Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Okay, Miles gets his powers, has a rudimentary suit, is found by spider-woman/shield, given blessing to keep being spider-man and given a better teched out suit. miles also goes to private school where he dorms with his best friend ganke who is a large asian boy, and he discovers that miles is spider-man.

And in the MCU we have Peter gets his powers, has a rudimentary suit, is found by Tony Stark, given blessing to keep being spider-man and given a better teched out suit. After a team up, Peter goes to private school where he dorms with his ganke (renamed to Ned) who is a large asian boy, and he discovers that miles is spider-man.

There are no similarities there at all, none, zero. We're all overreacting.
    Yes. You are. I definitely thought Ganke when I first saw the trailer; who wouldn't. However this brought me back to the Lafuente issues of Ultimate Spider-Man where the Ultimates began to train Peter (before Miles existed) more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    Yes. You are. I definitely thought Ganke when I first saw the trailer; who wouldn't. However this brought me back to the Lafuente issues of Ultimate Spider-Man where the Ultimates began to train Peter (before Miles existed) more than anything.
    Let's not forget that Tony was mentoring Spider-Man in the 616 prior to the original Civil War, and also gave him a "teched out" suit (Iron Spider costume) five years before Miles Morales debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    And he likes legos.
    well only a sociopath would hate legos!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Or someone who still suffers from the trauma of stepping on lego pieces in childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Or someone who still suffers from the trauma of stepping on lego pieces in childhood
    A trip to the Legoland Amusement park must be very stressful for you. 😃

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    Yeah don't think Ganke will become Hobgoblin anytime soon unfortunately.
    why, cause he is chunky? I wouldn't mind seeing Fat Goblin. Plus it's more likely that he would get a costume than a powered suit. Cause a fat powered suit would loot way more silly than a costume.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Michael Keaton. Great!
    Always great to see my first Batman in action, it'll bring back some nostalgia for me if nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Spider-Man Prom Night
    Spider-Man 3: Driving Test

I'm not a fan of this teaser.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    why, cause he is chunky? I wouldn't mind seeing Fat Goblin. Plus it's more likely that he would get a costume than a powered suit. Cause a fat powered suit would loot way more silly than a costume.
    This "Ned Leeds" has as much chance of getting framed as the Hobgoblin as this version of Flash Thompson has of becoming Agent Venom.

Which is to say, it's probably not happening .

Incredible Member

I abolutely loved this trailer! I am psyched and excited about Spider-Man: Homecoming!

Ned Leeds does seem to be clearly modeled on Ganke (chubby Asian kid who learns a teenage Spider-Man's secret identity) and there are two arguments here.

All of the Spider-Man comics are appropriate (from a legal perspective) source material for this new take on Spidey, and if the creative team wanted to give Peter Parker a male best friend who isn't Harry Osborn, there wasn't really anyone in the comics who fit the bill.

Critics of whitewashing, and fans of Miles Morales, might think it's a problem that a series about a white lead is using story material from a series with a minority lead. The other major aspect would be the mentor/ mentee relationship with Iron Man, which is closer to early Miles Morales stories than anything that happened to Peter.

Obviously, there are a lot of elements of the original Peter Parker Spider-Man in this new version. He's still a smart kid from Queens. He lives with his Aunt May. His rogues include the Vulture and Shocker. He's the first Spider-Man. He makes quips. He's awkward around girls. However, there are definitely elements of Miles Morales here.

It's a trailer for a movie that has tremendous potential, but it marks a departure from what we're used to from Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm sad that for the third time Spiderman is still in high school. I was really hoping they'd finally start him as a 2nd year college student. Tom is college age after all..

Also.. I really guess Zendaya isn't playing MJ like everyone said she was. I guess she really is playing "Michelle".
    Last edited by Troian; 12-10-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I'm sad that for the third time Spiderman is still in high school. I was really hoping they'd finally start him as a 2nd year college student. Tom is college age after all..

Also.. I really guess Zendaya isn't playing MJ like everyone said she was. I guess she really is playing "Michelle".
    Many casual fans are more convinced than ever that's she's MJ, just from how she's marketed in comparison to Laura Harrier who is the love interest of this movie, so I guess it's up to interpretation.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-10-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Many casual fans are more convinced than ever that's she's MJ, just from how she's marketed in comparison to Laura Harrier who is the love interest of this movie, so I guess it's up to interpretation.
    Yeah, perhaps in this world, Peter and Mary Jane either aren't on best terms or haven't even talked yet aside from Zendaya's character thinking that they're losers apparently. I'm still convinced she's playing "Michelle" though.
    Last edited by Troian; 12-10-2016 at 02:44 PM.