Page 36 of 390 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    Agreed. The whole thing needs to be scrapped and rebooted.
    Less Prof, Magneto and Wolverine.
    More Cyclops, Emma, X-23, Storm, Rogue, Majik and Colossus.
    Agree with this. Except for X-23. I want her in the X-Force franchise with Cable and Domino. Sub her in for Feral or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    How dumb do you think the general audience is?
    Pretty dumb, considering nobody I knew ever noticed. XD

In all seriousness, all this whinging over 'the X-Men franchise are focusing on the wrong characters', 'the continuity is terrible', they're all more important concerns for super nerds like us. Legitimate yes, but not franchise breaking, considering by the end of DOFP everybody was excited about where the movies were going next. Apocalypse failed because it was boring, had terrible writing, one very prominent questionable performance, and wasted certain characters, plain and simple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agree with this. Except for X-23. I want her in the X-Force franchise with Cable and Domino. Sub her in for Feral or something.
    Having been waiting to see her debut in the films it would suck for them to reboot so soon after finally introducing her. ESPECIALLY given the positive early buzz around her.

BANNED

I learned a LONG time ago to never underestimate the potential stupidity of the general public.

There are things the general audience wouldn't catch compared to more hardcore fans, but saying that they would think the two Angels are not supposed to be the same character is a bit of a reach.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Very dumb. Just look who is the president of the United States.

There are things the general audience wouldn't catch compared to more hardcore fans, but saying that they would think the two Angels are not supposed to be the same character is a bit of a reach.
    The issue is less 'thinking they're the same character' and more 'not even remembering Angel was in X3'. Most people usually watch movies to have fun in the moment then forget about them, particularly one that was poorly received and came out 10 years ago.

In my experience anyway. We don't take movies seriously here, but maybe it's different in the US.

EDIT: Lol Man of Sin.
    Last edited by iacobusleo; 12-29-2016 at 12:16 PM.

iacobusleo is right about people not remembering the original films. There are people who seriously believe Charlies has tried to save Erik in all six films. When in X1 he is shown to be willing to kill him and/or throw him in prison and in X2/X3 they only have brief interactions about stuff not about Erik himself(Styker knowing about Cerebro and whether or not Jean's power should be hold back).
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-29-2016 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    1. Use action sequences to further team dynamics, character relationships and give us awesome character moments (Whedon & Russo MCU movies are the best examples)

2. Don't cut out fun downtime scenes like the mall sequence in future movies. Scenes like these are vital in illustrating what the X-Men are ultimately fighting for: hope for a beautiful, integrated multicultural/species society (they also help us get to know the characters better)

3. Give MORE women and minority characters a chance in the forefront and give them strong, appealing characterizations

4. Scale back on Magneto

5. Dazzler solo musical!
    great list, and thanks for joining!

would be nice to see a few more users sharing their list too

Quote Originally Posted by iacobusleo View Post
    Pretty dumb, considering nobody I knew ever noticed. XD

In all seriousness, all this whinging over 'the X-Men franchise are focusing on the wrong characters', 'the continuity is terrible', they're all more important concerns for super nerds like us. Legitimate yes, but not franchise breaking, considering by the end of DOFP everybody was excited about where the movies were going next. Apocalypse failed because it was boring, had terrible writing, one very prominent questionable performance, and wasted certain characters, plain and simple.
    I believe that the main problem was didn't deliver the end of the world action and compelling villains the marketing was promising. The film should have been called X-Men: Fall of The Mutants or X-Factor because the title Apocalypse was just a vehicle to help other characters to develop(Magneto) and play a foil to(Xavier).
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-29-2016 at 01:11 PM.

agreed.

From First Class-Apocalypse, these are prequels, to general audience. mistakes/continuity changes aside. So yeah, young Angel is probably seen as the younger version of X3 one. General audience dont remember what year X3 was set. Only those who know Ben Foster and pay attention to Ben Hardy's age would notice the age problem. But aside from those smarter viewers, its the same character.

BANNED

Um.....I thought that with the changed timeline, things being different was kind of a given? How is Angel turning out different that far of a stretch? It's not like dude was walking around the mansion at the end of DOFP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Um.....I thought that with the changed timeline, things being different was kind of a given? How is Angel turning out different that far of a stretch? It's not like dude was walking around the mansion at the end of DOFP.
    The problem is that characters like Warren and Jubilee weren't born until AFTER 1973 in the original timeline (IE Jubilee was a teenager in her cameos in X-Men and X2, and Warren would have been in his mid-20s in X3). However for them to be the ages they are in Apocalypse, they would have had to be born BEFORE 1973. So yeah, if it's the same time it's pretty problematic.

This is why I wish they'd just retcon it so that First Class was ALWAYS a different timeline, in the same way that Earth-811 and Earth-616 were different timelines in the original DoFP comic. A LOT of the continuity problems would disappear if that were the case, and you can handwave Xavier's recollections in the bad future as that the two timelines were similar-but-different (as was the case between 811 and 616). And frankly, it wouldn't take a LOT of effort on the producers' part, since there's nothing that really states within the films themselves that the story is set in "Earth-X" or "Earth-Y."

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Changing the timeline doesn't mean people are born earlier.

Angel can't be the same age in 1983 & 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Changing the timeline doesn't mean people are born earlier.
    lol Tell that to DC's Flashpoint.

I don't agree with it but I remember Kinberg mentioning this.