Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Really enjoyable - lots of action, and I agree with Caivu - it seems that Steph has a plan, not a betrayal. One that contradict's Batman's plan, but hopefully Batman will be able to articulate some things to her next issue. Art was really solid - glad the week off gave Barrows more time than for the second issue of this arc. This time there weren't any wonky overstretched figures (other than the clay characters
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Also, Steph did NOT create the Tim construct, so she's not as cray-cray as we thought.
    *Clay Clay

Badum tshhh! Nicely done.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

All the current team(spoiler is out of this mision) vs something of Victim Syndicate, winning his enemy in different ways..

Spoiler appears in cool plan, acting as some kind of antihero...

It would be good a spoiler comic after this(She is definitely out of the team)... but Everything is not possible
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-14-2016 at 01:33 PM.

So let's brainstorm: what is Steph's plan going to be? I know I'm going to be really pissed if she actually fights the rest of the team, but what else could she have in mind? I honestly can't think of anything, except that maybe she'll have figured out a way to make the Mud Room constructs mobile and use them for something.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    So let's brainstorm: what is Steph's plan going to be? I know I'm going to be really pissed if she actually fights the rest of the team, but what else could she have in mind? I honestly can't think of anything, except that maybe she'll have figured out a way to make the Mud Room constructs mobile and use them for something.
    I think she's going to unmask the First Victim, and make them tell the truth (since I believe the First Victim is a liar who's manipulated a bunch of real victims). I think she's going to leave the team to try to make her little corner of the city safe (and I really hope that Tynion keeps his promise and keeps her in the title, even if she leaves the team).

I should also say: as one of the biggest Steph fans I know, I think that Steph would get her face planted if she actually tried to fight literally anyone but Clayface on the team. Well, okay, maybe she could trick Luke's tech with stuff she learned from Tim and Harper, but Kate, Bruce, and Cass would wipe the floor with her, and I think she knows that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I should also say: as one of the biggest Steph fans I know, I think that Steph would get her face planted if she actually tried to fight literally anyone but Clayface on the team. Well, okay, maybe she could trick Luke's tech with stuff she learned from Tim and Harper, but Kate, Bruce, and Cass would wipe the floor with her, and I think she knows that.
    Luke is an MMA champion he should be able to wipe the floor with Steph (and imo also Kate) even without any tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Luke is an MMA champion he should be able to wipe the floor with Steph (and imo also Kate) even without any tech.
    Not to get too sidetracked, but c'mon. Kate can take a fucking MMA fighter. Do you have any idea the kind of stuff she's done? At all? 'Cause it really doesn't seem like you do.

Like, I'm not trying to claim Kate's the best fighter or anything, but I'm tired of people underestimating her like this. It's irritating.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-14-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Oh man, that scene between Bruce and Tim..........it was amazing. So brilliantly done. I miss Tim more than ever now. I don't care what anyone says, Tynion knows how to write these characters spot on! Hopefully, when Tim gets back, they can pick up where they left off.

And what the heck is Spoiler doing??
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Not to get too sidetracked, but c'mon. Kate can take a fucking MMA fighter. Do you have any idea the kind of stuff she's done? At all? 'Cause it really doesn't seem like you do.

Like, I'm not trying to claim Kate's the best fighter or anything, but I'm tired of people underestimating her like this. It's irritating.
    Agreed. Kate's a superb hand to hand fighter, not to mention a great tactician. Which is one of the reasons why Bruce picked her to lead the team. I think Kate would kick the snot out of Luke.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I don't know what her plan is but I hope whatever it is, it doesn't get her kicked off the team. When the first issue hit, I was so happy to have this group of characters together (along with Tim), then Tim was removed from the playing board. If he takes Steph off the team, I'm going to be ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Oh man, that scene between Bruce and Tim..........it was amazing. So brilliantly done. I miss Tim more than ever now. I don't care what anyone says, Tynion knows how to write these characters spot on!
    That's his biggest strength as a writer, and I've been noticing over the past year or so that if a writer (any writer) really cares about the characters they write, that can make up for a lot of other shortcomings. As a sidenote, he wrote the Flash story in the Holiday Special and had a spot-on Captain Cold.

Agreed. Kate's a superb hand to hand fighter, not to mention a great tactician. Which is one of the reasons why Bruce picked her to lead the team. I think Kate would kick the snot out of Luke.
    Right? I don't know where all this lowballing of her comes from. At first I thought it was just because she was relatively new, but Luke's even newer than she is, so it's not that. I just have to assume people aren't as knowledgeable about her (which in and of itself is okay).

I don't know what her plan is but I hope whatever it is, it doesn't get her kicked off the team. When the first issue hit, I was so happy to have this group of characters together (along with Tim), then Tim was removed from the playing board. If he takes Steph off the team, I'm going to be ticked.
    If she leaves of her own choice, would that be okay? I'm starting to think that might be what happens.

What if Spoiler bounced to BOP after this arc on some "i need time away from Batman" type mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If Steph froze his tech, as Harper did to JimBats in BRE, I think she could take him in that state. Hand to hand, sure, I could give it to Luke. Not touching the Kate thing.

Oh man, that scene between Bruce and Tim..........it was amazing. So brilliantly done. I miss Tim more than ever now. I don't care what anyone says, Tynion knows how to write these characters spot on! Hopefully, when Tim gets back, they can pick up where they left off.

And what the heck is Spoiler doing??
    Seconded - I love Tynion's Tim (and almost every single one of Tynion's characters, really - he even makes me care about Azrael .

I think, along with Caivu, that Steph is leaving because she's trying to figure things out. I agree - I don't think Batman should fire her.

If she leaves of her own choice, would that be okay? I'm starting to think that might be what happens.
    Yeah, I think Tynion is working to tell a classic type Spoiler story, where she's marginalized by the Batfamily, but giving her more agency by having her be marginalized for philosophical reasons, not because Batman's being a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    What if Spoiler bounced to BOP after this arc on some "i need time away from Batman" type mentality?
    I would LOVE that, but think it's unlikely. Funnily enough, before the Rebirth details were released, I thought Spoiler, Harper, and Cass would be on the Birds of Prey, since that's the direction Batgirl was headed at the time.

God damn...Kate's "no." Moment was totally badass!