Page 2 of 390 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    On an optimistic note, I really do think New Mutants will be good.
    I agree. I trust this Josh Boone guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Another thread to criticize Fox movies...
    There's nothing wrong with valid criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I agree. I trust this Josh Boone guy.
    Don't be too hasty. Nat Wolff doesn't exactly scream Appalachian coal miner to me...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00103064.html
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

there shouldnt be an X-men cinematic universe with the current mess that is the franchise. They should reboot and create new material with a clear plan in place

I've enjoyed the movies but I wouldn't be totally opposed to a reboot. If it cleans up the timeline, which is admittedly not great, go ahead and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    there shouldnt be an X-men cinematic universe with the current mess that is the franchise. They should reboot and create new material with a clear plan in place
    Amen!

I say start over fresh. Follow what worked in the comics: when the original X-Men run didn't find its footing in the market, it was Giant Sized X-Men that reshuffled the deck and laid the path for the greatest run in mainstream superhero comics(the Claremont run).

Have the original team get an into scene(title sequence showing their origins, fighting Mags/the Brotherhood, etc), and go on a mission to a tropical island, only to be completely overwhelmed. Only Cyke escapes and returns to the mansion. Charles rounds up the new team. Cue vignettes highlighting the mutant phenomenon all over the world, giving origins to our new members. Then train them in the Danger Room/clash their personalities, then go save the old team. End the movie with a secret White House/Pentagon meeting showing satellite imagery of an island being shot off into space, everyone looking concerned, and Lang stepping up to the table with his Project Wide-awake program.

Second movie is vs. Sentinels and ends with Jean's shuttle sacrifice to save the team.

Third movie is Shi'ar, save the universe.

Fourth is Dark Phoenix Saga.

So on and so forth. Just follow Claremont's run in respectful adaptation, and you can pump out at least a dozen(or two) movies before even having to tap into the latter runs.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    As will Logan and presumably Deadpool 2.
    Those two really have a good niche with the R rating. I'm just worried what Logan mean for the continuity of the universe. The mutants are all gone? So everything that happens before then will be all for naught? No point?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Amen!

I say start over fresh. Follow what worked in the comics: when the original X-Men run didn't find its footing in the market, it was Giant Sized X-Men that reshuffled the deck and laid the path for the greatest run in mainstream superhero comics(the Claremont run).

Have the original team get an into scene(title sequence showing their origins, fighting Mags/the Brotherhood, etc), and go on a mission to a tropical island, only to be completely overwhelmed. Only Cyke escapes and returns to the mansion. Charles rounds up the new team. Cue vignettes highlighting the mutant phenomenon all over the world, giving origins to our new members. Then train them in the Danger Room/clash their personalities, then go save the old team. End the movie with a secret White House/Pentagon meeting showing satellite imagery of an island being shot off into space, everyone looking concerned, and Lang stepping up to the table with his Project Wide-awake program.

Second movie is vs. Sentinels and ends with Jean's shuttle sacrifice to save the team.

Third movie is Shi'ar, save the universe.

Fourth is Dark Phoenix Saga.

So on and so forth. Just follow Claremont's run in respectful adaptation, and you can pump out at least a dozen(or two) movies before even having to tap into the latter runs.
    I think an original story is better but continuity wouldn't hurt. I even if some of the movies are good like Deadpool or possibly New Mutants, I have no idea where this world is heading. All we know is, in the future, they all die anyway.

Those two really have a good niche with the R rating. I'm just worried what Logan mean for the continuity of the universe. The mutants are all gone? So everything that happens before then will be all for naught? No point?
    It's a valid worry.. like Look! Everything you're watching leads to this death and demise anyway! We'll see how it all plays out.

I think a reboot is a good thing as well. While I enjoyed the films overall. Rebooting is a chance to go in another direction.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I think an original story is better but continuity wouldn't hurt. I even if some of the movies are good like Deadpool or possibly New Mutants, I have no idea where this world is heading. All we know is, in the future, they all die anyway.
    When you make Harry Potter or Lord of the Ring movies, you don't just toss the books in the trash and make up your own thing. I'm not asking for page for page, caption by caption, but at least read the run first and and then make your respectful adaptation from there. Return of the Kings won freaking Oscars, for goddess's sake, and it wasn't because Peter Jackson reinvented the wheel. Of course there will be(and should be) minor changes made in the transition from page to screen, but the core essence/fundamental aspects should remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I think a reboot is a good thing as well. While I enjoyed the films overall. Rebooting is a chance to go in another direction.
    A new direction and one that has the intention of being a cinematic universe. You can't tell me in 2000, Fox imagined the original trilogy being a part of a huge universe. They've been trying to make it one, but it wasn't the initial plan like the MCU was. So if they want to reboot with that plan, go for it. I've still enjoyed the movies overall as well and I'll probably continue to enjoy them either way.

When you make Harry Potter or Lord of the Ring movies, you don't just toss the books in the trash and make up your own thing. I'm not asking for page for page, caption by caption, but at least read the run first and and then make your respectful adaptation from there. Return of the Kings won freaking Oscars, for goddess's sake, and it wasn't because Peter Jackson reinvented the wheel. Of course there will be(and should be) minor changes made in the transition from page to screen, but the core essence/fundamental aspects should remain the same.
    Fair point. Too bad I just don't see them rebooting. They could but they seem pretty intent on continuing. I just wonder what the plan is.

Don't be too hasty. Nat Wolff doesn't exactly scream Appalachian coal miner to me...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00103064.html
    I've never heard of him so I'm not going to judge.

BANNED

There's a BIG difference between adapting a single self-contained story, and adapting a 50 year-old franchise containing hundreds of stories across dozens of volumes and spinoffs.