Page 334 of 390 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5845
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You presume much. I'm not all that interested in violence, actually.
    That's the crux of superheroes, otherwise you'd be better off watching romantic comedies

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    That's the crux of superheroes, otherwise you'd be better off watching romantic comedies
    Superheroes fighting pitched battles is one thing. People getting carved up and exploded is quite another. They are supposed to be heroes. Not butchers. Fox in these latter movies seems to think gratuitous violence is an acceptable form of character development. I don't need to see people losing limbs and brains flying in slow motion to feel invested in a scene. In fact, such hyper-violence actually makes me tune out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    And that was my intention... to get somebody to actually google raccoon shit

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Superheroes fighting pitched battles is one thing. People getting carved up and exploded is quite another. They are supposed to be heroes. Not butchers. Fox in these latter movies seems to think gratuitous violence is an acceptable form of character development. I don't need to see people losing limbs and brains flying in slow motion to feel invested in a scene. In fact, such hyper-violence actually makes me tune out.
    Apparently you stopped reading comics in the 60s then How’d you feel about Punisher on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Apparently you stopped reading comics in the 60s then How’d you feel about Punisher on Netflix?
    Claremont's X-Men didn't depend on hyper violence. Most X-Men comics in general don't rely on hyper violence. I love it when heroes use their intelligence and compassion to resolve a conflict the most. I didn't watch Punisher. Most of the Netflix MCU shows rely on too much violence as is, I had no desire to go deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ugh, the point of making the family black was to show how trash the white oppressors were even when the more "major" threat of mutants were neutered. They were back to bullying flatscan POC's like Eriq La Salle's white neighbours. How does one take away an anti-POC subtext from this? The same film that ends with all the white male villains dead, and the white hero sacrificing himself so that his POC daughter and her POC friends have a new chance at life?

It’s because yoga flames problem is the studio that made it not the movie so his argument just grasps at whatever it can. I mean really the idea in today’s day in age a move could have the subtext he suggested and not be a huge news story with a big public outcry let alone get an Oscar nod is a preposterous notion.

You can disagree with my point of view and express your own, but do not presume to speak for me.

Claremont's X-Men didn't depend on hyper violence. Most X-Men comics in general don't rely on hyper violence. I love it when heroes use their intelligence and compassion to resolve a conflict the most. I didn't watch Punisher. Most of the Netflix MCU shows rely on too much violence as is, I had no desire to go deeper.
    I guess you skipped almost all the Wolverine centric issues certainly Dark Phoenix and Days of Future past. I guess you just thought Wolverine always retracted his claws that could cut anything known just before they hit the bad guy.

You can disagree with my point of view and express your own, but do not presume to speak for me.
    Feel free to disprove my opinion formed from watching you twist and turn every way possible to trash fox x-men movies but don’t act like I’m pulling it out of thin air or don’t have right to make that point. It’s not an attack on your character or random accusations.

Also nice dodge of my point if it was that bad we wouldn’t be just hearing this almost a year after it came out by a random comment poster.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 01-23-2018 at 02:09 PM.

BANNED

Low level of violence of violence or PG violence is still violence, you won't have a superhero fight without those, EVER. Not only that but they solve their problems by fighting, and fighting is a violent act in it's own when conflict in real life should be solved in a civilised manner. So Whether wolverine is butchering people or the avengers are fighting aliens or robots both of the qualify as violence for the act of fighting itself

BANNED

I guess you skipped almost all the Wolverine centric issues certainly Dark Phoenix and Days of Future past. I guess you just thought Wolverine always retracted his claws that could cut anything known just before they hit the bad guy.
    Does the future failure of MCU X-Men shine brighter or what if asked to me. MCU playing down X-Men is what will be the death of their xmen movies. I do think he may have skipped it though, its not the first time somebody here has skipped over xmen though I will not say it is as bad as the last skip of xmen skipping civil right issues since MCU movies will never take it seriously or deeply , so xmen has to skip it now in comics and films. that alone has already made the mcu x-men worse than most of the fox xmen movies as a good xmen movie.
    In Days of Future past, Wolverine was violently killed by sentinels and left with his bones on the floor. just saying. Claremont wrote it. violence works when it fits the story,xmen stories tend to be violent since xmen live in a world of hate, persecution and fear.
    Last edited by hartttt; 01-23-2018 at 02:16 PM.

I've read the entire Uncanny run. Claremont and Byrne had enough class to not zoom in on such acts, and they had other characters react to such displays. Wolverine himself famously struggles with his base animal ferocity. That is what made him a good character. He knows he can tap into this base violence, but he always tried to find peace and balance, even if it was a slippery slope.

Feel free to disprove my opinion formed from watching you twist and turn every way possible to trash fox x-men movies but don’t act like I’m pulling it out of thin air or don’t have right to make that point. It’s not an attack on your character or random accusations.
    There is no twisting or turning necessary to criticize the Fox-Men films. They have misrepresented most of the characters and failed to deliver on the box office potential. Their highest grossing film relied on base humor, gratuitous violence, and sexuality, and still couldn't clear a billion. As a Wolverine fan perhaps you are more easily assuaged by their offerings, but if you pan out and look at the larger picture, many in the fandom are unsatisfied and are ready for the Disney acquisition to offer a new perspective. That said, I have publicly criticized many of the MCU films as well, so it's not simply a matter of which studio makes what movie. I criticize them all based on what they bring to the table, how they were created, and who created them.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Low level of violence of violence or PG violence is still violence, you won't have a superhero fight without those, EVER. Not only that but they solve their problems by fighting, and fighting is a violent act in it's own when conflict in real life should be solved in a civilised manner. So Whether wolverine is butchering people or the avengers are fighting aliens or robots both of the qualify as violence for the act of fighting itself
    I would draw a distinction between punching a robot and impaling a living breathing human with blades. If you can't find that distinction, that's for you to interpret.

I've read the entire Uncanny run. Claremont and Byrne had enough class to not zoom in on such acts, and they had other characters react to such displays. Wolverine himself famously struggles with his base animal ferocity. That is what made him a good character. He knows he can tap into this base violence, but he always tried to find peace and balance, even if it was a slippery slope.

There is no twisting or turning necessary to criticize the Fox-Men films. They have misrepresented most of the characters and failed to deliver on the box office potential. Their highest grossing film relied on base humor, gratuitous violence, and sexuality, and still couldn't clear a billion. As a Wolverine fan perhaps you are more easily assuaged by their offerings, but if you pan out and look at the larger picture, many in the fandom are unsatisfied and are ready for the Disney acquisition to offer a new perspective. That said, I have publicly criticized many of the MCU films as well, so it's not simply a matter of which studio makes what movie. I criticize them all based on what they bring to the table, how they were created, and who created them.
    And see when you stick to real criticism you make a good argument it’s when you make claims like Logan was just butchering people of color you are really reaching if not flat out making things up.

BANNED

And see when you stick to real criticism you make a good argument it’s when you make claims like Logan was just butchering people of color you are really reaching if not flat out making things up.
    What? logan was just butchering people of color? good thing I have yogaflame on ignore. I see this as a defence mechanism for the terrible MCU X-Men of the furture that will never top Logan, the best defence is to flat out make up things of the past great xmen movies that will never be done by the MCU.