Page 239 of 390 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5845
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A lot of these ideas are just flat out terrible. So, the X-Men, who are sworn to protect a world that hates and fears them, are instead hiding and not interested in actually protecting. Forget about the Chitauri, or Ultron, or the fact that Thanos has come to kill everyone. They're just hanging out somewhere not doing anything. It makes no sense, and makes the X-Men look extremely shitty.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    A lot of these ideas are just flat out terrible. So, the X-Men, who are sworn to protect a world that hates and fears them, are instead hiding and not interested in actually protecting. Forget about the Chitauri, or Ultron, or the fact that Thanos has come to kill everyone. They're just hanging out somewhere not doing anything. It makes no sense, and makes the X-Men look extremely shitty.
    I agree. I also really don't like the idea of mutants being created by the Infinity Gems: mutants are a natural advancement of the human species.

I honestly don't think there is a good way to integrate them into the MCU: the universe is simply too established at this point, which is why I think that, even if Disney gets the rights, the X-Men movies should be separate from the MCU. They'll still be made by Disney, but their stories/continuity will be their own.

If they were integrated, however, I wouldn't worry about mutants conflicting with Marvel's TV shows (AoS and Inhumans, mainly), as they might as well not be in continuity, as far as the movies are concerned. So I wouldn't put too much value in them in that regard.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Mighty Member

Really? So if they were the original five that have just been discovered and don't know how to use their powers they should just rush off? Depends on when and where in the MCU timeline you place them. Xavier may not want to rush 15-16 yr olds into a world ending battle with no experience. There's so many ways to incorporate them into the MCU and you guys shit on every way. Like there is seriously no way to please everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    They didn't know about Inhumans until they were introduced in AOS. And we don't know what Fury has kept secret. He and Xavier could have come to an agreement to play it as tabloid stories and debunk it. It doesn't go against anything that's come before. I'm talking about everyday people finding out now.
    SHIELD knew about some Inhumans, they had that big Inhuman teleport obelisk in storage.
    Hydra most definitely knew a lot about Inhumans.

Everyday people would have found out ages ago about Mutants. SHIELD may be able to keep a bunch of aliens and science experiments gone wrong under wraps, but not an entire species that gets some serious powers when they hit puberty.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Really? So if they were the original five that have just been discovered and don't know how to use their powers they should just rush off? Depends on when and where in the MCU timeline you place them. Xavier may not want to rush 15-16 yr olds into a world ending battle with no experience. There's so many ways to incorporate them into the MCU and you guys shit on every way. Like there is seriously no way to please everyone.
    ...opposed to all the other times he did? He sent Jean Grey, on her first day of joining the team, to fight against Magneto. That reasoning really doesn't align with how things have gone down in the comics.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It just doesn't add up, man. Hiding at such a high level contradicts the X-men's dream. It'd also be a VERY big undertaking to hide an entire race.

I'm still for them having their own universe. Rebooted or not. Disney COULD just ignore all the messy stuff about the continuity and just go from there with the X-men Fox already got. Or they could completely redo it, like they did for Spider-man. I kinda want them to keep it cause I like where Deadpool/ X-force is going.... All they really need to do for the main X movies is to give the others some actual story and depth . Make the team movies feel like so.

But, I wouldn't really care for a reboot either way. Or integrate; it's all in the execution.

Just start from the beginning. There's only a handful of mutants in the world, mostly the stuff of legend. SHIELD and Stark don't have the tech to scan for what they don't know exists. Professor designs his own Cerebro tech and slowly starts cataloging mutants around the world(a list of dozens, not millions yet) and realizing with the Sokovia Accords and all, they have reason to hide from the governments. You can even use that old trick from the Claremont era where he designed a virus and got it into the Pentagon database to actively delete government files on the X-Men(or mutants in general in this case) as they arise. First MCU movie can be assembling the first X-Men(no, not Darwin, Banshee, Havok and Mystique, but not necessarily the bOre5 either) team and fighting the first public mutant attack(Brotherhood or Magneto or someone else) which gives rise to true AI Sentinels (and offshoot of military drone technology), which threaten both humans and mutants, giving rise to the heroic X-Men.

That's not even accounting for the exotic ways you can alter the MCU with the Infinity Gauntlet(if they go by the comics, the whole universe could be destroyed and recreated in a new image).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

If they nuke everything that already exists and is in the works Ill be very upset that would be tragic

Fitting XMen/mutants into a Disneyfied MCU is not ideal for me for a number of reasons, many of which Jaddor has eloquently stated previously

But there is also the meta-reason about not wanting too much control and power in one mega corporation
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Just start from the beginning. There's only a handful of mutants in the world, mostly the stuff of legend. SHIELD and Stark don't have the tech to scan for what they don't know exists. Professor designs his own Cerebro tech and slowly starts cataloging mutants around the world(a list of dozens, not millions yet) and realizing with the Sokovia Accords and all, they have reason to hide from the governments. You can even use that old trick from the Claremont era where he designed a virus and got it into the Pentagon database to actively delete government files on the X-Men(or mutants in general in this case) as they arise. First MCU movie can be assembling the first X-Men(no, not Darwin, Banshee, Havok and Mystique, but not necessarily the bOre5 either) team and fighting the first public mutant attack(Brotherhood or Magneto or someone else) which gives rise to true AI Sentinels (and offshoot of military drone technology), which threaten both humans and mutants, giving rise to the heroic X-Men.

That's not even accounting for the exotic ways you can alter the MCU with the Infinity Gauntlet(if they go by the comics, the whole universe could be destroyed and recreated in a new image).
    Uh, isn’t Xavier about co-existence with humanity and all that Martin Luther King Jr. stuff? That sounds more like something Magneto would do.

It's fascinating how some people are completely fine with changing the whole of the X-Men and mutant mythos just so they can fit into the MCU but when Fox do something different it's like the end of the world is happening.

Keep the X-Men as far away from the MCU as you possibly can I say. The X-Men work better on their own anyway.
    Last edited by HaydnC95; 12-04-2017 at 10:27 AM.

I would just go down the House of M/Heroes Reborn route and say Wanda altered reality. Putting mutants in another universe(XCU), made one where they never existed(MCU), and she and her brother weren’t mutants. Wiping out any memory of the previous what the original universe was like, including mind wiping herself. Then have a Secret Wars movie where the universes merged back to what they originally were.

I think that’s better than having a rehash of the First Class films that offers nothing new to the audience and/or ruining what the X-Men stand for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It just doesn't add up, man. Hiding at such a high level contradicts the X-men's dream. It'd also be a VERY big undertaking to hide an entire race.

I'm still for them having their own universe. Rebooted or not. Disney COULD just ignore all the messy stuff about the continuity and just go from there with the X-men Fox already got. Or they could completely redo it, like they did for Spider-man. I kinda want them to keep it cause I like where Deadpool/ X-force is going.... All they really need to do for the main X movies is to give the others some actual story and depth . Make the team movies feel like so.

But, I wouldn't really care for a reboot either way. Or integrate; it's all in the execution.
    but x-men were hiding for long time. Xavier believed that humans are not ready to accept mutants.

That's essentially plot of early comics. They were hiding. First issue estabilished that this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Uh, isn’t Xavier about co-existence with humanity and all that Martin Luther King Jr. stuff? That sounds more like something Magneto would do.
    Charles has always been duplicitous(and the comparisons to MLKJr are sophomoric), and the use of mindwiping whole towns of people or erasing files or stealing from the government are well within his characterization from the comics. That is the major flaw in Fox's presentation of Charles, they don't really explore his dark side(other than some nonsensical heroin addiction). Even when they tried to go dark with him in Logan, they couldn't bear to actually spell it out. As a result, he's very monotone. They relish going back and forth with Erik, but Charles remains the same frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    but x-men were hiding for long time. Xavier believed that humans are not ready to accept mutants.

That's essentially plot of early comics. They were hiding. First issue estabilished that this is true.
    Actually, mutants were known to the public before Xavier even formed the X-Men and met Scott, according to UX#38.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-04-2017 at 10:52 AM.