of them

2 1.55%
  • None of them

26 20.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Totally getting:
    1. X-men: Blue Unlike a lot of people I don't hate the 05, I did think most of them were redundant and unnecessary because their older versions are still alive but I did think they were entertaining and I love Young Bobby I can't help it. XD That being said what ever past complaints that I did have about the 05 seems like they are going to be addressed. I want to see how them staying in the present is affecting the timeline and how they are causing more trouble by staying here. I also think its cool how they are going to be trained by Magneto.

2. Jean Grey I think its cool how she is going to train and deal with the Phoenix. Also it sounds like she is going to meet past people who use to be Phoenix so that has me interested too.

3. X-men: Gold From the sound of the book it looks like this is going to be a more straight up superhero book, which is good its nice seeing the X-men back to superheroing with out worrying that their species being wiped out. It does feel a little out of nowhere that Kitty is now the leader of the team but it will probably make more sense when we are closer to the books release.

I want to get, but money:
    1. Iceman Sounds like its going to be a cool book (no pun attended).

2. Generation X Ok on one hand I'm totally disappointed in the main cast but on the other hand the premise sounds great. I think its cool how there's going to be three group of students. I don't hate any of the cast, I just don't know any of them aside from Jubilee and Eyeboy so who knows maybe I will like the others when I read the book.

Probably will check out on Marvel Unlimited eventually:
    Cable and Weapon X neither title caught my attention.

Once I know for sure what will happen to Emma, Magik, Psylocke, and M than I will either be more excited or less excited. Also I know that X-men Gold and Blue are coming out two times a month but what about the others?
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

The one I'm most excited for is X-men gold and kitty pryde is finally going to be a leader of her own X-men team and she's finally back and old man Logan is there too I wonder how they'll get along since her and the original wolverine had a really close mentor like relationship.

That said I'm really excited for the generation X weapon X and X-men blue so basically all the team books lol I really hope all new wolverine continues though since its been a really strong and a consistently good title from the beginning and since X-23 isn't on any of the team books.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Forced to buy: Jean Grey-

Sigh...I love Jean Grey, she is my all time favorite but O5 Jean? Ugh just give me back OG please. Not to mention I really don't like Marvel female books as they always have this same quirky boring feeling to them besides Black Widow. However, this is a first Jean book and I just need some Jean in my life so I'm obligated to buy it. But once this becomes some typical shit I'm out.

Maybe: X-Men: Gold and Blue-

X-men Gold is Claremont esque which I don't have a problem with, the lineup is characters I'm most familiar with. The writer I'm giving a chance to because he can prove himself but this guy the same guy behind Arrow past 3 seasons and well...

X-men Blue has the O5 which I don't hate with a passion but the O5 lineup doesn't interest me. Find Angel incredibly boring and Iceman only has my attention because of his powers. Beast I only liked when Morrison and Whedon wrote him. Cyclops and Jean would probably be the only two I like out the O5 but thats cutting it.

No interest: Generation X, Cable, Iceman, Weapon X

Would love to see X-man back in action.

Spectacular Member

Cable looks like it'll be the best of the lot, no contest. The rock-solid creative team and setup are a wonderful surprise.

Gold is held back by the cast, Weapon X by the art, and Generation X by every component having a 50/50 shot of being good or terrible.
    But I like Bunn and Pak, and Fox Sister is nice enough that I have a good feeling about Gen X.

There is almost nothing of value to be found in Gold, Jean Grey, and Iceman. Fortunately two of them are doomed to dreadful sales.

There's a genuine chance the X-Books will juuuuuust qualify as "mostly fine," but I'm sure the general editorially-mandated direction of the line will weight them all down.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Would love to see X-man back in action.
    I was kinda sad he didn't get to be part of the little New Mutants reunion in New Avengers #18.
    Last edited by majormcmeat; 12-07-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Definitely: Iceman.

Might give it a couple of issues: Generation X. There's always a chance the writer will say something between now and April to prick my ears up.

Trade bait (if the reviews are good): X-Men Blue and X-Men Gold. First one, like the writer, no interest in the cast. Second one has a good cast and a not-great writer. Neither set-up makes me think I'll be picking up the single issues.

No interest: Jean Grey, Cable, and Weapon X.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The one I'm most excited for is X-men gold and kitty pryde is finally going to be a leader of her own X-men team and she's finally back and old man Logan is there too I wonder how they'll get along since her and the original wolverine had a really close mentor like relationship.

That said I'm really excited for the generation X weapon X and X-men blue so basically all the team books lol I really hope all new wolverine continues though since its been a really strong and a consistently good title from the beginning and since X-23 isn't on any of the team books.
    since hes like regular logan up till he killed the team itll be the same. he had the same reationship with kitty as our logan did.
    X-Men Forever

My only two maybes are Jean Grey and Gold. Won't buy Jean because I don't find her interesting at all as a stand alone character. Won't touch gold because I just don't like Kitty.

I'm on everything else. I have faith that Bunn will do something not disastrous with the 05 for once and Magneto is involved(He makes everything great).

I'm not excited about any of them but I'll give some a shot.

I'll try:
    - X-Men Blue: it has the premise of Magneto tutoring the O5. I think this has some potential. Also Bunn.
    - Iceman: I like the writer and I'm interested in seeing Bobby embrace his sexuality. I'm hoping for a good story first and foremost though.

Maybe:
    - Jean Grey: I love Ibanez's art. Not a big fan of Hopeless though. I'll try the first few issues at least.
    - Generation X: My expectations for this are LOW, but I'll try it. I'll most likely have dropped it before the issue number reaches the double digits, but I'll try it...

Nope:
    - X-Men Gold: Amazing X-Men was fool me once, Extraordinary was fool me twice. These characters together again ? So boring. Not particularly thrilled with the creative team either. I expect this to turn into a retro monster of the week kind of book after the first arc. Not interested in the slightest.
    - Weapon X: Greg Land. Also I don't care for any of these characters.
    - Cable: I don't hate the character. Not really a fan either. I would have tried it if they got a creative team I like, but you know...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I will give them all a chance, before starting to bitch about a title.

However, I do expect to probably love Generation X and Weapon X most, followed by Cable and Iceman.

Most likely to drop from my new pull-list first: Jean Grey. Why? Because I expect it to be a book for girls mainly, like the current New Wolverine title turned out to be..
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Weapon X, and can be gold team.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    How's X men blue winning? Wasn't it that nobody wanted the O5?
    The vote on this forum always give deceptive results. In reality, the best sales will probably have the Gold team and the Weapon X, because that's where the Old Man Logan.

Well, you can say you're looking forward to them now, but how many people change their minds based on previews?

BANNED

somacula:
    Each book with Wolverine will have better sales than O5. Do You remember that at the begining of ANAD All New Wolverine and Old Man Logan and Extraordinary have better sales than All New or Uncanny?
    order from highest to lowest - Extraordinary X-men, All New Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Uncanny X-men, All New X-men (first issue)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm looking forward to Iceman, X-men Blue, and Jean Grey. ...
    Me too, and in that order. My enthusiasm has increased some, for each of them, since the details were revealed (in those announcement interviews). Now that I've had time to absorb & process it, while focusing on the positives, I'm feelin' a lil better 'bout ResurrXion overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    ... I'll be checking out at least the first arcs of Gen X and X-men Gold. Overall I'll be going from reading only one book currently to potentially five, so I feel like Ressurxion is a mostly positive new direction for the X-line.
    Gold's a potential pick-up for me too, 'cause... Nightcrawler! So if I hear good things 'bout him, I'll be more inclined to check it out. It's got other things going for it as well, there's A LOT to like about the cast, and Adrian Syaf's art looks looks great - best of all the books for me!

Maybe Weapon X also, 'cause... Warpath! And... Domino, too!! I like Jimmy, always have since his X-Force days, and Neena much more so in recent years. Still, will depend on favorable reviews though, and most importantly... fan response.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I will give them all a chance, before starting to bitch about a title.

However, I do expect to probably love Generation X and Weapon X most, followed by Cable and Iceman.

Most likely to drop from my new pull-list first: Jean Grey. Why? Because I expect it to be a book for girls mainly, like the current New Wolverine title turned out to be..
    Genuinely confused here. What's gender exclusive about All New Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    People around here are also fond of Bunn and Magneto.