Page 319 of 390 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5845
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    They can hope all they want. It's pretty evident from this thread it doesn't matter HOW good the movie is, they're gonna bitch about anything that isn't Marvel studios regardless.
    Don't remember anybody bitching about logan or deadpool

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    You have not met butterflykyss I guess. I don't know about yogaflame's feelings on those two films but it seems there is a certain group of people EXTREMELY upset with how Storm was (mis)represented in both incarnations of the XCU and that is literally ALL they seem to care about.

Like I'll give it to them, yes it is quite likely there will be a "better" more accurate and more respectful version of Storm in the MCU. Sure.

But I do not just care about 1 or even 2 characters.

Also love the ludicrous irony "Fox movies only focus on a few characters", "In the MCU they will focus hard on the most iconic famous characters of course". The same people say both these things and they. do. not. notice. the. irony.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 01-09-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    You have not met butterflykyss I guess. I don't know about yogaflame's feelings on those two films but it seems there is a certain group of people EXTREMELY upset with how Storm was (mis)represented in both incarnations of the XCU and that is literally ALL they seem to care about.
    I've met them, and I can relate, but my point is that they complain about main X films that don't feature the decent team dynamic in general not about unrelated solo films

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

They can hope all they want. It's pretty evident from this thread it doesn't matter HOW good the movie is, they're gonna bitch about anything that isn't Marvel studios regardless.

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Like I'll give it to them, yes it is quite likely there will be a "better" more accurate and more respectful version of Storm in the MCU. Sure.

But I do not just care about 1 or even 2 characters.

Also love the ludicrous irony "Fox movies only focus on a few characters", "In the MCU they will focus hard on the most iconic famous characters of course". The same people say both these things and they. do. not. notice. the. irony.

I actually thought deadpool was good and if fox-men films had embraced the comic characters like deadpool I think you would have seen less complaints from.me as it relates to the team movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I hollered!!! lolol

I've met them, and I can relate, but my point is that they complain about main X films that don't feature the decent team dynamic in general not about unrelated solo films
    thank you.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-09-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually thought deadpool was good and if fox-men films had embraced the comic characters like deadpool I think you would hsve seen less complaints from.me as it relates to the team movies.
    Logan did, but you still complained.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I fell asleep through Logan so im not sure if it did or not. however, after 17 or so years of hearing about the character you can't be surprised some people, including myself, would have Logan fatigue.

and Logan wasn't a team film btw.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-09-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Logan embraced the comics characters? How?

Ultimate Member

Some people do. For some people, Fox can do no right, whereas Marvel can do no wrong it would seem. Look I really like Marvel overall, but they're hardly perfect either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Some people do. For some people, Fox can do no right, whereas Marvel can do no wrong it would seem.
    for each poster like this we have 10 posters who believes that fox is perfect and mcu is bad.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    for each poster like this we have 10 posters who believes that fox is perfect and mcu is bad.
    But it's always the same poster registered under 10 different names LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    You underestimate the general public, they can surely tell the difference between Logan and Thor Ragnarok or DOFP and Avengers since neither movies look or feel the same or have the same tone. the less dwelling on a shared universe the better. It will keep the genre from fading. Comics never relied on a shared universe. I did not have to read lots of X-Men to know more about Spiderman and vice versa.
    No people see Marvel and they assume it's the same thing given Marvel's shared universe with the MCU. The thing is people here act like all MCU movies are just the same and they're not and very in comedy from a lot to almost none like the Captain America Trilogy so yeah in a film series that goes from Winter Soldier to Thor Ragnarok in tone there is no shock people would assume the Fox Films are part of the MCU and they see the flipping Pages Logo in front of Deadpool, Logan, and the X-Men films the same logo Marvel Studios use to use for their own MCU films until they updated with their current logo yeah not only is it completely understandable I'd bet good money it's what Fox wanted them to think.

I've personally said many times that Fox has made good films and I enjoy most of them but I also don't think they've ever gotten the X-Men right and think Marvel Studios is better at that and can't wait to see what they can do. Also it goes both ways while some won't give Fox credit others won't give the MCU any and act like all the MCU is, is comedy and CGI and they'll never allow anything dark which is an equally hyperbolic position to take. As for all these upcoming films it seems like a long shot many will get made because by 2020 Disney should control Fox and we know Feige wants the X-Men and he also doesn't like things in the MCU he doesn't have control over so yeah I don't see many of these happening. The safe bet is anything in the Foxverse not named or connected to Deadpool will go bye bye in 2020.

BANNED

Just read Donner's quotes, seem very appropriate to me

Already commented I'm glad they're making a Kitty Pryde film

All they can do now is put out as good of movies in XCU as possible and hope enough people are open-minded enough to realize they were 100% wrong to think FOX could not make any good XMen movies (of course they already have too)

Makes me wonder, it might be 7 years until the first Disney/MCU X-Men movie and by then the genre will truly be dead for MCU like westerns. A Tim Miller Kitty Pryde movie is more promising than a Disney/MCU X-men movie. Am afraid Disney may see Pryde more as a Cinderella than a young Sydney Bristow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Makes me wonder, it might be 7 years until the first Disney/MCU X-Men movie and by then the genre will truly be dead for MCU like westerns.
    People have been saying this since long before the first Iron Man movie came out. Westerns had a good 30-40 years of life in them. And they didn't go away just because people got tired of them.