Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default New Avengers #18 - Avengers Forever

This run was great

I like the fact that he looks like the only person at Marvel who actually understands and cares for the premise of writing characters and situations in a shared universe.

I like how Ewing ends every comic he writes with built in set-up for other writers to use.

I can not believe he said it. But I would like to see where they are going now.

I really would like a new series of Young Avengers

I liked the reference

Incredible Member

I liked watching the news mutants. I'm excited for cannonball is on team, but sad that three of my favorite characters left (Billy, Teddy and Mellissa)

But Everything already prepared for USAvengers

Last edited by Lucas 35; 11-30-2016 at 04:14 PM.

The New Mutants reunion (minus Rahne and Magik) was great. Nice to see them all back together for at least one issue, especially since quite a few of them have been in limbo for a while (especially Amara and Karma) .

I got a good chuckle at the idea of Victor and Max forming their own "Power Man and Iron Fist" team. I'd love to see Walker take that and run with it in his book for a team-up with Luke and Danny. It feels like we're going to get a double or triple of everything in the Marvel Universe at some point .

I was expecting more "Big Damn Kiss" and less "subdued moment" for Toni and Akiku's first kiss, but it was a nice moment.

Billy and Teddy finally have their own place, and might be planning on some kind of Young Avengers reunion...or a Wiccan and Hulking book? Whatever happens, good-note to end on for them.

I'm guessing we'll get a new White Tiger around the time they show up in a Netflix series. And with the Ultimate Spider-Man carton ending, it doesn't look like there will be any place to see Ava as the White Tiger (other then the games she's in, I guess).

And Songbird is off to rejoin the Thunderbolts, as I'd been expecting for a while. Nice Avengers Forever reference .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The New Mutants reunion (minus Rahne and Magik) was great. Nice to see them all back together for at least one issue, especially since quite a few of them have been in limbo for a while (especially Amara and Karma) .
    Magik was actually there

Capture.JPG

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Magik was actually there

Capture.JPG
    Al Ewing is a fantastic writer! I loved this book and can't wait for US Avengers.

Incredible Member

Well I'm kind of annoyed that it now feels like we're getting little no explanation for why Billy and Teddy aren't on the USAvengers because obviously we're probably never getting another Young Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Well I'm kind of annoyed that it now feels like we're getting little no explanation for why Billy and Teddy aren't on the USAvengers because obviously we're probably never getting another Young Avengers series.
    I don't actually think they fit that concept at all(I'm not really looking forward for it that much, I wish NA could stay NA), but yeah, they're probably going to limbo for a while now and that hurts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Al Ewing posted that Marvel Boy was going to be in his Inhumans book coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't actually think they fit that concept at all(I'm not really looking forward for it that much, I wish NA could stay NA), but yeah, they're probably going to limbo for a while now and that hurts.
    Yeah, I will miss them too, I liked what Ewing had done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Magik was actually there

Capture.JPG
    Ah! Completely missed that! Awesome .

Now I'm wondering if Rahne was actually there...

Just. Beautiful.

Every. Last. Bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    This run was great

I like the fact that he looks like the only person at Marvel who actually understands and cares for the premise of writing characters and situations in a shared universe.

I like how Ewing ends every comic he writes with built in set-up for other writers to use.

I can not believe he said it. But I would like to see where they are going now.

I really would like a new series of Young Avengers

This title, when it was first announced, had me perplexed.
    It ascended hard and fast into my top 5 series of all time.
    Thank you Ewing. Just masterful.

Good ending for Billy and Teddy but sad that they are back to limbo. Hopefully not for long.

I'm not reading this book until next week, ,so i'm not sure why the team breaks up. Is there anything in this issue about the new red hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm not reading this book until next week, ,so i'm not sure why the team breaks up. Is there anything in this issue about the new red hulk?
    No Red Hulk info, but you can bet it is General Maverick.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”