Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Cable, Stryfe , Nate Grey and Legion are also telepaths. Sentry was also supposed to have telepathic abilities but not sure about him though
    Exodus too.
    I'd say the spread across genders is pretty even.
    The greater problem is that about 1/3rd to half of them belong to the Summers/Grey bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I have heard people in real life say that they have fallen in love with someone, much to their own surprise, because the person is of the same sex, and they go with it. They usually label themselves as "bi-sexual" but many bisexuals do have a sexual fluidity based on the personality of the people they encounter.
    Pretty much how it goes sometimes. I would think a telepath would have more affinity to this.

Claremont already covered this; the ultimate intimacy was a favored telepathic expression of his.

http://community.comicbookresources....timacy-Thread!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That's kinda different, isn't it?

BANNED

I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That's kinda different, isn't it?
    No, I think it gets to the heart of what this thread is aiming at. The ultimate intimacy transcends gender and the physical body entirely, and is a manifestation of direct consciousness to consciousness connection/dissolution.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, I think it gets to the heart of what this thread is aiming at. The ultimate intimacy transcends gender and the physical body entirely, and is a manifestation of direct consciousness to consciousness connection/dissolution.
    Ah, ok, I get what you're saying. Yeah, that makes sense. No mortal restrictions, basically. Just pure minds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    For men I can only think of three off the top of my head - Xavier, Quire, and the Shadow King. Other mediums have made Mesmero and/or Mastermind telepaths as well, but those are just that - other mediums (with other interpretations).
    Add Nate Grey, Cable, Exodus, Stryfe, all of the Eternals, the most powerful magicians have psychic abilities, the eternals all have telepathic powers, Apocalypse has some degree of telepathic power, and Sinister has had telepathic powers. Mentallo is a telepath too. Oh and I nearly forgot Gamemaster and Legion. Then there's baby Xavier. There are lots of male telepaths.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I forget those guys because they never really seem to use that powerset - Cable comes across as a telekinetic who has to use the power to keep the TO virus at bay, Stryfe uses 'what the script calls for' as his powerset, Legion has all those personalities where each one has a different powerset, and Nate Grey had the whole 'mutant shaman' thing going on (which was often so loosely defines that it came across the same as Stryfe - plot defined powers). Granted, my reading is often spotty, but most of the telepathic conversations I remember Cable and Nate being involved in were with Jean (making it easy to think she was the initiator of the contact).

Which also makes a bit of a point - Jean is known for Telepathy and Telekinesis (and being the Phoenix host), Betsy and Emma are known primarily for telepathy, where powerwise most of the male telepaths are known for something else (Besides Xavier - even Farook is known more for possession). And Quire is known mostly for being more even punchable than Tony Stark (which HAS to be a power of some kind).
    Stryfe has mentally enslaved people to join the MLF. Cable uses his psychic powers too, for mind reading and for visions, and he has used them for mind control. He trained Synpase of the Uncanny Avengers. Nate faced many other powerful telepaths in combat, Xavier, Jean, Emma, Cable, and Exodus. We've seen Nate Grey instantally telepathically learn languages, do mass mind control, etc. So in your spotting reading you missed a lot.

BANNED

Empath is also a telepath, but mainly limited to emotions, both sensing and controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Empath is also a telepath, but mainly limited to emotions, both sensing and controlling.
    Isn't Empath just, an empath?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Isn't Empath just, an empath?
    Idk he controlled all the people in Nova Roma for a while
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

No, simple.

BANNED

I can see the reason behind this, but I dont think so. It should be dependent on the person and the race of the telepath to decide something like this.

Like I could get behind the notion of someone like the Martian Manhunter being pan-sexual, as he is of an ancient telepathic race, and he can shapeshift, so it would make sense that he wouldn't put much of any weight on outwards appearance and instead focus on mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Idk he controlled all the people in Nova Roma for a while
    By their emotions, right? I couldn't quite finish New Mutants. Claremont's run was epic, but when Simonson took over, it was painful to keep reading.