Page 1 of 390 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Cinematic Universe(Sort of)

This is the thread for the discussions of Fox's X-Men Cinematic Universe(not an official name). To discuss anything and everything related to their movies and TV shows. Deadpool, Logan, New Mutants, Legion TV show, etc. Fox's relationship with Marvel, do they need to reboot, what do you want from these movies. Anything related to these things, people can discuss it here.

Individual threads:

New Mutants Movie

Deadpool 2 Movie Speculation and Discussion

X-Men Gifted TV Show Discussion and Speculation

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Movie Speculation and News

Legion TV Series

Logan(formerly Wolv3rine casting begins)

X-Force Movie news and speculation

Gambit movie discussion

X-23 Movie Rumors, News and Speculation
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-24-2017 at 09:37 PM.

To start a topic. Here's something:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Hi mates, a little movement started on twitter weeks ago, but wanted to see a few contributions from you guys too.

Attachment 42467

as the pic says, post your List of 5 things next X-Men (main) movies should improve. General aspects, not about storylines or if Fox should reboot or not, just issues/departments they should do better.

Would be appreciated to post your list with the typical

And not long texts, but between 1 or 2 lines, so once the ultimate fan list will be made, it would be easier to copy and past your suggestions, without the need to change the words to make it shorter and stuff, lol.

Next week was the supposed deadline, but giving it more days wont hurt. The more suggestions the better. And once the 10 best ones are choosen, it will be sent to Fox from different mediums, even if they probably wont care, lol. But at least we can try

I'm glad someone is starting a thread like this. I've seen too many threads about certain X-men movies get derailed and I say that as someone who is occasionally guilty of that. So I thank the OP for doing something like this.

But if there's going to be a discussion at all about the XCU, as we call it, I think there's one pressing issue that's going to be more pressing in the coming years. What will Fox decide to do with the current continuity of the XCU? After the disappointing box office of X-men: Apocalypse, some rumors started circulating that Fox will just reboot the whole thing entirely come 2018. And I can see why they may want to do that. Bryan Singer left and he's not coming back, by all accounts. The last time the X-men movies tried to continue what he built, we ended up with X3 and Wolverine Origins. I doubt that's what Fox wants for this franchise moving forward.

Also, it's worth pointing out that Fox has a very small number of solid franchises. The X-men is probably the biggest. They tried expanding Independence Day. That failed. They've tried multiple times to make the Fantastic Four a viable franchise. That failed even worse. Other than X-men, they don't really have much to build on. So we can expect Fox to throw every resource into making X-men as big a franchise as the MCU and DCEU. At the moment though, I don't think they have the resources. The XCU simply does not have a vision the same way the MCU and DCEU have right now. It's basically a move-by-movie enterprise with one constantly undermining the continuity of the other. At some point, that's going to make the franchise too convoluted to follow. It's why Deadpool poking fun at it is so relevant.

Right now, I think Fox does have a foundation if they want to build on it. The success of the Deadpool movie, which basically exceeded every previous X-men movie nearly every MCU movie, created a unique world in which to build. I'm hoping Deadpool 2 and New Mutants can build on that. I think those movies could be per-cursors of sorts, if done right. Then, come 2018 or 2019, the same year as Infinity Wars and Justice Leauge, X-men can effectively reboot. So as the competition is peaking, they can start ascending. At this point, it's impossible to catch up with them. So they might as well put themselves in a position to ascend. They need to think about the long term and not just the short term. I think if Fox keeps trying to continue X-men after X-men: Apocalypse, it's going to dig itself into a deeper hole and that's not going to help the franchise.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

If we're talking improvements, I got some:

1. CONTINUITY. Calling this franchise a cinematic universe is kind of a stretch cause everything is just so far flung from each other. What are we building towards exactly? The MCU has the Infinity War and the DCEU as Darkseid. For the X-men, though, there is no connection.

2. Focus on the team. I know that all these guys won't be getting solos, but if that's the case, then they should spend some effort into developing each of them in the movies. Motives, backstory, GOALS. I'm still trying to figure out how Kurt got into that fight club.

3. While I'm on characters... I know this is an adaption, but it would be nice if they'd actually have the characters act like they should. Not whoever this Warren was among others. I also wanna see Rogue fly around and beat people up. They could have so much fun with her power set and they just don't.

4. I want some great fight scenes. Not good, but great. DCEU and MCU got that on lock. You can't pass with just "okay" fight scenes now. It makes it look worse than what is actually is. The X-men got extreme variability in powers. It'd be interesting if they did more than stand and fire.

5. It would also be cool if they would just go full sci-fi. X-men are known for some crazy adventures but they never do it. Talking Space and time.

Cool creating the topic, Spiderclops.

And great suggestions, vasir12.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    If we're talking improvements, I got some:

1. CONTINUITY. Calling this franchise a cinematic universe is kind of a stretch cause everything is just so far flung from each other. What are we building towards exactly? The MCU has the Infinity War and the DCEU as Darkseid. For the X-men, though, there is no connection.

2. Focus on the team. I know that all these guys won't be getting solos, but if that's the case, then they should spend some effort into developing each of them in the movies. Motives, backstory, GOALS. I'm still trying to figure out how Kurt got into that fight club.

3. While I'm on characters... I know this is an adaption, but it would be nice if they'd actually have the characters act like they should. Not whoever this Warren was among others. I also wanna see Rogue fly around and beat people up. They could have so much fun with her power set and they just don't.

4. I want some great fight scenes. Not good, but great. DCEU and MCU got that on lock. You can't pass with just "okay" fight scenes now. It makes it look worse than what is actually is. The X-men got extreme variability in powers. It'd be interesting if they did more than stand and fire.

5. It would also be cool if they would just go full sci-fi. X-men are known for some crazy adventures but they never do it. Talking Space and time.
    I pretty much agree with all of these. Maybe not the last part.

On continuity thing, I just want to say that having a messed up continuity is one thing. Just not caring about it is whole other. You just can't keep ignoring what happens in previous movies and say "just roll with it." And no, "because 10 years have passed" is not a valid explanation.

I know these aren't direct adaptations. I don't want them to be. I want them to tell original story. But I do want to see the characters adapted properly. Change things, sure, change personalities if needed, I encourage it. But that doesn't mean just forget what the core characters are supposed to be.

And last but not the least. Comic books are supposed to be fun.

The hashtag in that attachment is wrong. drop the "S" at the end of Franchises, it should be #WhatXmenFranchiseMustImprove

oops. didnt noticed! at first it was WhatXMenFranchiseShouldImprove, so maybe thats where the mistake comes from.

on other hand, those who want to contribute, put your suggestions in an easy read way. Straight to the point, and if it was directed as Fox. That would be perfect to just copy and paste at the end, instead of rewriting the quote, that would take time, and there are many users joining on different networks, so to rewrite most suggestions would be kind of a nightmare, lol.

A quick example, in case it helps:

1. Develop the relationships and friendship of the X-Men team members during the movie. Not just action scene after action scene
    (and here you guys can explain a bit more for us, to read it on here, for the fun and the discussion, not for the campaign per se)
    Last edited by Kurt LeBeau; 12-11-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Another thread to criticize Fox movies...

BANNED

My number one suggestion would be:

1. Pay attention to why Deadpool worked. It wasn't because of the humor, or the R rating, or even the budget. It worked because the studio hired guys who understood and were passionate about the material, and then let them work their magic with a minimum of interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My number one suggestion would be:

1. Pay attention to why Deadpool worked. It wasn't because of the humor, or the R rating, or even the budget. It worked because the studio hired guys who understood and were passionate about the material, and then let them work their magic with a minimum of interference.
    Mainly due to a competent PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Another thread to criticize Fox movies...
    really? because the point of all these latest comments is to be constructive and suggesting how to do better.

I havent seen negativity yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Mainly due to a competent PR.
    You can have the best PR, but that doesn't automatically mean the movie will be liked. And people really liked Deadpool.

On an optimistic note, I really do think New Mutants will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    On an optimistic note, I really do think New Mutants will be good.
    As will Logan and presumably Deadpool 2.