Page 287 of 390 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 5845
    BANNED

this needs to be put here as well, one more logic.

https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-x-...james-mangold/
    Logan Director Concerned About Future of X-Men Movies Under Disney

“If they’re actually changing their mandate, if what they’re supposed to do alters, that would be sad to me because it just means less movies. … The real thing that happens when you make a movie rated R, behind the scenes, is that the studio has to adjust to the reality that there will be no Happy Meals. There will be no action figures. The entire merchandising, cross-pollinating side of selling the movie to children is dead before you even start. And when that’s dead, it means you’re making a grown-up movie.”

makse sense for some to try and rewrite the xmen lore to try and make any sense of this, kind of reminds me of what nolan said of the earlier xmen movies that made it tick for him. mangold shares the same views about what type of comics film should be made. disney already has all the money in the world from their happy meals. they do not this from xmen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    and somwhow, they made Logan and DOFP. 2 movies superior to anything disney has. disney out of 17 movies and only 1 can try to get close. that is sad, simple question. why cant disney make movies like LOGAN and DOFP. what is stopping them, going after logan now is indeed a poor reflection of disney since this year they somehow made gotg 2, thor 3 and homecoming. 3 movies we cant tell apart. three movies that even xmen tas will find way too simple and generic to adapt. ha, kind of reminds me of when some went after iron man went after TDK in 2008. that did not turn out well.

sad but true , not when it comes to the xmen lore.

I really do think logan is overrated to those that enjoy only disney movies.

logan = character study, story telling, depth, seriousness.

disney = cgi, poor stroy telling, everything is a jokem fun.
    I think you miss hte point of the Disney filsm Which i enjoy VASTLY more than the FOX films outside of Deadpool, Logan, and DoFP. Also Disney has Touchstone which makes R-Rated movies.

Also if you actually live in the real world. You know that laughter, drama and seriousness can all occur at the same time. I've been in fights where I was angry as hell and laughed at the same time.
    As a Vet, I know many of my fellows who cracked jokes while on Patrols and in the skies.
    I was ATC and made jokes about planes circuling the tower until they crashed. Life isn't serious even when it's deadly serious. Why do movies have to be this way?

FOX isn't superior, just boring now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I think you miss hte point of the Disney filsm Which i enjoy VASTLY more than the FOX films outside of Deadpool, Logan, and DoFP. Also Disney has Touchstone which makes R-Rated movies.

Also if you actually live in the real world. You know that laughter, drama and seriousness can all occur at the same time. I've been in fights where I was angry as hell and laughed at the same time.
    As a Vet, I know many of my fellows who cracked jokes while on Patrols and in the skies.
    I was ATC and made jokes about planes circuling the tower until they crashed. Life isn't serious even when it's deadly serious. Why do movies have to be this way?

FOX isn't superior, just boring now.

They have touch stone but Disney will never see it that way with xmen. All Disney will see is xmen is a marvel property and that means it belong in the mcu and the ones hat cannot be contained goes on netflix, when the truth is xmen characters are way too good to be on netflix. xforce needs a movie. not netflix.
    laughter, drama and seriousness are also in xmen movies, Nolan movies even to poad to perdition that is not the same as movies 100% driven by jokey watered down movies like all mcu movies are. For example their is still a touch of humor in DOFP but did you see any mutants or xman jokeing around as they were getting killed by sentinels and matched to concentration camps? Or when Xavier went on genocide on them in X2? The climax of the xmen movies and mcu movies is what made the xmen movies far better. The climax of mcu movies are ruined by jokes, lack of forcus and seriousness, ooc vfx, too much fun factor that has no stakes.

Is fox truly borring now? The reality does not match, not after Logan,. Deadpool or new mutants. It is Disney that has gotten borring just for the fact that all the 3 movies they released this year (gotg , homecoming, thor 3) were one and the same. new mutants alone has already started a nee conversation of the genre. questioning how far the genre than go and be redefined than just the basic stuff. some of the feedback we are getting is that it is so different from what we have seen before. what has infinity war and black panther done for the comic genre thanks to what we have seen so far? once again, all hype. zero subtance.your reply to me is just one more reason xmen needs to stay away from the MCU as this is now a reflex projection of what disney actually is.

this needs to be put here as well, one more logic.

https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-x-...james-mangold/
    Logan Director Concerned About Future of X-Men Movies Under Disney

“If they’re actually changing their mandate, if what they’re supposed to do alters, that would be sad to me because it just means less movies. … The real thing that happens when you make a movie rated R, behind the scenes, is that the studio has to adjust to the reality that there will be no Happy Meals. There will be no action figures. The entire merchandising, cross-pollinating side of selling the movie to children is dead before you even start. And when that’s dead, it means you’re making a grown-up movie.”

makse sense for some to try and rewrite the xmen lore to try and make any sense of this, kind of reminds me of what nolan said of the earlier xmen movies that made it tick for him. mangold shares the same views about what type of comics film should be made. disney already has all the money in the world from their happy meals. they do not this from xmen
    That would be more meaningful if Ryan Reynolds didn't have to release test footage for Deadpool to get it made and also take a budget cut to get the R rating same for Logan having to take a budget cut for it's R rating.

BANNED

logan = character study, story telling, depth, seriousness.

disney = cgi, poor stroy telling, everything is a jokem fun.
    You really think Logan doesn't have a ton of CGI? All that blood flying around, Logan and X-23's claws? Most of the time entirely made out of pure pixels.

As for Disney, let's take your favourite example: Guardians Of The Galaxy.
    People who were playing attention would have noticed that it is a character study, and that it shares some adult themes with Logan, like what happen when you have to watch a parent die.

For all the jokes and CGI , GotG2 did what Logan couldn't: make me cry real tears. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That would be more meaningful if Ryan Reynolds didn't have to release test footage for Deadpool to get it made and also take a budget cut to get the R rating same for Logan having to take a budget cut for it's R rating.
    I don't see how it makes that less meaningful. Deadpool and Logan were always risky so there would have been opposition. But it doesn't change the fact that in both cases, the final results were good and true to their respective creator's vision, making further such projects a possibility. Meanwhile, Edgar Wright couldn't get his way regarding Ant-Man and Patty Jenkins couldn't have her way regarding Thor: The Dark World. So of the two studios, it's clear who is more open to experimenting with the superhero genre and who has more incentive right now.

Though we'll see. I find it hard to believe stuff like Deadpool will be scrapped or toned down. Unfortunately, not looking good for Mangold's Laura solo in case of a buyout, so his disappointment is warranted.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 12-12-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You really think Logan doesn't have a ton of CGI? All that blood flying around, Logan and X-23's claws? Most of the time entirely made out of pure pixels.

People who were playing attention would have noticed that it is a character study, and that it shares some adult themes with Logan, like what happen when you have to watch a parent die.

For all the jokes and CGI , GotG2 did what Logan couldn't: make me cry real tears. Twice.
    I'm sorry but after an hour and 45 minutes of having to go through James Gunn's fratboy humor deflating the tension and emotional impact of every plot point, I couldn't be bothered to cry for Yondu.

At least his funeral was pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I don't see how it makes that less meaningful. Deadpool and Logan were always risky so there would have been opposition. But it doesn't change the fact that in both cases, the final results were good and true to their respective creator's vision, making further such projects a possibility. Meanwhile, Edgar Wright couldn't get his way regarding Ant-Man and Patty Jenkins couldn't have her way regarding Thor: The Dark World. So of the two studios, it's clear who is more open to experimenting with the superhero genre.
    The franchise's biggest start had to take a pay cut to make the movie they wanted to make. That is not something the studio to brag about. They're lowering the budget, taking pay cuts from their biggest stars, that's the definition of lowering the risks. And it took 16 years.

By the way, X-Men Origins: Wolverine screenwriter also wanted it to be R-rated. He didn't get his way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    The franchise's biggest start had to take a pay cut to make the movie they wanted to make. That is not something the studio to brag about. They're lowering the budget, taking pay cuts from their biggest stars, that's the definition of lowering the risks. And it took 16 years.
    Not the point and doesn't matter. Fact remains that Fox now has the incentive to make riskier projects unlike Disney. Mangold's Laura film will probably be canned thanks to the buyout so he has the right to be disappointed.

Not the point and doesn't matter. Fact remains that Fox now has the incentive to make riskier projects unlike Disney. Mangold's Laura film will probably be canned thanks to the buyout so he has the right to be disappointed.
    The franchise's biggest star need to take a pay cut after 17 years playing the same character, and it doesn't matter?! They're lowering the budget to almost insulting levels and it doesn't matter?! Seriously?! By the way, MCU itself was a huge risk, but for some reason no Fox fan want to admit it.

About this X-23 movie. Jackman had to take a pay cut, Ryan Reynolds had to wait for 14 years(and god knows whatnot he had to do), but you guys really think that the same studio will greenlight an R-rated film with 15 year old girl that easily? Be realistic. Laura isn't getting a movie. There is a possibility that she might get one. Don't tell me about the "script being written". Far more popular characters' movies with far more powerful studios behind them and far ahead in development have been canceled. You think this is the first time WB has tried to make a Batman/Superman movie? Or a Justice League movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

well you spoke for you , the reception of logan was different. heck even gotg 2 census is about fun. nothing real. funny thing with logan most said they cried after watching the film and it was a great send off to hugh and stewart. most also said gotg was ruined by too many silly jokes and nothing of subtance. that was the factual recpetion of both movies. heck even cbr gabe gotg 2 a medicore reviews because it all all cgi and nothing more.

ah, cgi when cgi is secondary to the story and does not bring it down. see again Logan, X2, TDK. i think this is why these movies are called grounded

yes true. now some will tell me gotg was a risky movie. no it was not. a risky movie is not making a pixar live action and calling it risky. which is what gotg is. deadpool and new mutants are risky movies because they think outside of the box, x-men 2000 was risky because it was the first grounded comic film that was about a movie first not just a comic film.
    Last edited by Jaddor; 12-12-2017 at 04:35 AM.

BANNED

well you spoke for you , the reception of logan was different. heck even gotg 2 census is about fun.
    Movies don't have a census. Nations have a census. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

nothing real. funny thing with logan most said they cried after watching the film and it was a great send off to hugh and stewart. most also said gotg was ruined by too many silly jokes and nothing of subtance. that was the factual recpetion of both movies. heck even cbr gabe gotg 2 a medicore reviews because it all all cgi and nothing more.
    Have you actually seen it?

ah, cgi when cgi is secondary to the story and does not bring it down. see again Logan, X2, TDK. i think this is why these movies are called grounded
    How do you even do a space opera movie without a lot of CGI?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

By the way, X-Men Origins: Wolverine screenwriter also wanted it to be R-rated. He didn't get his way.
    The fact that the studio was trying to limit how much money they'd potentially lose (their's a line between risk and complete idiocy. Fox is still a business after all) does not mean Logan and Deadpool were not risks.

And how long did it take for us to get stuff like Black Panther and Captain Marvel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The fact that the studio was trying to limit how much money they'd potentially lose (their's a line between risk and complete idiocy. Fox is still a business after all) does not mean Logan and Deadpool were not risks.

And how long did it take for us to get stuff like Black Panther and Captain Marvel?
    I think the bigger question is why even a cinematic universe ?in the long run it has done more harm to comic films than helped it as it stripped away its creative value and many IPs have lost their idenitiy. remember when xmen, spiderman, superman, battman movies were all self contained. one film of those of those series is stronger than any mcu movie.

Thing with black panther, just show once again how much the media-press is the right arm of marvel. they have been hailing it as the first black lead comic film? just not true. blade did the 90s. Will smith did it with Hannock in the 2000s. Marvel cannot even make a film like blade today.

wonderwoman is the first called decent female comic film but it does not mean there was never attempt to make female comic films with Electra, supergirl and catwoman. rather to try and fail and learn from mistakes then just keep hiding until you have no where to hide is what i call captian marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The exact same thing can be said about MCU. But they still trust in D-list characters and give them high budget.
    And how long did it take for us to get stuff like Black Panther and Captain Marvel
    Shorter than Logan and Deadpool. How many movies have fox made with black or female character in the leading role? Oh yeah, none. So please, let's not go there.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 12-12-2017 at 07:29 AM.