Page 387 of 390 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390 LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 5845
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Depends on what side of the debate you're on
    The good side that is good for movies, not just X-Men movies. The good side that can promise us movies more like Logan and DOFP. The good side that will tell real X-Men stories and not be part of some greater event that has nothing to do with X-Men in the end. The good side that will never want to settle for X-Men movies that are actually Guardians of the Galaxy in the flesh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I have no idea whether or not Legion will get a season 3. I think rating may become the factor? But apparently FOX likes the show-runner for Legion, Noah Hawley, since he has made the Fargo TV series for them and he may direct the "Doom" movie (if that movie ever does get made at all). So I would imagine they may give Legion a season 3 just to keep him happy if nothing else. But if Legion S2 ratings are horrible (which is possible, there isn't a ton of buzz about this show as far as I can tell) that might be it anyway. I don't know if we can blame Disney for this one though.
    By the time Legion season 2 is over, the rights would be sold. Disney will not want to keep the show since according to disney everything must connect to the MCU, which is as destructive as the xmen universe would be if we did not have stand alone alternate realities stories. Is not a matter of blaming Disney. whatever happens now, Disney will have the final say once the rights are gone. I think Disney will have 1 or 2 mutants shows on netflix but not the standard of Legion. more like Luke Cage, which is not bad but not on the level of Legion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    By the time Legion season 2 is over, the rights would be sold. Disney will not want to keep the show since according to disney everything must connect to the MCU, which is as destructive as the xmen universe would be if we did not have stand alone alternate realities stories. Is not a matter of blaming Disney. whatever happens now, Disney will have the final say once the rights are gone. I think Disney will have 1 or 2 mutants shows on netflix but not the standard of Legion. more like Luke Cage, which is not bad but not on the level of Legion.
    You're talking a character who's a top-flight reality warper. It's entirely conceivable Legion could WILL itself into the MCU (and David could be one of several mechanisms by which the universes could be merged without a hard reboot).

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The good side that is good for movies, not just X-Men movies. The good side that can promise us movies more like Logan and DOFP.
    Wanting X-MEN in the MCU doesn't = bad side
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Right, I'll be checking out of this thread until the MCU vs XCU pissing match dies down again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're talking a character who's a top-flight reality warper. It's entirely conceivable Legion could WILL itself into the MCU (and David could be one of several mechanisms by which the universes could be merged without a hard reboot).
    I admire some of you for the hopes you have but there is going to be a hard reboot. We will be lucky if X-Force hits in 2019.

Wanting X-MEN in the MCU doesn't = bad side
    Logan and DOFP are X-Men, they did the source material justice. MCU cannot get behind movies like DOFP and Logan, meaning they cannot get behind X-Men.
    MCU not wanting to embrace x-men and feel xmen needs to be jokey , rip of GOTG like Thor and Captain Marvel did and will officially do=BAD SIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Fox spent a lot of money to create this movie. They won't dump this. They would waste 100 - 200 millions if they would do this.
    Fox won’t exist anymore by the end of this year/early next year.

BANNED

I think Disney will have 1 or 2 mutants shows on netflix but not the standard of Legion. more like Luke Cage, which is not bad but not on the level of Legion.
    Oh, there's not going to be X-Anything in Netflix if the deal goes through (or any other new MCU shows beyond what is already there). The entire point of buying Fox is for Disney to start up their own Netflix, with blackjack and hookers and Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fiege will never allow the Foxverse into the MCU it will be a Hard Reboot look at Sony and how he doesn't want their solo films near the MCU the man barely acknowledges Marvel TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh, there's not going to be X-Anything in Netflix if the deal goes through (or any other new MCU shows beyond what is already there). The entire point of buying Fox is for Disney to start up their own Netflix, with blackjack and hookers and Star Wars.
    Um no. Disney had plans for its own streaming service with its own content before this Fox buyout happened. Its independent of that. We dont even know if that will still happen as theres been talks of revamping Hulu now that they will own majority stake in it

Dark Phoenix might get a theatrical release but I really believe New Mutants will be a film offered on the Disney Streaming service since it will be PG-13. It's an incentive for the service and a way to bury the film at the same time so they can quietly end the Fox Films and prepare for a MCU Reboot of X-Men from the ground up.

BANNED

If FOX releases Dark Phoenix & New Mutants as flops that will hurt X-MEN once they get the reboot. Maybe it best to keep pushing it back till it can be cancelled by Disney
    If I were to make a completely unsubstantiated guess then I'd say Disney wants Dark Phoenix pushed back until after Captain Marvel comes out, not allowing Fox to steal their Skrull thunder.

No idea about what is going on with New Mutants beyond some suit seeing the product and panicking because it looks like a horror movie and demanding massive reshoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Um no. Disney had plans for its own streaming service with its own content before this Fox buyout happened. Its independent of that. We dont even know if that will still happen as theres been talks of revamping Hulu now that they will own majority stake in it
    From reports PG-13 and below will go to Disney Streaming and R material to Hulu with what Hulu already offers.

Just a thought, buuut anyone ever thought of ignoring selene's MCU trolls? This is an XCU thread, once again, we have an MCU appreciate over at http://community.comicbookresources....iation-Thread/

I think he rather enjoys making the rest of the world crazy with his statements on MCU. It's unhealthy and we shouldn't feed it.

Let's leave this thread for the XCU fans!

EDIT: whoops, added a comment to the wrong post. Fixed.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 03-27-2018 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think they will throw in one mutant show here and there just because...Nothing like Legion.