Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-MEN PRIME One-Shot Announced + Editor Chat (EW)

Click here to go!

Basically it's one of those 'point one' specials they put out for relaunches, except specifically for Resurrxion (or at least the mutant bits of it). All writers of new announced series involved plus Ken Lashley on art. Also: Laura's on the cover, so I guess we can exhale now?

Edit: *SHAKES FIST AT SOULSWORD323*
    Last edited by CraigTheCylon; 12-09-2016 at 11:26 AM.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

Laura better be the female member joining Blue!!!

woah, this looks awesome.

Damn, I feel like I'm going to be buying a lot of X-Men stuff next year. Or I guess I should say, even more X-Men stuff than I already am now!

Old Man Logan's frumpy old duster jacket is back, but somehow I like it slightly better than the shorter fur-lined collar one he's sporting now. Both are boring looks IMO, though.

As for the rest, well, I like the X-men Blue team's redesigns much better than X-men Gold team's. And Cable's new outfit is pretty sick too, though it's very similar to the one he wore in his last solo (which I also liked). The 'X' on the chest has kind of become his iconic look. And it fits with him "stepping up" in a major way in the absence of fallen X-men leaders like Cyclops, Xavier and the real Logan too.

They still haven't said anything official about the Old Man Logan series and All New Wolverine sticking around. I'm assuming they are, and will be the only current X-men books to do so. We'll see I guess...

I still have no interest in Gug's writing, but dang Syaf's art does look nice. Except for Rachel's wannabe-Supergirl look. No love for that.

I'll pick it up. May help decide, and previews later down the line, which books I'll really be picking up.

that art is not good

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Well Bunn could do wonders with her... But add surge! Much needed diversity

Also all the O5 are in the cover they're just that relevant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Ugh. My biggest hope is that NOT being on a team with Angel means that another writer can now come in and break up that godawful relationship.

BANNED

Kitty being in the front along with OML outfit and missing characters offsets the image

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ugh. My biggest hope is that NOT being on a team with Angel means that another writer can now come in and break up that godawful relationship.
    Seconded. Also, if Bunn brings in Surge, Mercury, Loa, or even Pixie, I will buy this book.

Actually, now that I think on it, Loa isn't that much of a long shot. Bunn did a good job with her back when he wrote that Fear Itself mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How would you feel about her and Tyke? I'm still kinda shipping them.

And Prestige in that mini skirt looks horrible! I hope they don't give her a skirt just pants.

BANNED

Kitty looks horrible. Awful hair (why does every Marvel woman in a position of power need a butch cut? Kitty's curly hair is classic and they've steered away from it since Revolution). Fucking underwear on the outside. Even Superman doesn't have that anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Seconded. Also, if Bunn brings in Surge, Mercury, Loa, or even Pixie, I will buy this book.

Actually, now that I think on it, Loa isn't out of the question by any means. Bunn did some good work with her back when he that Fear Itself mini.

It seems blue is x-force with reverse ideas, gold has me completely turned off now, that exert from Marc is a bit tone deaf.

Ah, X-Men Prime...

Lashley has better be sticking with Bunn for a few X-Men Blue arcs. I hope additions to the Blue cast involve another teacher or two for the O5, not more 'students' being forced into the O5.
    ...and I bet Kitty designed that costume for Rachel. It's the only explanation for something that horrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'