Page 313 of 390 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5845

Don't act like Feige doesn't have a 'break in case of Fox acquisition' box with well-laid plans for the X-Men and FF(et al). Stan Lee was saying this deal was coming for months if not years(and everyone just thought he was a senile old man) before it actually was confirmed in the media officially.

Sony's last Spider-Man movie made $709 million starting in May 2014, and by early 2015, a share deal was made and Spidey got recast in late June of 2015 and began filming to be inserted into the MCU for April 2016's Civil War; and had his own feature this past summer, 2017. They can move fast when they want to.

When the final documents are approved and signed for this Disney/Fox deal, you had best believe things will change quickly. Apocalypse only made $543 million. Even if Dark Phoenix can do better and match ASM2's numbers[in the end of 2018, going into 2019, by which time the deal could be ironed out or at least pretty close], there would be zero reasons why the MCU wouldn't just recast and retool the franchise as much as they want[instead of letting preproduction for a DP sequel get about 3 months into things before being completely retooled anyways]. X-Men movies should be pulling in a full billion or more. MCU X-Men movies will, but not by using Fox's approach.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    How do you know he made the plans without the mutants possibly being involved? These deals take months to hammer out even before we know about them. The Sony hacks showed the talks between Sony and Disney/Marvel were going on months before the public heard anything. It's very possible there were two plans for phase 4 one with the X-Men and FF and one without in case the deal didn't go through.
    The Skrulls are already being introduced in Captain Marvel. The deal will definitely not go through by the time Captain Marvel and the Infinity Wars sequel are done filming, which will probably set up Phase 4 plans. Also, they have sequels for Spider-Man, Guardians, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man/Wasp, Black Panther, Carol herself and possibly Taika Waititi returning with Thor 4. Fantastic Four could be incorporated earlier as they are easier to put in but that's already a LOT for the MCU for Phase 4 until Avengers 5 without complicating everything even further with an explanation of mutants figuring into it all.

Also even if you're right and it takes years you think Marvel will want more Foxverse films being made to continue to muddle the continuity once they're in charge and planning to bring the X-Men and FF to the MCU?
    These Foxverse films "muddling continuity" are making 600M+ and 700M+ box office collections on their limited budgets. Disney would just like continued flow of capital.

It's a given outside of Deadpool and possibly X-Force since it will be tied to Deadpool by some reports that all of the Foxverse is dead once Marvel takes over.
    What "reports" are you talking about? The actual reports we posted a couple of pages back contradict your claims.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Sony's last Spider-Man movie made $709 million starting in May 2014, and by early 2015, a share deal was made and Spidey got recast in late June of 2015 and began filming to be inserted into the MCU for April 2016's Civil War; and had his own feature this past summer, 2017. They can move fast when they want to.
    Because Sony wanted the reboot and Spider-Man doesn’t need world building.

MCU X-Men movies will, but not by using Fox's approach.
    If Spider-Man couldn’t I don’t see why the X-Men would. As it put out much more movies and at a longer period than Spide-Man, thus causing more franchise fatigue.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-06-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Drew Goddard still directing X-Force despite Disney-FOX deal (thank God!)...

https://screenrant.com/drew-goddard-x-force-disney/

I don’t give a damn what they do with the X-men...reboot them entirely, fold them into the MCU via some House of M type scenario, etc. Just DO NOT rob me of what will no doubt be an awesome, hardcore R-rated X-Force film featuring Josh Brolin’s Cable and Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool. This is the movie I’ve been waiting for since the first X-men hit screens in 2000 and kicked off the modern Comic Book Movie era.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Drew Goddard still directing X-Force despite Disney-FOX deal (thank God!)...

https://screenrant.com/drew-goddard-x-force-disney/

I don’t give a damn what they do with the X-men...reboot them entirely, fold them into the MCU via some House of M type scenario, etc. Just DO NOT rob me of what will no doubt be an awesome, hardcore R-rated X-Force film featuring Josh Brolin’s Cable and Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool. This is the movie I’ve been waiting for since the first X-men hit screens in 2000 and kicked off the modern Comic Book Movie era.
    I agree. FOX-Xforce film has to happen. And keep Feige and the MCU people far away from it please. Same for a possible x23 and Multiple man films. Seems like the FOX-Xniverse is not quite done yet. Thank God for that.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

LSD Quotes

Lauren Shuler Donner, one of the masterminds behind Fox’s X-Men franchise that includes everything from the X-Men and Deadpool movies to TV shows like FX’s Legion and Fox’s The Gifted, was in a candid mood in an interview with box office powerhouse Rotten Tomatoes this week. Shuler Donner addressed the multiple sexual harassment and assault allegations that have affected various people involved with the X-Men films.

First up, Shuler Donner totally trashed X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Rattner, who was accused by star Ellen Page of forcibly outing her during the filming of that movie.

“I back her up 100 percent,” Shuler Donner said. “Absolutely. He’s horrible. I’m aware he’s very demeaning to women, extremely demeaning to women, myself included. Yes, I was aware. Anybody that’s female, he’s demeaning.”

Asked whether Rattner will be exiled from Hollywood for his alleged behavior, Shuler Donner responded, “I hope so.”

When it came to Deadpool star TJ Miller, however, Shuler Donner said it was too late to change his involvement in Deadpool 2 following his own set of allegations, as the movie is already in post-production, shooting down requests that he be replaced Kevin Spacey style with reshoots.

“We’re in the final editing. I don’t think so,” Shuler Donner said, adding that she didn’t know what would happen in the future, but that the studio would decide whether Miller will return for future installments.

Shuler Donner also talked Bryan Singer, who helped launch the X-Men franchise and has worked closely with Shuler Donner for years and who has recently asked to have his executive producer credit removed from the Legion TV show and may have it removed from The Gifted as well in the wake of sexual assault allegations. Singer her denied the allegations.

Shuler Donner wouldn’t go into details but did say, “Listen, I love Bryan, but Bryan has a lot of demons. Bryan has some problems, and Bryan needs to take care of his personal problems. That’s all I can say.”

Through all of that, Shuler Donner is looking toward the future, and appears to be looking forward to the upcoming Fox/Disney merger.
    The deal was only approved in December, and both Disney and Fox give a timetable of up to 18 months to complete the sale. Shuler Donner already knows Disney CEO Bob Iger, Marvel Chief Kevin Feige, and Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn. She is optimistic about the films they can produce together.

“Look, it’s 18 months [away], so who knows,” Shuler Donner said For me, I think Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country,” Shuler Donner said. “Alan Horn’s an old friend. Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first X-Men. Kevin and I started the X-Men together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-06-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Amazing Member

Bob Iger already confirmed the X-Men and FF are moving to Marvel Studios under Feige, why are so many pro-Fox posters here saying that won't be the case and that things will continue as always after the deal is done? Seeiously? Continuity, previous box office and reviews don't matter, this is about brand recognition, this stuff is going to be marketed all around the world and Disney is going to invest and market THEIR OWN version of it. We've seen this stuff before.
    And why is Shuler Donner speaking as if she is going to have any say in the MCU X-Men, Disney doesn't even take into consideration the creative ideas of frigging George Lucas in their Star Wars films, but for some reason they will listen to this woman and Kingberg, not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    These Foxverse films "muddling continuity" are making 600M+ and 700M+ box office collections on their limited budgets. Disney would just like continued flow of capital.
    You mean the grand total of three movies that have made over 600M+.

BANNED

Ugh. Catty trend-followers.
    No, you don't know what Disney is or isn't going to do.

Amazing Member

Well we have some previous examples like Lucasfilms. And some posters here speak of the future of the X-Men movies as if they have direct line with Feige. Anyways I suppose at the end of the day the pro-Fox crowd is just having a hard time dealing with the news, that's why all this nonsense about Disney keeping everything the same because Feige was once the producer in an X-Men cartoon (?)

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoletta View Post
    Bob Iger already confirmed the X-Men and FF are moving to Marvel Studios under Feige, why are so many pro-Fox posters here saying that won't be the case and that things will continue as always after the deal is done? Seeiously?
    Who said that?

Disney is going to invest and market THEIR OWN version of it. We've seen this stuff before.
    They kinda said the opposite.

And why is Shuler Donner speaking as if she is going to have any say in the MCU X-Men, Disney doesn't even take into consideration the creative ideas of frigging George Lucas in their Star Wars films, but for some reason they will listen to this woman and Kingberg, not buying it.
    Because Disney listens to Kevin Feige.

Disney keeping everything the same because Feige was once the producer in an X-Men cartoon (?)
    Nobody said that.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Bob Iger already confirmed the X-Men and FF are moving to Marvel Studios under Feige, why are so many pro-Fox posters here saying that won't be the case and that things will continue as always after the deal is done? Seeiously? Continuity, previous box office and reviews don't matter, this is about brand recognition, this stuff is going to be marketed all around the world and Disney is going to invest and market THEIR OWN version of it. We've seen this stuff before.
    They don't take George Lucas advice since George Lucas accepted a check to have his advice not be valid. Shuler and Kinberg are employees of FOX and I'm sure they mutt be under the assumption that they will continue on since they know the people over at Disney or they got an assurance from Fiege that they will be along for the ride in the MCU since they are all friends. But.. y'know, why would she be so sure?

Feige already made his plans for MCU Phase 4 without mutants. It isn't as simple as dropping Spider-Man in Civil War. People wishing for an X-reboot can keep wishing tho... all the way until 2023 or whenever.
    Plans change. At one point, there was an Inhumans movie in phase 3.

The Sony Spider-Man movies both made more than 700 million and Marvel studios threw them out. As far as Disney is concerned there is only one Marvel cinematic universe.

Amazing Member

Well fine if you want to deny reality. I'm not even bothering putting links. And yes you believe Feige has a moral debt with Fox just because he worked there for a time and that he owns them everything he did, but what he did with the MCU is his merit not theirs. And he is the one in charge, he doesn't have any obligation to follow their creative decisions not giving Donner or Kingberg any job.
    Last edited by Jirrenm; 01-06-2018 at 11:33 PM.