Page 340 of 390 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5845
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I think they are either younger folks that grew up on Singer's ...'version'...of the X-Men and that's what they know or they are right-wing conservatives that hate Disney (and I say that as a conservative myself). The folks like me that grew up on comic book X-Men and even TAS X-Men just want a return to prominence and Disney is the ONLY company that can give that back to us. (games, marketing, apparel, better stories, better movies etc)
    Ahhhh man that would be tragic if their point of reference for the X-Men is singer Fox-men. Very tragic indeed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

As trashy as Singer turned out to be IRL, since when has he become a right wing/alt-right darling? Throughout my Internet days, I've seen haters bashing him for "feminizing" the X-Men and how he "created" the LGBT and other minority allegories for mutants (not true but no point reasoning with the cray).

I preferred Fox to MCU because they actually seemed more open to the political overtones of the X-Men whereas the Perlmutter run MCU seemed so against women and minorities as leads, and politics were kept to a bare minimum in their movies. I also couldn't root for a company that was marginalizing and destroying its richest franchises and characters in comics and merch simply because they didn't own the movie rights to them.

Now that Perlmutter has been booted from Marvel Studios and from the sounds of it, Black Panther finally sounds like the very first MCU output that truly reflects the Marvel I personally love, I'm warming up to the idea of X-Men in the MCU. But that rat and his cronies are still running the comics and tv side and I'll never forget the shabby times mutants had to go through thanks to them.

Also, I feel the MCU is way too overcrowded as is and won't accommodate these spin-offs that I'm excited for. And some MCU fanboys are whack with their "Disney monopoly is goooood" brainwashed philosophy.

Astonishing Member

Not a big Campea fan but sometimes the guy proves he knows his stuff. He makes some good points in this video and even debunking the whole " Even if Comcast bought Fox the rights would revert back anyway!'' myth at the 1:59 mark.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-14-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

Not a big Campea fan but sometimes the guy proves he knows his stuff. He makes some good points in this video and even debunking the whole " Even if Comcast bought Fox the rights would revert back anyway!'' myth at the 1:59 mark.
    The only losers that come from the FF4 and X-Men not going to Marvel are the fans. We won't see them in games, TV, cartoons, and they will continue to have a reduced or non-existent presence in the comics. Why any fan would be supportive of anything other than this deal going through is beyond me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The only losers that come from the FF4 and X-Men not going to Marvel are the fans. We won't see them in games, TV, cartoons, and they will continue to have a reduced or non-existent presence in the comics. Why any fan would be supportive of anything other than this deal going through is beyond me.
    The only losers would be Disney's wallets since they'd be losing billions of dollars worth of assets for their Netflix-like streaming service should Comcast out-bid them and purchase those rights. Yes, it'd be cool to live in a world where you can have Wolverine drink in a bar with any one of the Avengers like Iron Man but there's obviously more to this deal than the stuff tied with capes and spandex power fantasies.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

The only losers would be Disney's wallets since they'd be losing billions of dollars worth of assets for their Netflix-like streaming service should Comcast out-bid them and purchase those rights. Yes, it'd be cool to live in a world where you can have Wolverine drink in a bar with any one of the Avengers like Iron Man but there's obviously more to this deal than the stuff tied with capes and spandex power fantasies.
    Well this fan hopes the deal goes through and based upon interviews from both Disney and Fox top dogs the deal is going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As trashy as Singer turned out to be IRL, since when has he become a right wing/alt-right darling?
    More like these people support anything Fox/Murdoch not so much Singer. I've seen some comments here on this forum that allude to that.

EDIT: It's kinda weird that Perlmutter is so staunch right-wing and Disney is so leftist and progressive. Fox is staunch right-wing but Singer and Hollywood crew are liberals. The X-Men are in a constant state of flux it would seem. Diversity diversity diversity no that doesn't sell so we'll do Legacy THEN move back into diversity diversity diversity which I've heard rumored is about to happen again.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 02-14-2018 at 10:45 PM.

BANNED

More like these people support anything Fox/Murdoch not so much Singer. I've seen some comments here on this forum that allude to that.

EDIT: It's kinda weird that Perlmutter is so staunch right-wing and Disney is so leftist and progressive. Fox is staunch right-wing but Singer and Hollywood crew are liberals. The X-Men are in a constant state of flux it would seem. Diversity diversity diversity no that doesn't sell so we'll do Legacy THEN move back into diversity diversity diversity which I've heard rumored is about to happen again.
    Disney did everything in power to get rid of perlmutter so that he had zero influence in the MCU, and fox is selling their movie and TV side but they'll keep their news side thus separating right from left wing

BANNED

deleted post

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Disney did everything in power to get rid of perlmutter so that he had zero influence in the MCU, and fox is selling their movie and TV side but they'll keep their news side thus separating right from left wing
    In a weird way, and I'm barfing saying this, but Perlmutter working with Trump helps Disney gets FOX since he has a vested interest in the name of synergy.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Except many licensing contracts explicitly cover the instance where the licensee is bought by another company and state that, should that happen, the right automatically revert to the original owner. I'm not saying that's the case here, but one thing I'm sure of is that nobody outside of Marvel/Disney and Fox knows. So until someone from either company comes out and clarifies that particular point, it's all just speculation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As trashy as Singer turned out to be IRL, since when has he become a right wing/alt-right darling? Throughout my Internet days, I've seen haters bashing him for "feminizing" the X-Men and how he "created" the LGBT and other minority allegories for mutants (not true but no point reasoning with the cray).

I preferred Fox to MCU because they actually seemed more open to the political overtones of the X-Men whereas the Perlmutter run MCU seemed so against women and minorities as leads, and politics were kept to a bare minimum in their movies. I also couldn't root for a company that was marginalizing and destroying its richest franchises and characters in comics and merch simply because they didn't own the movie rights to them.

Now that Perlmutter has been booted from Marvel Studios and from the sounds of it, Black Panther finally sounds like the very first MCU output that truly reflects the Marvel I personally love, I'm warming up to the idea of X-Men in the MCU. But that rat and his cronies are still running the comics and tv side and I'll never forget the shabby times mutants had to go through thanks to them.

Also, I feel the MCU is way too overcrowded as is and won't accommodate these spin-offs that I'm excited for. And some MCU fanboys are whack with their "Disney monopoly is goooood" brainwashed philosophy.
    Black Panther was good. it is not as mind blowing as some are making it out to be, yet I understand the reason if Blade and Spawn were non-existent. MCU made the right choice to portray it as a race based political charged movie because once that is removed, Black Panther is very similar to the very first Thor movie. I favoured the preference for Fox because Fox did actually seem more open to an X-Men universe unleashed. The tone, the politics has not changed much after Perlmutter was axed.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-15-2018 at 06:25 AM.

BANNED

Disney is not leftist and progressive.... They gave their employees a bonus and specifically said it was thanks to the Republican tax cut.

How does that make them not leftist or progressive? It just means they run a business and with the tax cut saw the value in giving their employees a bonus, especially with other companies doing it. Might’ve been bad for morale otherwise. If any company is in a position to give their employees a bonus or wage increase due to the tax cut and they don’t purely for political reasons (I.e., don’t want to give Trump any credit) they are morons. Business is business.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    How does that make them not leftist or progressive? It just means they run a business and with the tax cut saw the value in giving their employees a bonus, especially with other companies doing it. Might’ve been bad for morale otherwise. If any company is in a position to give their employees a bonus or wage increase due to the tax cut and they don’t purely for political reasons (I.e., don’t want to give Trump any credit) they are morons. Business is business.
    They could've given them a bonus without thanking Trump and the Republicans. It's straight-up marketing for the right wing. "Here's your crumbs, now vote R in November, so we can continue to line our pockets with corporate welfare"