Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Wonder Woman animted movie

So early this year there was a confirmation of a another animated Wonder Woman movie.

http://screencrush.com/animated-wonder-woman-incoming/

But there is no statement if it's a squeal to the 2009 animated movie or something else. Some say it will be based on Wonder Woman 77.

Yey! I have been waiting for another movies since the last one quite a few years ago.

It will probably be based on her new 52 incarnation to follow the latest DC animated films. A pity.

Fantastic Member

They want to do another Wonder Woman animated movie but it's not yet revealed what it'll be based on. It might be something original.

The had long stated that there will be no Wonder Woman new 52 movie.

Well, let's be hopeful that it will be something really good!

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Heck, I'd almost prefer they just do a super-sized episode of Justice League Action starring Diana.

Seriously, JLA Diana is just the most FUN Wonder Woman I've ever seen! A whole movie of her would be awesome.

Failing that? Yeah, a completely original story would probably be preferable. And I'd like to see DC go BIG with it. Big enemy (or enemies plural,) big threat, big stakes. Let's really showcase Diana at her best. Let's see her defeat powerful foes. Let's see her demonstrate her power far above what she typically gets to do in the comics. If possible, let's work in some moments for her to show her compassion and her capacity for mercy. Make this movie a total love letter to the character of Wonder Woman.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Failing that? Yeah, a completely original story would probably be preferable. And I'd like to see DC go BIG with it. Big enemy (or enemies plural,) big threat, big stakes. Let's really showcase Diana at her best. Let's see her defeat powerful foes. Let's see her demonstrate her power far above what she typically gets to do in the comics. If possible, let's work in some moments for her to show her compassion and her capacity for mercy. Make this movie a total love letter to the character of Wonder Woman.
    Especially with the live action movie coming out next year where Diana will be getting a lot of mainstream attention. They need to strike while the iron is hot.

I would love to see a Hiketeia movie. And let's be real, they aren't going to make an animated film not featuring Batman.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I would love to see a Hiketeia movie. And let's be real, they aren't going to make an animated film not featuring Batman.
    It's a great story, but it would have to be another PG-13 or even R-rated animated movie. The scary imagery might push this movie into "not for kids" territory. Also? Do we REALLY want a Wonder Woman movie in which she flat-out fails at the end? The story ends with her crying herself to sleep after failing completely to save......well anybody, really.

Considering there's already a certain risk that her first live-action solo movie may end on a bit of a downer, I don't know if we want to get the general audience too comfortable with the idea that Wonder Woman is the superhero who fails a lot.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think it will be an original movie seeing that they've already made it clear that we'll get 3 movies a year.
    A Batman movie
    A Justice League movie
    An original movie

Surprised there hasn't been another Wondie animated movie. Her last one did quite well after all. Well better last than never.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-27-2016 at 02:11 PM.

My understanding was that it would be more along the lines of the 77 Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, kind of like what they're doing with 66 Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think it will be an original movie seeing that they've already made it clear that we'll get 3 movies a year.
    A Batman movie
    A Justice League movie
    An original movie
    Well, the Teen Titans: The Judas Contract movie has kind of upended that dynamic, though we also have a Batman: Harley Quinn movie taking the original film slot, so it's anyone's guess what the 2018 slate will look like...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    My understanding was that it would be more along the lines of the 77 Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, kind of like what they're doing with 66 Batman.
    I believe there was a poll for people who attended a screening of Return of the Caped Cruasaders as to what kind of movies they would like to see from the DC Classics line, and a film based on the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman was on there .

Extraordinary Member

Something based on Challenge of the Gods would be something I would like to see.

Or a Doctor Psycho story.

The two parter from the Somne Run with the Children of Ares and fighting Powergirl could also be fun to adapt.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor