Page 332 of 390 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5845
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Congratulations to Logan! Well deserved! Though I'm sad to see that Patrick Stewart was snubbed. His performance was really heart wrenching, and deserved a supporting actor nomination imo.

All that FOX hate is so ridiculous. Logan is a good movie and deserves its high praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Be grateful that it even got a nom. Tbh, I don't feel it's an Oscar worthy movie.
    Ditto, agreed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    All that FOX hate is so ridiculous. Logan is a good movie and deserves its high praise.
    Chopping up POC's for two hours doesn't make for a good movie to me. And I certainly don't see how this film was an Oscar-worthy adaptation of Old Man Logan. Extremely loose interpretation, perhaps, but not an adaptation. Caliban, the Reavers, and X23 and her crew are also quite far from their sources as well.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Chopping up POC's for two hours doesn't make for a good movie to me. And I certainly don't see how this film was an Oscar-worthy adaptation of Old Man Logan. Extremely loose interpretation, perhaps, but not an adaptation. Caliban, the Reavers, and X23 and her crew are also quite far from their sources as well.
    Did you watch the movie? I really doubt you have if you describe it as such.

Also the movie never claimed to be an adaptation of Old Man Logan hence the title Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Did you watch the movie? I really doubt you have if you describe it as such.

Also the movie never claimed to be an adaptation of Old Man Logan hence the title Logan.
    Yes, I watched as it opened to Logan chopping up some Latinos for trying to steal his tires. I watched as an entire Black family was butchered in their home. And if it's not an adaptation of Old Man Logan, what is the screenplay adapting?

Yes, I watched as it opened to Logan chopping up some Latinos for trying to steal his tires. I watched as an entire Black family was butchered in their home. And if it's not an adaptation of Old Man Logan, what is the screenplay adapting?
    Once I saw it was you yoga flame I was done discussing this because if Fox made it you hated it. Yeah he did that in the first scene then spends the movie cutting up white people and protecting kids of color. Besides what the bad guys do isn’t part of your point. Also so is it only okay to have white people die in movies now?

Well they did just shoot him square in the chest with a shotgun, they had it coming. As for the family, it wasn't Logan's idea to stay the night. Hey, if Eriq La Salle and Elise Neal had no problem with the script, I don't see why I should. I personally just think the movie is overrated and is kinda boring. I dug it on 1st watch, but can't seem to be interested on a repeated viewing. I'd rather watch Fast and the Furious if I'm being real honest.

The point is Fox seems to luxuriate in destroying POC's in these movies. Bishop and Darwin were both BLOWN UP to smithereens! The only two black men shown in these films, blown up without actually exploring their characters. If you actually read about Murdoch and his ethos, and how these movies actually work, perhaps you would be more displeased as well. But by all means, enjoy your grotesque displays of violence and subtle [no so subtle] propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Logan got an Oscar nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay.
    I just don't get why it is considered an "adapted" screenplay. I know, the characters are not original, but the story is not technically adapted from any other source.

I've got six examples that prove this wrong. And they weren't just nominated, they actually won.

http://www.craveonline.com/site/8115...oscar#/slide/1

Here's a list of 27 other comic book films that also received nominations, including a couple winners not listed above....

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls078254853/
    I think that Sound Editing, Visual Effects, and Art Direction are simply not considered "big" awards. The only exception is Heath Ledger's Best Supporting Actor
    Dick Tracy and Men in Black are not super hero movies, so I don't care!
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Dick Tracy and Men in Black are not super hero movies, so I don't care!
    They are comic book movies, though.

Yeah, yeah. I know. But to me there's a big difference between comic book movies and super hero movies.
    It's just how I see it.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

In that they were told in a comic otherwise they are a sci-fi movie and a pulp fiction movie.

When will the other?
    Last edited by iByakuya; 01-23-2018 at 10:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I just don't get why it is considered an "adapted" screenplay. I know, the characters are not original, but the story is not technically adapted from any other source.
    Everything based on an existing intellectual property is considered adapted screenplay. In this case it's based on a series of Marvel comic books.