View Poll Results: Should The Black Widow become a crime fighting partner for Spider-Man?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 16.05%
  • No

68 83.95%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No.

We already have black cat.

BANNED

I would rather see her team up with Jessica.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    No.

We already have black cat.
    Natasha and Peter have an interesting dynamic that could open doors towards stories that has yet to be explored. Different relationship equals different story outcomes. Besides, Natasha's iconic costume was inspired by Spider-Man. Personally, I want to see Black Cat partner up with Daredevil and Hawkeye while Spidey occasionally works with Natasha. The focus is to inject non Spider-Man created characters into Peter's world as far as being reoccurring guests as well as become part of his supporting cast. Other characters come to mind are Nightcrawler, Captain Britain, and Hank McCoy as part of Peter's close circle of friends.

As far as non Spidey created super heroines goes, I long to see him work with Jessica Drew and Tigra, of which both might have strong ties to Felicia in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, she deals with far different things than Peter and doesn't have a no kill policy.
    Agreed. As a general rule, I'm not a fan of Black Widow at all... but she has no business with Spider-man. Too different of Genres and too different of personalities. She wouldn't be very respectful of him... as a 'super-spy' she's always very 'big picture, I know stuff you never will... ends justify the means' type, and he wouldn't allow her to do what it is she does best... It's pretty much the same hand-tying that he does whenever Punisher needs to team up.

Granted I feel the same way about her with Daredevil, for pretty much the same reasons, but they've danced around with that for decades...

Black Widow and Spider-Man can work well together when the situation warrants it.

But as team-up partners on a regular basis? Why?!?

They don't have enough in common to have it make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Black Widow and Spider-Man can work well together when the situation warrants it.

Because female super-heroes/costumed adventurers' number one reason for existing, apparently, is to be partnered up, one way or another, with a male super-hero/costumed adventurer. Especially if you strip her of her agency, her history, her independence, and anything and everything else just to drive it home to her that she has to lean on the male for support, no matter what.

Astonishing Member

One can say the same about The Black Cat. Regarding the Black Widow, there is potential there as we have also seen with Silver Sable.

BANNED

and you think that every comic book pairing up till now made sense?

Why not have them team up??

They do not need to have "enough in common" to team up; their differences can unite them! In addition, they do have things in common. And they have "Team-Up" before a number of times and the stories were good.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Phoenixx9;4250144]Why not have them team up??

They do not need to have "enough in common" to team up; their differences can unite them! In addition, they do have things in common. And they have "Team-Up" before a number of times and the stories were good.[/
    If you hook up Spider-Man and Black Widow, the comic becomes more about Spider-Man then Peter Parker.instead if the traditional balance that exists in the comic (sort of like Batman and Bruce Wayne). I am an MJ guy, but if you want someone in a costume there is always Black Cat, who is more of a Spider-Man centric character then Black Widow.I will say I prefer Black Widow to Silk ( I hated her in Spider-Man) or even worse, a Spider-Gwen pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    One can say the same about The Black Cat. Regarding the Black Widow, there is potential there as we have also seen with Silver Sable.
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    and you think that every comic book pairing up till now made sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Why not have them team up??

They do not need to have "enough in common" to team up; their differences can unite them! In addition, they do have things in common. And they have "Team-Up" before a number of times and the stories were good.
    Great.

Darthfury has a hard on for shipping Peter and Natasha, then theoneandonly and Phoenixx9 jump on my comment from the start of last month where I said

PLEASE NOTE: I said "Black Widow and Spider-Man can work well together when the situation warrants it."
    I like having the two of them occasionally work together from time to time.

WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE is Darthfury's obsession to make them regular crime-fighting partners. Natasha is not primarily a NYC-based crime-fighter, but Peter is. Natasha is better suited for intrigue/spying stories, but that's not the world Peter should normally be involved with. He has too much of family/locality connections that Natasha doesn't.

Or does Darthfury think Marvel should just kill off Aunt May, MJ, and all of Peter/Spider-Man's supporting cast and make Spider-Man a GrimDark vigilante seeking revenge?!?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Great.

Darthfury has a hard on for shipping Peter and Natasha, then theoneandonly and Phoenixx9 jump on my comment from the start of last month where I said
    And if Black Widow then Mystique or Jennifer Walters but only if she is depowered and went to this science camp with Peter back in the day.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Great.

PLEASE NOTE: I said "Black Widow and Spider-Man can work well together when the situation warrants it."
    I like having the two of them occasionally work together from time to time.

WHAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE is Darthfury's obsession to make them regular crime-fighting partners. Natasha is not primarily a NYC-based crime-fighter, but Peter is. Natasha is better suited for intrigue/spying stories, but that's not the world Peter should normally be involved with. He has too much of family/locality connections that Natasha doesn't.

Or does Darthfury think Marvel should just kill off Aunt May, MJ, and all of Peter/Spider-Man's supporting cast and make Spider-Man a GrimDark vigilante seeking revenge?!?
    No, Darthfury is obsessed with pairing Spider-Man up with anyone. He/she whoever has paired Peter with Black Widow, She-Hulk, Rogue...you name it. They've been doing this for years.

Spectacular Member

Mockingbird tried it with Spider-Man before. If they'd broken up for reasons, then that's why Black Widow won't mix well with him.
    Last edited by saiyan_earthling; 03-25-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Mockingbird tried it with Spider-Man before. If they'd broken up for reasons, then that's why Black Widow won't mix well with him.
    Blame that on the writer.