Page 13 of 390 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Those involved with Apocalypse cared about closure to story arcs that many people have forgotten about.
    I got horrible feelings from Apocalypse because...

1) Singer chose to make it a "the whole world is in peril" at a time where superhero movies where the "whole world is at peril" where being heavily critiqued.
    2) Singer chose to make a movie where the heroes destroyed a large part of earth with zero consequences at a time where superhero movies where being critiqued for mass destruction wo any consequences aka Man of Steel.
    3) Apocalypse was rushed wo Mr Sinister. Thanos is working for Marvel because he wasn't rushed.
    4) In an interview, Munn who played Pyslocke revealed that the powers to be didn't even know purple was Psylocke's color UNTIL she told them so.
    5) The origins of most of these kids was changed dramatically aka Cyclops, Angel and Storms.
    6) JLaw kept pushing for Mystique the "proud in your face" mutant to be ashamed of her true form.

BANNED

I also get a horrible feeling when I hear the next movie is gonna be the Dark Phoenix Saga. I will be horrified if they go through with that. DPS needs buildup!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    I also get a horrible feeling when I hear the next movie is gonna be the Dark Phoenix Saga. I will be horrified if they go through with that. DPS needs buildup!
    Apparently, the film is called "Phoenix Saga Part 1".

I got horrible feelings from Apocalypse because...

1) Singer chose to make it a "the whole world is in peril" at a time where superhero movies where the "whole world is at peril" where being heavily critiqued.
    2) Singer chose to make a movie where the heroes destroyed a large part of earth with zero consequences at a time where superhero movies where being critiqued for mass destruction wo any consequences aka Man of Steel.
    3) Apocalypse was rushed wo Mr Sinister. Thanos is working for Marvel because he wasn't rushed.
    4) In an interview, Munn who played Pyslocke revealed that the powers to be didn't even know purple was Psylocke's color UNTIL she told them so.
    5) The origins of most of these kids was changed dramatically aka Cyclops, Angel and Storms.
    6) JLaw kept pushing for Mystique the "proud in your face" mutant to be ashamed of her true form.
    2) The heroes didn't cause any destruction. Unless you count Xavier blowing up two submarines. The end of the movie did imply there will be consequences.
    3) Apocalypse has only been a baddie for the X-Men two times. He hasn't been much of a threat since his X-Factor days and below Magneto in power as shown by House of M. He never was on par with Thanos as a villian. The two animated series just made bigger deal out of him.
    4) She didn't say that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

With the news of New Mutants being the next X-film, no word on doing a sequel with the Apocalypse cast and talk of Fox wanting to reboot the X franchise after Apocalypse under performed. I think we may be safe from another Kinberg scripted Phoenix story. Kinberg he wrote X3, FF (2015), DOFP and Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    With the news of New Mutants being the next X-film, no word on doing a sequel with the Apocalypse cast and talk of Fox wanting to reboot the X franchise after Apocalypse under performed. I think we may be safe from another Kinberg scripted Phoenix story. Kinberg he wrote X3, FF (2015), DOFP and Apocalypse.
    They didn't mention anything about a reboot. They did mention bringing the cast back...
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-16-2016 at 02:36 PM.

BANNED

Apocalypse has only been a baddie for the X-Men two times. He hasn't been much of a threat since his X-Factor days and below Magneto in power as shown by House of M. He never was on par with Thanos as a villian. The two animated series just made bigger deal out of him.
    A) Apocalypse has been a baddie for the X-Men a LOT more than twice, LOL.
    B) House of M doesn't really prove anything, when every other source shows that Apocalypse is incredibly powerful. He fought the High Evolutionary to a standstill. Which means he could easily stand up to Thanos if it came down to it.

BANNED

2) The heroes didn't cause any destruction. Unless you count Xavier blowing up two submarines. The end of the movie did imply there will be consequences.
    3) Apocalypse has only been a baddie for the X-Men two times. He hasn't been much of a threat since his X-Factor days and below Magneto in power as shown by House of M. He never was on par with Thanos as a villian. The two animated series just made bigger deal out of him.
    4) She didn't say that.
    2. I meant Magneto. He was shown causing mass destruction yet at the end Xavier welcomes him back with open arms and never brings up how much damage Magneto caused.
    3. I think during his Xfactor days he was the equivalent of Thanos. Plus how can you do a proper Apocalypse wo Mr Sinister, Cable and Angel?
    4. She said: “I think my first thought [when I saw the costume] was it has to be purple, because we were going up against time and making it. It was black at first because that’s the way to—the latex is in black and all the armor is in black and it’s just easier, but I was like, ‘You’ve got to make it purple.’ That was kind of my first thought when I saw myself in the costume, which was in Photoshop.”

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

They didn't mention anything about a reboot. They did mention bringing the cast back...
    They mention a lot of things though. Reboot, recast, new directions, etc. I know Kinberg is penning the next X-Men movie with McAvoy, Lawrence and Fassbender in mind, but all their contracts are expired. They'd have to work something out, if the actors are even interested.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 12-16-2016 at 02:59 PM.

BANNED

They mention a lot of things though. Reboot, recast, new directions, etc. I know Kinberg is pinning the next X-Men movie with McAvoy, Lawrence and Fassbender in mind, but all their contracts are expired. They'd have to work something out, if the actors are even interested.
    I hate kinberg so much. One of the biggest complaints about Apocalypse was that for the millionth time it was all about Magneto, Xavier and Mystique, so naturally Kinberg still wants the next movie focused on them.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    A) Apocalypse has been a baddie for the X-Men a LOT more than twice, LOL.
    B) House of M doesn't really prove anything, when every other source shows that Apocalypse is incredibly powerful. He fought the High Evolutionary to a standstill. Which means he could easily stand up to Thanos if it came down to it.
    A) 616 Apocalypse was mainly a villian for the original X-Factor team and Cable/X-Force. If you count those then sure. But as far as the main X-team goes, it's only happened twice with The Twelve and Blood of Apocalypse.
    B). I'm pretty sure High Evolutionary isn't on Thanos level. Let's not forget the time he got pwned by Cyclops.

BANNED

A) 616 Apocalypse was mainly a villian for the original X-Factor team and Cable/X-Force. If you count those then sure. But as far as the main X-team goes, it's only happened twice with The Twelve and Blood of Apocalypse.
    The original X-Factor absolutely should and do count. And that leaves the Age of Apocalypse out of the equation entirely, which I also don't agree with.

B). I'm pretty sure High Evolutionary isn't on Thanos level. Let's not forget the time he got pwned by Cyclops.
    And let's not forget the time that HE rebuilt himself from being beaten into a pile of goo by the Hulk, or the time he created Counter-Earth, or any of his other feats. HE goes up and down the power scale, depending on how evolved he is at the time, but he's hardly a chump. I'm not saying he'd own Thanos, but he wouldn't GET owned, either.

2. I meant Magneto. He was shown causing mass destruction yet at the end Xavier welcomes him back with open arms and never brings up how much damage Magneto caused.
    3. I think during his Xfactor days he was the equivalent of Thanos. Plus how can you do a proper Apocalypse wo Mr Sinister, Cable and Angel?
    4. She said: “I think my first thought [when I saw the costume] was it has to be purple, because we were going up against time and making it. It was black at first because that’s the way to—the latex is in black and all the armor is in black and it’s just easier, but I was like, ‘You’ve got to make it purple.’ That was kind of my first thought when I saw myself in the costume, which was in Photoshop.”
    2. Probably because he is in no position to judge him after blowing up those submarines(which have over a hundred people on them).
    3. Oh no he wasn't. Scott managed to take him down with his blast.
    4. That doesn't mean they didn't she wears purple. Psylocke was rocking black in the comics during the production.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-16-2016 at 02:59 PM.

BANNED

2. Probably because he is in no position to judge him after blowing up those submarines(which have over a hundred people on them).
    3. Oh no he wasn't. Scott managed to take him down with his blast.
    4. That doesn't mean they didn't she wears purple. Psylocke was rocking black in the comics during the production.
    2. Wait what? When did he blow up submarines? All I remember is Magneto trying to stop a submarine in First Class...
    3. Take down who with a blast? Apocalypse was the Thanos of the XMEN world. After the whole movie rights thing happened, Apocalypse became a joke in the comics.
    4. True. Considering the only thing praised about Psylocke was her look, just imagine how much more hate she would've gotten. Plus, many actors have said Kinberg/Singer ignore source material because it was too childish. Hell, actors weren't even allowed to read the comics until they got trashed by fans for that.

2. Wait what? When did he blow up submarines? All I remember is Magneto trying to stop a submarine in First Class...
    3. Take down who with a blast? Apocalypse was the Thanos of the XMEN world. After the whole movie rights thing happened, Apocalypse became a joke in the comics.
    4. True. Considering the only thing praised about Psylocke was her look, just imagine how much more hate she would've gotten. Plus, many actors have said Kinberg/Singer ignore source material because it was too childish. Hell, actors weren't even allowed to read the comics until they got trashed by fans for that.
    2. When Apocalypse empowered Xavier with the corrupted Cerebro, Chuck was persuaded into blowing up two submarines.
    3. It was after he infected Cable with the techo virus. Scott got pissed and finished Apocalypse off by himself. Hardly someone comparable to Thanos.
    4. Teen Storm's actress was riding up on comics as homework.

4. Teen Storm's actress was riding up on comics as homework.
    Which was completely irrelevant because of the bs material Singer and Kinberg made her use on film. They wouldn't have even known of Magneto's Anya story if Fassbender hadn't brought the story to them himself(and yet they still managed to butcher the scene).

They haven't done their homework, and it shows.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!