Page 264 of 390 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 5845

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Jaddor wrote that x-men movies are great because they are grounded and mcu are terrible because they have jokes.

I don't agree with this. Grouned movies can be good or bad. Movies with jokes can be good or bad.

I would skip Rogue and add Marvel Girl. I would also kick Jubes. 7 characters = enough.

Rogue could be villain in first movie.
    I think for the first hypothetical rebooted movie, five team members are enough. Emphasis on bolded. Not the number of X-characters. The number of team members. Define and establish that team, whatever the characters it consists of. Develop relationships between them. This was done very poorly in the first trilogy. From the first movie, the only actual team members of X-Men were Cyclops, Storm and Jean. They were supposed to be Xavier's first students. Supposedly, they must be all close friends. Now, give me a good scene with Cyclops and Storm from the first trilogy. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Why? These two are supposed to know each other for years, and the movies don't show a single meaningful exchange between them. Forget meaningful, I can't remember a single proper exchange between them period. There aren't many good scenes with Scott/Jean and Storm/Jean either. THESE THREE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CLOSE FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES, AND THEY BARELY INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER?!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think for the first hypothetical rebooted movie, five team members are enough. Emphasis on bolded. Not the number of X-characters. The number of team members. Define and establish that team, whatever the characters it consists of. Develop relationships between them. This was done very poorly in the first trilogy. From the first movie, the only actual team members of X-Men were Cyclops, Storm and Jean. They were supposed to be Xavier's first students. Supposedly, they must be all close friends. Now, give me a good scene with Cyclops and Storm from the first trilogy. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Why? These two are supposed to know each other for years, and the movies don't show a single meaningful exchange between them. Forget meaningful, I can't remember a single proper exchange between them period. There aren't many good scenes with Scott/Jean and Storm/Jean either. THESE THREE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE CLOSE FRIENDS AND COLLEAGUES, AND THEY BARELY INTERACT WITH EACH OTHER?!
    Apparently, the problem was that Singer filmed scenes like those but cuts the, due to pacing. He puts pacing above everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I agree with Your post.
    There are some small details where we have different opinions like:
    I think that this is possible with 6 or 7 people.
    but x-men didn't had this and this is bad.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Real talk. The Murdochs are done making movies. They want to clear house and concentrate on their true passion: Fox News!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, that is what they did with Lucasfilm. And with the Muppets. And with Marvel Studios...
    Apparently, James Murdoch could join Disney.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 12-05-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Apparently, the problem was that Singer filmed scenes like those but cuts the, due to pacing. He puts pacing above everything.
    There are way too many scenes in all four of his X-Men movies that add nothing to the plot, barely to the characters and are repetitive. But some interaction between three closest friends and supposedly Xavier's first students have pacing problems?

I think it's impossible for anyone to guess how Disney would move forward with the X-Men. They wouldn't be creating these movies in a vacuum, they know that the R rated X-films are popular and that the tone of the films are different from most MCU films. They are first and foremost a business and a business' main goal is maklimng money. No way would they scrap the entire R rated films that are proven to be money-maker with not only Deadpool, but with the recent IT film too.

Also, another positive for me is that this might mean less superhero films. It's starting to be become ridiculous with the amount of superhero films being release just next year. With the sheer amount being made, it would likely lead to fatigue from the public and lessening the amount will offset this. I'm only seeing positives for the Marvel properties with this deal, the negatives are mostly speculation that we have no clue whether it would come true or not. But that doesn't mean that the fears here are baseless or completely unlikely.

One fact that we maybe can all agree on is that there would be re-invigoration into the X-Men and FF properties outside of films. No more complex, and no more ostracizing from other media. The X-Men would be back in full force and that is much more important to me than the films.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-05-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think it's impossible for anyone to guess how Disney would move forward with the X-Men. They wouldn't be creating these movies in a vacuum, they know that the R rated X-films are popular and that the tone of the films are different from most MCU films. They are first and foremost a business and a business' main goal is maklimng money. No way would they scrap the entire R rated films that are proven to be money-maker with not only Deadpool, but with the recent IT film too.

Also, another positive for me is that this might mean less superhero films. It's starting to be become ridiculous with the amount of superhero films being release just next year. With the sheer amount being made, it would likely lead to fatigue from the public and lessening the amount will offset this. I'm only seeing positives for the Marvel properties with this deal, the negatives are mostly speculation that we have no clue whether it would come true or not. But that doesn't mean that the fears here are baseless or completely unlikely.

One fact that we maybe can all agree on is that there would be re-invigoration into the X-Men and FF properties outside of films. No more complex, and no more ostracizing from other media. The X-Men would be back in full force and that is much more important to me than the films.
    Well said! While I would be insanely happy if I saw Feige do an X-flick it's not something that needs to happen anytime soon. If they do a Jackman/Wolverine cameo brought in by Dr Strange or Wanda as part of the Infinity War audiences would go wild in the theater and that wouldn't be too much and would be ok with just about everyone I think. A full-blown X-Men movie needs time and love and I can wait a decade or so for that.

Like you, what I'm most excited about is the CompleX going away. How nice will it be to finally see our mutants on posters, hats, in games and maybe even a new cartoon deal? Realistically Disney probably won't immediately barrage us with X-Men if the deal goes through because business is business and they still need to promote their current movies or have their current movies promote merchandise sales but they won't have a vendetta against the X-Men any longer and we can all sigh a HUGE sigh of relief.

Couple things I want to talk about..

- If this goes through, how awesome would that be for Stan Lee? A man that helped create and grow Marvel his whole life, seeing his baby split up in the late 90's and then reunite again stronger than ever? I think the man would probably live out the rest of his days in bliss and I would be so happy for him!

- With regard to realistic expectations, if Disney got the mutants back and a movie wasn't (shouldn't?) be immediately worked on, what could Disney do to re-invigorate the X-Men with today's youth who haven't grown up with them? A cartoon on par with the 90's TAS? I just don't know if the X-Men would sell to kids these days without hype.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

"Disney and Fox are closing in on deal, could be announced next week" - Sources

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Dark Phoenix is really about to be the end of an era. Woo... 17 years. They are coming home though.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Next week suddenly feels so far...

Why can't they just announce it now!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, that is what they did with Lucasfilm. And with the Muppets. And with Marvel Studios...
    Plus Simon Kinberg is already heavily involved with Disney through Star Wars. And Schuler-Donner is good friends and former colleagues with Feige. X-Force director worked for Marvel. X-23 writer workS for Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    X-23 writer workS for Marvel.
    And has already been involved with the MCU itself through all three Thor films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Dark Phoenix is really about to be the end of an era. Woo... 17 years. They are coming home though.

Yeah don't be surprised if they scrap it all

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah don't be surprised if they scrap it all
    It is has been filmed already. I would imagine that when they go back for reshoots that they might change the ending to bookend the FOX-Men franchise.