Page 324 of 390 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5845
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's a disgrace to do it in the movies. this wasn't done in reference to Jewish people and the holocaust. this shouldn't be the case with events in civil rights movement. JFK was not killed due to some mutsnt conflict. it's insulting and offensive.
    It's the X world with a different story than ours , it has mutants, time travel, Cyclops , and the X-Men prevented world war 3 by helping to solve the Cuban missile crisis, plus the jfk commentary was a throwaway line not a plot point and I think mutants have enough problema on their own to bother with the civil rights movement

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It's the X world with a different story than ours , it has mutants, time travel, Cyclops , and the X-Men prevented world war 3 by helping to solve the Cuban missile crisis, plus the jfk commentary was a throwaway line not a plot point and I think mutants have enough problema on their own to bother with the civil rights movement
    telling a story about mutants does not require writers to romanticize or rewrite actual history, especially if it's denigrating to what actually happened. it's disrespectdul.to the real people who made real sacrifices to protect the rights of all humans. the civil rights movement and all the players shouldn't be a throwaway plot and if it was going to be treated as such it shouldn't have been included at all. so no dofp was not the great groundbreaking movie it was the complete opposite for based upon the handling of jfk assassination alone.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well, I don't find it offensive. I just find it dumb(like so many other things in DoFP). So Magneto was trying to save JFK? So if he hadn't interfered, the bullet wouldn't have hit him? The guy that could deflect point blank bullets with ease in the last movie? Okay...
    The thing I find offensive about it is it continues the nonsense of the "Magic Bullet" Kennedy's seat was a Hydraulic seat and could be moved so crowds could see him better and which is why he wasn't directly behind Connally and if people did real research they'd see there was nothing "magic" about it and it was actually perfect trajectory. Sorry about the tangent but so many people seem to get their "history" from fictional accounts from films these days and it annoys me.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

$.jpg

I don't know if people here just like posting comments to generate debates due to being bored or if they really feel the way they say... that being said.

I have enjoyed the Foxverse and MCU for what they have done and tried to do with these Marvel characters we love. There have been hits and misses by both studios but overall they're have been more wins than anything.

Ya'll make me happy that I'm the type of comic fan that isn't so straight-laced that any deviation or portrayal, that doesn't line up with who I believe a character to be, keeps me from enjoying these films of which I've enjoyed.

Everybody has their opinion, I will never take that from anyone, but my God lighten up.

I sincerely hope that the MCU occupation of the X-world will turn out to be everything everybody hopes for otherwise... well, I guess we can look forward to more balking, moaning and bitching for years to come... but I'm not on the boards that much anyway so...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    $.jpg

I don't know if people here just like posting comments to generate debates due to being bored or if they really feel the way they say... that being said.

I have enjoyed the Foxverse and MCU for what they have done and tried to do with these Marvel characters we love. There have been hits and misses by both studios but overall they're have been more wins than anything.

Ya'll make me happy that I'm the type of comic fan that isn't so straight-laced that any deviation or portrayal, that doesn't line up with who I believe a character to be, keeps me from enjoying these films of which I've enjoyed.

Everybody has their opinion, I will never take that from anyone, but my God lighten up.

I sincerely hope that the MCU occupation of the X-world will turn out to be everything everybody hopes for otherwise... well, I guess we can look forward to more balking, moaning and bitching for years to come... but I'm not on the boards that much anyway so...
    Yeah. I loved some Fox and some MCU movies and hated some MCU and some Fox movies too. Both studios have good and bad movies.
    That Fox vs MCU moaning is annoing.

BANNED

Why is JFK being tied to the civil rights movement??? Guy wanted to ban the March on Washington, edited speeches and his dad was a Nazi. He was more interested in cheating on his wife than on enacting justic for black people.

BANNED

there is no beauty in a movie that downplays the importance of pivotal events relating to the civil rights movement. mutants, as much as I love them, aren't real and in no way should this ever trump the REAL discrimination and injustice experienced by black citizens in this country.
    The movie did not down play it. fiction is not real but many fictions has been a stand in for real things. X-Men is deeply rooted on this. its an unmoveable corner stone of the series. if you are arguing about black characters the truth is Xavier and magneto are not black characters and neither are the 5 oringal members. they were mutants who were white but mutation is as hated , rejected and feared as African American/Jews were. no down play there. not to mention this started in the 60s with the comics, but its a problem now because of MCU known incompetence? So since MCU will have no interest in puting the themes of civil rights in xmen, we all are now expected to think that it was always bad in xmen?

Mutants were not trumping anyone , they were stand ins because like I said, fiction has always addressed real discrimination, harry potter has a similar plot point i.e muggle borns , muggles , half blood, pure bloods, squibs, mudbloods and discrimination with white wizard characters. not an issue.. X-Men was never just a tongue and check empty comic books to read, it carried deep substance. If MCU makes again X-Men movie from what you said, they will make the worst X-Men movie of all time , it will be garbage once they try to sell X-Men to the world without the substance and real life sequence of history. something rooted in the comics,

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why is JFK being tied to the civil rights movement??? Guy wanted to ban the March on Washington, edited speeches and his dad was a Nazi. He was more interested in cheating on his wife than on enacting justic for black people.

JFK had his flaws like Lincoln but they were not as evil as the others that tried to break America in half to hold onto their slaves and keep racism alive. ie..Confederate States of America. Makes me think of Genosha, that also did not really work out well for the mutants. Separation and Segregation is just not a good thing.
    Last edited by hartttt; 01-12-2018 at 12:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    The movie did not down play it. fiction is not real but many fictions has been a stand in for real things. X-Men is deeply rooted on this. its an unmoveable corner stone of the series. if you are arguing about black characters the truth is Xavier and magneto are not black characters and neither are the 5 oringal members. they were mutants who were white but mutation is as hated , rejected and feared as African American/Jews were. no down play there. not to mention this started in the 60s with the comics, but its a problem now because of MCU known incompetence? So since MCU will have no interest in puting the themes of civil rights in xmen, we all are now expected to think that it was always bad in xmen?
    Ah, the X-Men paradox.
    "All our characters are metaphors for various minorities, so there is absolutely no reason to include actual black, gay etcetera characters in X-Men stories."

Sorry, no, it really doesn't work like that.
    Especially because X-Men does discrimination stories very badly, going from zero to holocaust with not a lot in between.

Mutants were not trumping anyone , they were stand ins because like I said, fiction has always addressed real discrimination, harry potter has a similar plot point i.e muggle borns , muggles , half blood, pure bloods, squibs, mudbloods and discrimination with white wizard characters. not an issue.. X-Men was never just a tongue and check empty comic books to read, it carried deep substance. If MCU makes again X-Men movie from what you said, they will make the worst X-Men movie of all time and to think I could not find anymore reason to call MCU garbage.it will be garbage once they try to sell X-Men to the world without the substance.
    Oh I am very well aware of how white the xmen are but there was an attempt within canon to address the diversity issues with the introduction of the Giant Size Xmen team. However, I think you are conflating too many issues. I didn't think DOFP was good and I mentioned one of those reasons being how they handled JFK's death. Yes the Xmen is rooted in real-time events but as I've stated I think it's tacky and offensive the way they handled JFK. I also think Fox-men has a history of demonizing characters that are POC and/or whitewashing characters. A great example of this is how they tragically changed Storm's background from being a goddess who wished to help people and eventually became an Xmen who fought on the side of good, to being Apocalypse's lackey in his quest to the destroy/conquer the world. These are reasons that I don't like Fox-men and can't wait for MCU to reboot and recast the whole lot of the series.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oh I am very well aware of how white the xmen are but there was an attempt within canon to address the diversity issues with the introduction of the Giant Size Xmen team. However, I think you are conflating too many issues. I didn't think DOFP was good and I mentioned one of those reasons being how they handled JFK's death. Yes the Xmen is rooted in real-time events but as I've stated I think it's tacky and offensive the way they handled JFK. I also think Fox-men has a history of demonizing characters that are POC and/or whitewashing characters. A great example of this is how they tragically changed Storm's background from being a goddess who wished to help people and eventually became an Xmen who fought on the side of good, to being Apocalypse's lackey in his quest to the destroy/conquer the world. These are reasons that I don't like Fox-men and can't wait for MCU to reboot and recast the whole lot of the series.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ah, the X-Men paradox.
    "All our characters are metaphors for various minorities, so there is absolutely no reason to include actual black, gay etcetera characters in X-Men stories."

Especially because X-Men does discrimination stories very badly, going from zero to holocaust with not a lot in between.
    Storm and Bishop are black to name a few. You could not get more diverse than the 70s rebooted X-Men with Bryne and Claremont.
    Northstar was gay, a character introduced during the height of the AIDS epidemic of the 90s, the legacy virus in xmen comics, he did suffer from.
    The reason behind DOFP comic was a stand in for the holocaust ,one of the best and most gripping comic stories every written.
    sorry but it does work that as X-Men has proven with their comics and movies, the end point is once all this things are not present in the MCU X-Men movies, those movies becomes garbage. You should read New X-Men the build up from Nova, Xorn, Magneto, Millions of humans killed in New York. you will find no zero start there.
    So I am guessing the reason MCU movies are garbage is because all this things do not happen in their movies, its all fun, flash and cheek with the MCU. those are garbage superhero movies.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

So I am guessing the reason MCU movies are garbage is because all this things do not happen in their movies, its all fun, flash and cheek with the MCU. those are garbage superhero movies.

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Ah, the X-Men paradox.

They're not metaphor for various minorities, they're metaphors for the idea that people that are different are discriminated, and minorities and other can relate to that. Plus magneto is Jewish (not white) and one of the most important characters in X mythos, Xavier is paraplegic and others.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

there is no beauty in a movie that downplays the importance of pivotal events relating to the civil rights movement. mutants, as much as I love them, aren't real and in no way should this ever trump the REAL discrimination and injustice experienced by black citizens in this country.
    It's a fictional timeline. What are you upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's a fictional timeline. What are you upset about?
    I'm not upset. I just explained why i don't like fox-men films.

to your statement, I know it's a fictional timeline based upon some real life events. where did i say i thought the xmen was non-fiction?