Default If Batman Had The Chance To Be Free of Joker Would He Take It?

Joker is his most infamous villain and foe of Batman's and a friend of mine got to talking while watching another dark super hero movie The Crow. My friend talked about how Eric Draven losing his fiance and dying caused him to become the Crow and he made comparisons to Joker's Killing Joke origin and how in some accounts Joker tried to back out of the Red Hood gang's plot but they threatened his fiance's life (I think this was in the Hush story line it's been a while but I think I remember Riddler being a witness) any way my friend said "So what if Joker turned out to be like a corrupted/confused Crow and one day finally remembered his real purpose to seek revenge?" Now I know the characters belong to different companies or whatever but I think it would make a good non canon crossover story line and this was a really good question I think because Batman has been plagued by Joker so long I don't what he'd do if he learned Joker was some sort of supernatural avenger who lost his purpose some how or perhaps more likely Batman was his target and Batman's whole ideaology somehow caused Joker's confusion but to the point if it came down to it would Batman let Joker kill out of revenge or give up his own life (since in the version my friend referred to Batman's interference is what may have caused the deaths of Joker's fiance and unborn child) so would Batman let someone(either a really bad person or himself) die if it meant being free of Joker forever?

For those that don't know this is who the Crow is.
    Last edited by Castiel; 12-07-2016 at 08:36 PM.

No, his moral stance on killing/life taking is pretty set in stone at this stage of his existence. No shortcuts in justice and all that. I don't think he'd shed any tears if Joker got killed, but he's sort of duty-bound to save Joker's life if he saw someone trying to take it.

Batman willing to sacrifice himself is a little more murky. He's probably willing to die if it could directly save lives, but not to "be free of" Joker.

Also, in Killing Joke, his wife already died in an accident before he led the gangsters through the chemical plant as Red Hood. No one threatened her.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No, his moral stance on killing/life taking is pretty set in stone at this stage of his existence. No shortcuts in justice and all that. I don't think he'd shed any tears if Joker got killed, but he's sort of duty-bound to save Joker's life if he saw someone trying to take it.

Batman willing to sacrifice himself is a little more murky. He's probably willing to die if it could directly save lives, but not to "be free of" Joker.

Also, in Killing Joke, his wife already died in an accident before he led the gangsters through the chemical plant as Red Hood. No one threatened her.
    I agree with all of this, well said. Batman has saved Joker's life from death/murder and even saved Joker from unjust conviction in Joker Devils Advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    (since in the version my friend referred to Batman's interference is what may have caused the deaths of Joker's fiance and unborn child)
    Your friend is misinformed badly on this point.

Any attempt to simply imagine Joker as some Crow-similar avenger is woefully boring and unoriginal and limiting and that's why DC and directors have gone the better route of making Joker's true origin unknown and murky. Sane, insane, sympathetic, forever monstrous...Joker can be any or every thing or nothing to the reader, the ultimate mystery to the World's Greatest Detective and his readers.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-08-2016 at 08:07 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Nah. Batman would get sooooo bored without the Joker.