Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This is just following the same cycle through the years. Marvel dominates, DC reboots and leads for 4-5 months. Then Marvel dominates again. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess this means more #1's, relaunches, and lackluster event books ad infinitum .
    I buy and support books that I enjoy. If it's a new #1 or a relaunch of a series, it doesn't really affect me, as long as it's still a good read. Just cause they are gonna keep the events coming, doesn't mean that they have to be lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    This is just following the same cycle through the years. Marvel dominates, DC reboots and leads for 4-5 months. Then Marvel dominates again. Nothing new.
    Though DC didn't actually reboot this time .

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    I buy and support books that I enjoy. If it's a new #1 or a relaunch of a series, it doesn't really affect me, as long as it's still a good read. Just cause they are gonna keep the events coming, doesn't mean that they have to be lackluster.
    Well, when the average quality of events tends to be set at "lackluster," with some rare exceptions, I'm not really confident in any improvement there.

And I think events still have a negative impact on the line as a whole, so not really looking forward to more and more down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Holy moly!

How many books is he personally in!??
    Well, he shows up in every book to some degree, but as a consistent regular? 3 books (4 if we're stretching his multiple appearances in Nightwing).

Yes they did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Don't strain yourself moving that goalpost.
    I'm pretty sure that has always been the challenge to Marvel's 'dominating' sales. As a reader, I am more interested in how well a book is doing at #10 than #1 because I would like to be reading #20 or #50 at some point. As a reader, I could care less that a publisher pushes thousands upon thousands of copies of a special issue out the door that will not sell just for the promotion it creates. If I am enjoying a book, I do like to know if there appears to be enough interest in the book from other readers to know how that book is doing.

Otherwise, as a reader, and definitely not a shareholder, the fluffing that gets done is nothing I see any reason to cheer on. I would like to see the Top 300 before making any claims how well things are going.

Just get masking tape and everytime marvel renumbers back to #1 for the sales boost, tape iver it

Everybody wins!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Just get masking tape and everytime marvel renumbers back to #1 for the sales boost, tape iver it

Everybody wins!
    Haha... the big books relaunching are more of annoyance, true, as a lot of those last long enough these days. It is more the mid to lower tier books that just get strangled out by all the gimmicks. Retailers spending dollars to get enough copies for a variant or make sure they have enough #1s or event books are going to push those books and let the other titles rely on pull lists to order.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Wonder how Champions and Doctor Strange's spin off did? They are out of the Top 10 now.

Speaking of which, I wonder what the drop off was for Infamous Iron Man and Jessica Jones? I doubt it'll be as bad as Punisher and Thunderbolts, but I am curious.

Well, when the average quality of events tends to be set at "lackluster," with some rare exceptions, I'm not really confident in any improvement there.
    And I think events still have a negative impact on the line as a whole, so not really looking forward to more and more down the line.
    Your not wrong for being skeptical about the next event. I'm weary as well, and if it looks like another dud, then I'm just skipping it.

Extraordinary Member

So you mean allllll those ppl that dropped their pull list came back? Or maybe it wasn't that many ppl to begin with huh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So you mean allllll those ppl that dropped their pull list came back? Or maybe it wasn't that many ppl to begin with huh.
    Probably not, but do not rule out new readers. Also, the Top 300 is where you want to look to see how the ongoings are doing, when there are mass book drops we will see it there, not in the Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Yes they did.
    No, they didnt; Rebirth said that the New52 wasnt a reboot.

You also gotta love how the main ASM and Clone Conspiracy event can't break the top 10 but a married Spider-Man book can .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    No, they didnt; Rebirth said that the New52 wasnt a reboot.
    New 52 was still a 'reboot'. Rebirth just acknowledges the past continuity in a major plot, that while already acknowledged in Convergence, adds a wrinkle to how the 'reboot' was caused.

Rebirth was not a reboot though.

BANNED

You also gotta love how the main ASM and Clone Conspiracy event can't break the top 10 but a married Spider-Man book can .
    RYV had its #1 issue in Nov so it follows that it would make a big splash. CC #1 was in the top ten in Sept and ASM is frequently in the Top Ten.

I like RYV, I want it to be a big success. However, will it outperform ASM in the long run? No, not likely.