Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Good show, Horrible character

Simple idea for this thread. Pick a show that you think is really good, but has a character on it that you can't stand.

The example that inspired this thread:
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Gina Lanetti: She just annoys the crap out of me with her attitude and the show wants to show her as right most of the time for some reason - that she has crazy methods, but they usually pay off for the benefit of others. I can never sympathize with her and maybe it's the actress, but I feel the character doesn't actually care about the rest of the Squad. She comes across as a sociopath rather than "quirky" or even funny.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Liz from Blacklist. The actress does a good job, but I don't find her character well made or thought out.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Cheers - Diane Chambers - But she was written that way and done really well. Still a horrible character.

Dragon Ball Z - Goku. Literally gets married because he was like sure why not and then does so many stupid things and is really a horrible father and husband considering.

Fraiser - Fraiser - Seems way too different from his Cheers version. Not a fun character.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The Walking Dead - Carl Grimes. I can't understand the praise he gets in some circles; both the character and Chandler Riggs are awful.

Supergirl - Win Schott. Just... no.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Can't think of one right now, but then I probably wouldn't think the show was really good if I couldn't stand a character one it.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

House - 13 and Vogler. Unlikable angsty hot chick and token evil boss. Any episode focusing on them sucked.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua