View Poll Results: Should The Black Widow become a crime fighting partner for Spider-Man?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 16.05%
  • No

68 83.95%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Aunt May should rent Peter's room to Black Ant (human guise).

Extraordinary Member

No. Black Cat is one of those characters that gets bounced around depending on writer. Started as thief, evolved into PI/sorta hero, then back to the criminal side of things.....and now back to the side of angels.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    No. Black Cat is one of those characters that gets bounced around depending on writer. Started as thief, evolved into PI/sorta hero, then back to the criminal side of things.....and now back to the side of angels.
    Diversity of non-Spider created characters provides an opportunity to seeing them in a different light. For example, The Black Widow might have ties to Peter's parents. In particular, Richard Parker's espionage with Natasha within the Soviet Union and The Middle East. It would be fun to see Natasha get transported to Spider-Man Noir's world as that would be awesome to see them work together, as this would answer your question regarding a stealth mission in the 1930's era...

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I feel like Slott already answered this by having Peter date Mockingbird who has a similar skill set to Natasha. Good for a storyline or two, but never meant to last, as the two characters seem to agree as well...

Honestly, Kaine Parker would work better with Natasha. He's not afraid to cross the line if he has to. He would be the bull in a china shop to Natasha's tactical mind and spycraft. Kind of like an 80's buddy cop movie lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I feel like Slott already answered this by having Peter date Mockingbird who has a similar skill set to Natasha. Good for a storyline or two, but never meant to last, as the two characters seem to agree as well...

Honestly, Kaine Parker would work better with Natasha. He's not afraid to cross the line if he has to. He would be the bull in a china shop to Natasha's tactical mind and spycraft. Kind of like an 80's buddy cop movie lol
    The idea is to establish the Black Widow in Spider-Man's world as more than just a partnership. It's about how Marvel could introduce her to the Spider-Readers. The romantic relationship route (without a common interest to tie things together) is doomed to fail. So why even bother with that. Natasha is more than just a James Bond character. There is more to her character than Marvel has shown in recent years, as there is more to Peter Parker then just the everyman/Spider-Man that Marvel makes him out to be.

No they operate in different circles. Even when they were avengers together they did not have a lot of the same panel time.

Now BW and Spiderwoman? or BW and Mockingbird?

Pete Already has Black Cat teacups. Well I guess he has the whole MU since he has guest stared everywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    No they operate in different circles. Even when they were avengers together they did not have a lot of the same panel time.

Now BW and Spiderwoman? or BW and Mockingbird?

Pete Already has Black Cat teacups. Well I guess he has the whole MU since he has guest stared everywhere.
    Does the Black Cat have ties to Peter's parents? Seriously, I want to see Spider-Man out of his comfort zone with a developing relationship with Natasha that would open doors to the types of stories that can't be replicated with any other heroine working with him. What I would love to see is Natasha working alongside Spider-Man Noir in a mini series. That would be an interesting story to read about.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-13-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Natasha hasn't got ties to Peter's parents (unless I've missed something).

Now, if she was to have an adventure with Spider-Man Noir that could be interesting given how different he is to mainstream Peter.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Natasha hasn't got ties to Peter's parents (unless I've missed something).

Now, if she was to have an adventure with Spider-Man Noir that could be interesting given how different he is to mainstream Peter.
    Just another personal Deathfury headcanon like that "Peter and Jennifer Walters totally went to Science Camp together back in the day."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Just another personal Deathfury headcanon like that "Peter and Jennifer Walters totally went to Science Camp together back in the day."
    Thought as much.

DarthFury threads are magical
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    DarthFury threads are magical
    I prefer the term ''legendary''. They certainly generate interest at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I prefer the term ''legendary''. They certainly generate interest at the very least.
    No disagreements here, I wish I were even half as much a font of unabashed pure and wholesome inspiration.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Does the Black Cat have ties to Peter's parents? Seriously, I want to see Spider-Man out of his comfort zone with a developing relationship with Natasha that would open doors to the types of stories that can't be replicated with any other heroine working with him. What I would love to see is Natasha working alongside Spider-Man Noir in a mini series. That would be an interesting story to read about.

They have teamed up in the past iircc. I think it takes Nat would be more out her comfort zone especially of late. Spider is not going to become a killer so would they make Nat patrolling nyc stopping street crime?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    They have teamed up in the past iircc. I think it takes Nat would be more out her comfort zone especially of late. Spider is not going to become a killer so would they make Nat patrolling nyc stopping street crime?
    It seems strange that no one likes the idea of Black Widow and Spider-Man working together because she kills. Yet, it's ok for Spidey to be paired up with Wolverine and Deadpool respectively? Those guys are known serial killers toward their enemies. The idea for Natasha to be part of the Spider-Family might unlock a storyline that has yet to be told. I am not advocating for every heroine to team up with Spidey. Relationships are give and take between characters. What does Black Widow have to offer Peter Parker and vice versa? How would either character help the other in which a future writer might want to use as a pickup storyline? That's the selling point to the story. We have already have that with The Black Cat as well as Carol Danvers.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-17-2019 at 04:00 PM.