Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's the most WTF comic you ever read?

Was reading over Screen Rant's list of the craziest Christmas comics ever created and got me wondering what other ridiculous ones are out there.

Here's the article: 15 Most WTF Christmas Comics of All-Time

My pick is the Ultimate Warrior X-Mas Special.

BANNED

It's Boiled Angel. I do not recommend it.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The Unfunnies by Mark Millar and Intersect by Ray Fawkes. Big WTFs and definitely not recommend, both for completely different reasons.

Either Sins Past or One More Day from Spider-Man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Frankencastle.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Another one from Mark Millar, Nemesis.
    It is'nt that bad just way too edgy at times
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I enjoyed Grant Morrison's "The Filth", and Garth Ennis' "Adventures of the Rifle Brigade", but I gotta admit, both are a bit WTF and not something I'd recommend to first time readers.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I enjoyed Grant Morrison's "The Filth", and Garth Ennis' "Adventures of the Rifle Brigade", but I gotta admit, both are a bit WTF and not something I'd recommend to first time readers.
    'Oh, Hitler's Only Got One Ball..."

I guess it would depend.

Are we talking "Why did I just waste the time it took to read that?" or "Serious Curve Ball"?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I read all of Wolverine & Captain America trying to figure out what was going on, before realizing RA Jones just wrote a terrible comic. Ms Marvel doesn't know tactics from her butt, and couldn't find either with two hands and assistance. Captain America's an *******. I thought there'd be an in-story reason.

There's a Zatanna oneshot that never made sense to me, until I found out it was cut down from an already scripted and drawn miniseries and the colorist flubbed it a dozen ways. Pages missing. Details wrong.

For serious curveballs, the climax of Gunsmith Cats: Burst threw me for a loop. They decide to leave a rapey, murdery career criminal in charge of Chicago's organized crime because "better the devil you know," and leave someone she kidnapped, brainwashed, and raped with her in a "romantic relationship," because, well, they seem happy now. I know that's the point, but I wasn't prepped for that at all.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Oink: Heaven's Butcher or The Mindless Oven. I actually liked them both, but they both made me think 'The ****?' :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Diosamante by Jodorosky.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    Diosamante by Jodorosky.
    Jodorowsky's one of the few weird comics types who actually does catch me by surprise even while i have my weirdness guard up.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Uncanny X-Men #400. Just... why??

It gave us the Supreme Pontiff and the Church of Humanity, and nothing good ever came of it. The art was simply frustrating. And this was supposed to be a big anniversary issue.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I can't think of a bigger WTF comic book than Kodomo no Jikan. It contains heavy innuendo. The main protagonist is a total arsehole.
    It's also pedo manga.