Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, I'm just not enthused about the hip-holes.
    The rest is basic and fine.
    The hip holes are weird. I think I blocked them out.

looking forward to this!

I wish Mockingbird played more of a role in Kate's life. She started off as a combination of both Clint and Bobbi, I wonder why no one has utilized that.

It reads like a Kate Bishop Hawkeye comic, which I guess is the best compliment I could give it (other then snappy writing and art that seems very in-line with Fraction's Hawkeye) .
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, I'm just not enthused about the hip-holes.
    The rest is basic and fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Really looking forward to this!
    I wonder if Kelly has any say in the costume? Because those hip holes are Rid.ic.u.lous. The belt must surely scrape her skin raw?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    The hip holes are weird. I think I blocked them out.
    I think the hip holes break up the all-purple costume quite well, but that's me...

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    looking forward to this!

I wish Mockingbird played more of a role in Kate's life. She started off as a combination of both Clint and Bobbi, I wonder why no one has utilized that.
    I would be totally down for seeing more Kate and Bobbi interaction .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    looking forward to this!

Yeah, Kate didn't start out as Hawkeye--she started out as 'Hawkingbird'. lol. And she even had a bit of Swordsman thrown in there as well. But since she took the Hawkeye name, people seem to forget that she IS trained and experienced with swords, and that she has been shown using Bobbi's battle staves too.

I love Mocky, so I am always up for more Bobbi appearances--but I agree that it would be great to see some Kate/Bobbi team-up time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, Kate didn't start out as Hawkeye--she started out as 'Hawkingbird'. lol. And she even had a bit of Swordsman thrown in there as well. But since she took the Hawkeye name, people seem to forget that she IS trained and experienced with swords, and that she has been shown using Bobbi's battle staves too.

I love Mocky, so I am always up for more Bobbi appearances--but I agree that it would be great to see some Kate/Bobbi team-up time.
    Considering the Mockingbird series is over now, I'm pretty sure Bobbi's free to make some guest appearances or have a recurrent role in Kate's Hawkeye book.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Just read the 1st issue, and yeah, this book is staying on my pull list. Great job Hawkeye team!

AGREED!
    100% Awesome, Kelly! Great work! Go Team!

I totally loved the first issue. This is going to be another series added to my pull list.

Looking foward to picking this up. I have loved Kate ever since Young Avengers, finally she gets the solo she deserves! Fingers crossed it does well...

Pretty fun and enjoyable issue. Definitely felt in-line with Fraction's work with Kate in Hawkeye, especially her time in LA, and Kelly Thompson has a strong grasp on Kate's character .

I just want to believe that the people who came to Kate wanting to punch Clint were in the minority that were actually angry he murdered The Hulk .

I wonder if this Quinn kid is going to be one-end of Kate's love triangle that I recall Ms. Thompson talking about? Or he could just be her typical hacker/computer wiz sidekick, because most Superheroes need those these days.

I'm expecting Kate is going to get in trouble for not having a proper PI license at some point (she's strapped for cash right? Cut off from her fortune? That's why she didn't bother paying for one?). Especially as she gets involved in with the LAPD.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Really enjoyed this, it was probably my favorite release this week.

The only nitpick I had was the introduction of the Quinn character. With the stalker case getting wrapped up in the very next scene, the computer lab scene felt unnecessary. I can only assume that it was included because Quinn will be a recurring role.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just want to believe that the people who came to Kate wanting to punch Clint were in the minority that were actually angry he murdered The Hulk .
    Daww if that guy that wanted to punch Clint in the face had said "He killed my hero" with a tear in his eye, that would have been an emotional gut punch... but it probably would ruined the tone of that sequence.

Invincible Member

I read the first issue this mourning. I really enjoyed it. Funny script. Great visuals that really exploit the fact that it's comic book art yet still nuanced if that makes sense.
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-15-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Kick ass start! I can finally read Hawkeye again baby!

Art is also on point. I hope Quinn stays as one of the recurring characters, loved his snark already. (God knows Kate needs someone to level her down)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Kate has one of the coolest costumes in recent years. It's hard to keep a look through multiple rebrandings.

Speaking of which, I'm super into keeping the pop art style from the Fraction Hawkeye book in this new series.
    I'm pretty sure that it's meant to be a homage/tribute to Emma Peel from the classic TV Show The Avengers.