Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Default Spider-Man: So Bad He is Good

I am going to assume that those responding to this thread are familiar with the term "So bad, it's Good" So here's a thread for discussing moments in Spider-Man that are entertaining because of how bad they are.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    I am going to assume that those responding to this thread are familiar with the term "So bad, it's Good" So here's a thread for discussing moments in Spider-Man that are entertaining because of how bad they are.
    The Punk Spider would qualify for that, as just a recent example.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Spider-Ham. I know he has his fans but still...LOL.

Does Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon count?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Does Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon count?
    Don't see why it wouldn't.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

The best part is that he's yelling at the Shocker, of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post

I actually love that scene

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Too bad Angry Birds isn't Marvel. But that With Great Power line from the Ham, it's hillarious.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post

I actually love that scene
    Same here. Used to send shivers up my spine. The point of it, though, was that Spider-Man was being driven increasingly homicidally insane by the symbiote he was wearing, to illustrate why he had to get rid of it, as opposed to in the comics where it was too clingy for its own good and Spidey was just disgusted by the idea of wearing a living being. In that origin, I kind of see why the symbiote would hold a grudge, and adding Eddie Brock's litany of psychological issues to the mix didn't help matters any.

As for "so bad, it's good," aside from the first season(s) of Ultimate Spider-Man, which did improve in its latter seasons, how about The Clone Saga, taken as a whole? Or Spider-Man Unlimited (the cartoon, not the mobile game)? I mean, I liked Spider-Man Unlimited, but it did have a really crazy premise for a Spider-Man series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. Used to send shivers up my spine. The point of it, though, was that Spider-Man was being driven increasingly homicidally insane by the symbiote he was wearing, to illustrate why he had to get rid of it, as opposed to in the comics where it was too clingy for its own good and Spidey was just disgusted by the idea of wearing a living being. In that origin, I kind of see why the symbiote would hold a grudge, and adding Eddie Brock's litany of psychological issues to the mix didn't help matters any.

As for "so bad, it's good," aside from the first season(s) of Ultimate Spider-Man, which did improve in its latter seasons, how about The Clone Saga, taken as a whole? Or Spider-Man Unlimited (the cartoon, not the mobile game)? I mean, I liked Spider-Man Unlimited, but it did have a really crazy premise for a Spider-Man series.
    Spider-Man Unlimited was a cool concept, but it was unfortunately cut short with Godzilla:TAS and Pokémon on at the time. I liked the whole crazy heroic Hector Jones Green Goblin with wings. The first time Spidey met him he was in awe of the fact that Green Goblin was an actual hero in that universe. Or there was also the part where Hector Jones did "what no other superhero on this planet was willing to consider" to escape The Synoptic. Even more funny is that every meeting between the Green Goblin and Spider-Man is Rino talking to himself.

Always loved Rino Romano's voice as Spider-Man, also nice for them to get the voice of Black Cat from the prior Spider-Man series (Jennifer Hale) to be Lady Vermin, Mary Jane Watson, and a few other voices.

I would also add the whole Spider-Man 2000 video game as being bizarre, especially funny credits scene and the endboss being Superior Carnage, Octo-Carnage, or whatever you call Otto Octavius bonded to the Carnage symbiote.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 12-09-2016 at 07:38 PM.

I present the Amazing Octo-Carnage!

The scenes during the credits are also hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post

The scenes during the credits are also hilarious.
    I remember this game! Used to love playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post

The scenes during the credits are also hillarious.
    Every Marvel hero and villain in NYC playing go fish.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

LOL, the Spider-Ham part of Ultimate Spider-Man was the best, considering everyone got turned into wierd proportions upon entering his universe.

I will agree wholeheartedly with SHOCKERRRRRRR, I'LL CHASE YOUU TO THE ENDS OF THE EAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRTHHHH!!! I love it so much. Pretty much any time Christopher Daniel Barnes raised his voice in that show I just love it. I like in the Turning Point episode when he's just completely blasting Madame Web: "I AM SICK OF YOUR LESSONS, AND YOUR RIDDLES, AND YOUR SUPREME ARROGANCE!!! DON'T YOU EVER, EVER ENTER MY LIFE AGAIN!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME? DOOO YOU HEAR MEEEEEEEEEEE???!!!!!!"

Torment is so bad, but it's also really great because of how overwrought the writing is, it's a great parody, and it's also great because of the McFarlane art.

The MTV Spider-Man show is like an encapsulation of early 2000s teen culture and lingo and it's so cringy but I can't hate it because it's simultaneously hilarious, also the show looked nice.

I think some of the emo Peter stuff in SM3 deserves a mention, as well as much of The Amazing Spider-Man 2: "It's ma birfday, time to light my candles!"