Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Default X-Men Movie set to begin production in 2017...

90's X-Men or Late 80's New Mutants?

It seems as though the X-Men are returning to Montreal in the not so distant future.

Le Journal De Montréal has learned that 20th Century Fox has already opened up production offices in MELS Studios (located in Montreal) for their next X-Men movie and were also able to confirm that sets for the upcoming feature are expected to begin construction in January, which is just a few short weeks away. It will now become the third film in the series to shoot in the studio, following X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse.

MELS Studios president Michel Trudel corroborated the story: "They will start shooting in May and they will occupy Studios 2 and 3 of MELS for several months." He later went on to further explain the behind-the-scenes work it took to bring the production back to Montreal: "We had two and a half months of negotiations with the people at Fox. I went to Los Angeles last October to try to convince them. We are very pleased that they have agreed to return to Montreal. They enjoyed their two previous shooting experience with us and they were very satisfied with our facilities and talent of the Quebec film industry."

While a production has seemingly been confirmed, it's still up in the air as to which of Fox's many upcoming mutant-related projects it could be. The most likely bet is Josh Boone's New Mutants, which has been heavily rumored to begin filming in the spring, although the report does label the mystery project as "X-Men 7" and not as a spin-off film, so there is certainly a possibility (albeit a small one) that it is indeed a seventh installment in the main storyline.

Josh Boone latest tweets from today
    Hmmmm, what movie could it be?

But I didn't say Montreal . . . we are planning on a spring shoot.

We hope to be shooting as early as April.
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 12-07-2016 at 06:00 PM.

So def New Mutants. That's cool. Hope they get it right.

BANNED

Is it McAvoy X-Men 4 so soon? I hadn't heard about that script being completed.

Or am I misinterpreting Boon?

I think X-Men movie.

New Mutants is supposed to be out either 2018 or 2019.

Which means being filmed spring of 2017 makes it perfect for a 2018 release.

I've heard that the plan is to film Deadpool 2 in early 2017, New Mutants in mid 2017, and Gambit in late 2017. This all started going around at the same time as those rumors of a "reboot"/retool of the X-Men franchise.

That and Fox has three dates for Marvel films in 2018.

Don't know why they insist on that Gambit movie. So it's looking like Deadpool and New Mutants will be out 2018. Hopefully we can get another X-men movie 2019. Hopefully it'll be good. Hopefully it'll focus mainly on the team.... hopefully.
    Last edited by vasir12; 12-07-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk Chicken View Post
    Is it McAvoy X-Men 4 so soon? I hadn't heard about that script being completed.

Or am I misinterpreting Boon?
    Well McAvoy is going to be in both movies so who knows really

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

With all the trouble that went on so far with the makers of Gambit, I seriously doubt there will come a Gambit movie at all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Definetely New Mutants.

I expect Gambit to start later in 2017.

BANNED

Where is the petition to cancel the movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    Where is the petition to cancel the movie ?
    Why cancel a X-Men movie? It's all we got I'd rather have movies to complain about than nothing at all. It's all we got now no animation no games no merch

BANNED

ChildOfTheAtom :
    Why cancel a X-Men movie? It's all we got I'd rather have movies to complain about than nothing at all. It's all we got now no animation no games no merch
    Fox needs to create at least 1 x-men movie per few years if they don't they will lose right to x-men.

cancelled Fox-men movies = new animations, new games, new merch, disney x-men movies

BANNED

Uh no thnaks. I prefere nothing than a bad movie which don't care about X-Men history and add fuel to this stupid clash bewteen Marvel and 20th Foxxy... Comic must prevail to movies not the contrary.