Page 390 of 390 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390
Results 5,836 to 5,845 of 5845
    Amazing Member

I think FOX fans need to face reality that most of these projects won’t happen and Yes Marvel is the reason for it. Let’s not even talk about the merger. Who ever greenlit most these projects did so in an attempt to save FOX who don’t have many tentpole franchises. Smart move but now with the merger happening announcing those films may get a few people fired.

If Kevin Feige don’t want to deal with Jeph Loeb mess at Marvel Television why would he want to deal with Fox messed up film slate??

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I thought this too but then people claim "Disney legally has no power to force any movies to be diminished/cancelled"

People are really good at avoiding blaming Disney for literally anything, it's quite a talent

I just want more X-Men content to be released asap, I feel like FOX has gotten better and was in the process of learning to take risks, branch out, allow directors more vision, etc. That was all great and a good way to compete with the more mainstream and boring Disney MCU which appeals to literally the broadest possible swath of humanity, AKA boring as hell to lots of people who want something more different or that feels real. The mistake FOX made with Apocalypse was trying to half heartedly copy the Disney MCU formula, well that plus they gave themselves too many subplots and new characters to introduce all in one film. They do way better when they don't pretend to be Disney and just do something different. People are craving it.

Seriously hope Kitty Pryde, X-Force, X-23 all manage to come out before the merger takes effect. Not to mention Legion s3 and The Gifted s3. Fox was going to "put the pedal to the metal" it sounded like earlier with all their announcements. But now I really don't know anymore. It frightens me that the trolls online are winning and are defeating any possible positive energy for upcoming FOX projects. It's literally impossible to talk about anywhere on social media, even among supposed X-fans, without getting deluged with absurd shitposts and insults. Disgusting situation and if I wasn't so emotionally invested (probably too much...) I would give up, it's not worth taking this abuse. But I sincerely like the content and hope for more and I want to at least be one voice advocating for it, in a sea of nay sayers
    First someone not liking the XCU or wanting the X-MEN in the MCU doesn't mean they're not a X-Fan there are many X-Fans who never liked the XCU films and many who want to see the X-MEN take their proper place in the MCU with the rest of Marvel's Heroes.

Ok what I really want to mention there is the idea that there is a quasi civil war at Fox basically the head of the studio namely the Murdochs benefit by making Disney happy and will do whatever facilitates which could include downsizing the XCU so it the X-MEN can be rebooted in the MCU. While the people who actually make the XCU movies benefit in trying to creates a strong XCU that maybe Disney will recognize and keep as its own entity free of the MCU because if the X-MEN join the MCU and their films get made by Marvel Studios those people currently making the films become redundant and a lot will lose their jobs.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Russo Brothers quote

"If Disney's takeover of Fox goes through, there are a lot more characters to work with all of a sudden, it might be interesting to do something like Secret Wars,"
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Could explain why Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan asked Hugh Jackman comeback as Wolverine.

Just when I was warming up to the idea of a total mutant reboot for the MCU, Russos now start talking about Secret Wars and merging universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Just when I was warming up to the idea of a total mutant reboot for the MCU, Russos now start talking about Secret Wars and merging universes.
    Who said it still can't be a total reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Who said it still can't be a total reboot?
    That would be a really weird way to reboot the X-men. I mean who would care about a bunch of unestablished actors interacting with all the established Avengers actors. It’d be like if Infinity was the first appearance of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    That would be a really weird way to reboot the X-men. I mean who would care about a bunch of unestablished actors interacting with all the established Avengers actors. It’d be like if Infinity was the first appearance of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

None of the X-MEN are established anyways except Wolverine. Hell people think his name is X-MAN.... I'll never forget that when I took someone to see DoFP. They'll probably do MCU X-MEN then Secret Wars... Similar to BP then IW
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 04-11-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    None of the X-MEN are established anyways except Wolverine. Hell people think his name is X-MAN.... I'll never forget that when I took someone to see DoFP. They'll probably do MCU X-MEN then Secret Wars... Similar to BP then IW
    My cousin used to think this when he was younger. :P sad how people can't really name other X-men characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Russo’s weren’t really alluding to Secret Wars - just musing about the possibilities of doing a big crossover event like Secret Wars(what they actually will do is yet to be determined)They don’t literally mean they’ll do something like that with those characters but they do it’d cool to do an epic crossover type event in that vein of that story.

It’s not up to them anyway. It’s up to Kevin Fiege and co.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.