Page 363 of 390 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5845

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Logan, X2, Deadpool, DoFP? The only predictable thing about them is their unpredictability in quality, with the listed films being the top tier, X1, FC and The Wolverine being the middle tier, and Last Stand, Origins and Apocalypse being bottom tier.

Dark Phoenix could have fallen into any of those categories, especially since Kinberg had a hand in both DoFP and Apocalypse.
    Unpredictable? Ok I actually love Deadpool and Logan and like X2 and DOFP a lot but those films are far from unpredictable Deadpool is a basic love story boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets her back. Logan literally showed the film Shane during it if you seen Shane you have a very good idea where Logan is heading. DOFP well Terminator anyone? X2 is probably the most unpredictable but hardly that original there are tons of B movies from the 80's and 90's of government trained soldiers trying to discover their past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh my god! You said something that borders on being true. Are you feeling all right?
    Neither characters had to be there, they brought nothing to the story. only difference is I am not giving either pass.you do not see the similarities?

iron man goes to search for peter parker to help him.logan goes to search for quicksilver, even meting his mother/aunt like Stark.If you were not trying to take down DOFP because it is not an MCU movie, you could and would see it in an instant.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 02-24-2018 at 07:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Logan, X2, Deadpool, DoFP? The only predictable thing about them is their unpredictability in quality, with the listed films being the top tier, X1, FC and The Wolverine being the middle tier, and Last Stand, Origins and Apocalypse being bottom tier.

Dark Phoenix could have fallen into any of those categories, especially since Kinberg had a hand in both DoFP and Apocalypse.
    I hoped he had a secret consultant that helped him do a better job than he could. I would be surprised if he did not have any for a first time Director. James Mangold, Matt Reeves,anyone with Fox. Byran Singer for all his experience still had to get advice from James Cameron in making DOFP.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    in my eyes, it goes this way:

X3: Kinberg, Zak Penn wrote the movie: one of the weakest team movies.
    Dofp: Matthew Vaughn, Goldman, Singer and Kinberg involved in the script: one of the best X-Men sequels.
    X-Men Apocalypse: Singer and Kinberg: one of the weakest.

pretty easy to make conclusions. 2 out of 3 movies written by Kinberg are mediocre. So from Vaughn, Goldman, Singer and Kinberg... who's the worst for this franchise?

Simon Kinberg.

Fox: "Lets give Dark Phoenix to Simon Kinberg!"
    You left out the part about X3 being hamstrung by extensive studio interference and Ratner.

yeah, they all are horrible, lol.

Did anyone notice in X-Men Apocalypse Jean's dream sequence had what appeared to be a long golden boot landing? It looked like that to me on the right side of the screen. But it was so fast and intercut with other dream destruction images, really hard to tell. I was wondering if that was Jean in her Phoenix/Dark Phoenix costume?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did anyone notice in X-Men Apocalypse Jean's dream sequence had what appeared to be a long golden boot landing? It looked like that to me on the right side of the screen. But it was so fast and intercut with other dream destruction images, really hard to tell. I was wondering if that was Jean in her Phoenix/Dark Phoenix costume?
    It wasn't because they hadn't even designed that costume yet while shooting Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You left out the part about X3 being hamstrung by extensive studio interference and Ratner.
    He also left out the other writers(Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris) who worked the story of Apocalypse, Singer’s absence on set, and the possible studio muddle in regards to Mystique.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-24-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

I will say I think you can like both the good X-Men films and the good MCU films. Different films have different messages and different intentions. Thor Ragnarok is not as serious as Days of Future Past, Black Panther or Winter Solider, but its not trying to be, its fun film. Its by far the best Thor film.

I think sometimes people here are either too hard on the Fox X-Men films or too hard on the MCU films, both series have had their triumphs and failures, but I think Black Panther and Winter Solider convinces me Disney can handle the X-Men well in film. I hope Disney still keeps Deadpool R rated though.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 02-24-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I'm looking at that sequence now and I see no boot unfortunately. There are scenes of general destruction and fire, a scene of the same building being ripped apart which looks like a house or barn, a city being burned down and a shot of Apocalypse. Then there's a shot of a woman consumed by fire which to me looks like Jean, with the phoenix noise in the background.
    When watching this scene at the cinema, I thought it was more of a hint of the next movie rather than what's about to happen in Apocalypse.

I watched X-Men: Apocalypse the other night. I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Yet, I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect but it was fun. I geeked out when Wolverine showed up because I didn't know he was in it. I really liked the ending with Xavier/Magneto.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I watched X-Men: Apocalypse the other night. I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Yet, I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect but it was fun. I geeked out when Wolverine showed up because I didn't know he was in it. I really liked the ending with Xavier/Magneto.
    Apocalypse is pretty entertaining, flaws and all.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The problems with Apocalypse mainly lay in its second half after the Quicksilver sequence. Where Wolverine just comes and goes, with a poorly directed final act. The other complaints tend to be from casual viewers that forget estblished details of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The problems with Apocalypse mainly lay in its second half after the Quicksilver sequence. Where Wolverine just comes and goes, with a poorly directed final act. The other complaints tend to be from casual viewers that forget estblished details of the series.
    I agree with you the moment it went south for me was when they cut the Mall Scene and everything after that I felt the Wolverine Scene was tacked on just to have a Wolverine scene and almost felt out of place to me. Then the rest afterwards just felt rushed now I still didn't dislike the film just thought it was ok.

I loved Apocalypse and even I agree the Wolverine scene felt forced and out of place