View Poll Results: Should The Black Widow become a crime fighting partner for Spider-Man?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 16.05%
  • No

68 83.95%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should The Black Widow become a crime fighting partner for Spider-Man?

Who like ASM: Ends of the Earth storyline so far. This is the first time in 26 years that we see The Black Widow and Silver Sable team-up. Only this time with Spider-Man. I was surprise to see Silver's hidden feelings for Spider-Man emerge. Also, does any one feel that The Black Widow has been shocked to see Spider-Man's real persona outside of the Avengers. She would certainly make for an alternate crime fighting partner to The Black Cat. I long to see The Black Widow establish a mutual friendship with Spider-Man now that she has finally seen for herself that Spider-Man would make for an interesting crime fighting partner in her world.

I feel that The Black Widow would make a great crime fighting partner for Spider-Man. Don't you agree? Spidey needs a woman like The Black Widow. And would wouldn't want some for her Russian heritage to rub off on Spider-Man? It could get a lot of Spidey-readers to seriously consider buying The Black Widow related books. She did appear in ASM #86 when she battled him. I would have thought that she would have come back for a rematch against him after that issue because I would have speculated that she would have been stronger than ever. Especially if she's had a sample of his webbing from her first battle with him and analyze its basic DNA structure.

Maybe in fanfiction or alternate universe. But 616? Hell no.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

For an event? Sure. Long term? HELL NO!
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

One of story? Sure. Long term though?...Nah. Sorry, but no, not personally anyway.

Maybe like a team up arc where they just explore how that partnership would work or not.

BANNED

Stop giving female superhero names "The". Natasha is just "Black Widow". Jennifer Walters is just "She-Hulk". Give up on this ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Stop giving female superhero names "The". Natasha is just "Black Widow". Jennifer Walters is just "She-Hulk". Give up on this ship.
    https://youtu.be/SxJA-ePxNlQ

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No, she deals with far different things than Peter and doesn't have a no kill policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, she deals with far different things than Peter and doesn't have a no kill policy.
    Quoted in agreement.

No, I would much prefer Black Cat (616), or failing her perhaps Silk, in that role.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If Silk's solo gets cancelled that probably is what they'd do with her. They're not about to get rid of her, that's for sure.

Has Black Widow ever been pushed as a Spidey distaff counterpart? She predates Jessica Drew by a decade after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Silk's solo gets cancelled that probably is what they'd do with her. They're not about to get rid of her, that's for sure.

Has Black Widow ever been pushed as a Spidey distaff counterpart? She predates Jessica Drew by a decade after all.
    To be fair to DarthFury, there was a decent four-part Marvel Team Up story by Chris Claremont dealing with Spider-Man and an amensiac Black Widow.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    And Deadpool is not? Yet there is a team-up series with Wade and Spider-Man. Black Widow & Spider-Man would work as well as he has with Deadpool. I feel that she should have been Peter's partner from ASM #86 onward, along with Tigra and Spider-Woman during the 1970's to the early 1980's...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-13-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To be fair to DarthFury, there was a decent four-part Marvel Team Up story by Chris Claremont dealing with Spider-Man and an amensiac Black Widow.
    I would like to see a writer pitch a Spider-Man & Black Widow team-up adventure.

sure why not
    troo fan or death