View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of a Spider-Gwen Miles Morales romance?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 36.84%
  • No

24 63.16%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I would say "no".

Correct me if I am wrong, Gwen is old enough to drink and Miles is not old enough to vote.

I am not saying that sort of thing does not happen in real life. And, legal questions aside, I am not even saying it is entirely out of bounds. (If the younger party is punching above their weight mentally, and knows what they are getting in to, then it might be okay. But, there is no real way to assess for that. And, I doubt many parents would be okay with that standard.)

Similarly, most any 15(?) year old boy would be on board for dating a college girl. But....

I am not sure that I like the idea of Marvel endorsing that. (It is not "up-skirt or crotch-plate Supergirl" level creepy. But, it is problematic.)
    Marvel just had angel had sex with a teenager and her mother looking them doing that. it is just some kisses, it's not like Gwen gonna be preying on Miles

Mighty Member

Which Angel, retro Angel or "Apocalypse Horseman" Angel?

I know that Marvel is not writing Gwen as a predator. I am just not sure that it is a good idea for Marvel to endorse the age gap. (And, as stated above, it is not inherently wrong. But....)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Which Angel, retro Angel or "Apocalypse Horseman" Angel?

I know that Marvel is not writing Gwen as a predator. I am just not sure that it is a good idea for Marvel to endorse the age gap. (And, as stated above, it is not inherently wrong. But....)
    Miles is somewhere in between 16 and a half and 17. I would say that he's 17 by the end of CW II if he hadn't reached it already by that point. Gwen on the other hand is 19. That really isn't much of an age gap.
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 12-13-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Mighty Member

Given how slowly characters age, if they age at all, I guestimated Miles to be (at most) 15, based on Bendis' "100 issues = 1 year" rule, or the classic 4:1 rule (realage time). I would have thought Gwen was early 20s.

(I would agree, 16 to 19 would not be less of a question.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle

Given how slowly characters age, if they age at all, I guestimated Miles to be (at most) 15, based on Bendis' "100 issues = 1 year" rule, or the classic 4:1 rule (realage time). I would have thought Gwen was early 20s.

(I would agree, 16 to 19 would not be less of a question.)

Miles' age basically breaks down like this. When Ultimate Peter Parker died and Miles started as Spider-Man he was 13 nearly 14. During his first volume there was an arc called venom war and after venom war there was a one year time skip for Miles. So by the end of his first volume he was almost 15. Then Cataclysm happened and more time passed. Later in USM #200 which was kind of the prologue to Miles second Ultimate volume they held a party that marked the second anniversary of Peter's death. Which at that time put Miles at 15 nearly 16. After this we had a time skip that took them to Secret Wars and another 8 month time skip after Secret Wars. This would make Miles at least 16 and likely 17 by the start of his most current volume.

Gwen is 19. It has been confirmed by the writer of her book Latour. Honestly, I don't think age should be much of a factor in this potential pairing. I mean 17 and 19 really isn't far apart.
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 12-13-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Mighty Member

16-19, let alone 17-19, is much different.

My original objections were based on my (incorrect) understanding of the characters' ages.

16-19, let alone 17-19, is much different.

My original objections were based on my (incorrect) understanding of the characters' ages.
    Some artists draw Miles and other teenagers to look much younger than they are. And the bar scene in Spider-Gwen can be somewhat misleading. So your initial thoughts about the characters' ages are understandable.

At the time of their 'kiss' Miles is 17 and Gwen is 19.