Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    It's Boiled Angel. I do not recommend it.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Definitely interested to read this comic!
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Definitely interested to read this comic!
    It's a quite terrible and amateurishly done bunch of serial rapist/killer fantasies and glorification. The saga of Mike Diana and how his civil rights were violated is a lot more interesting than the work itself. I bought it to support free speech and because I don't think comics should be banned.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

It's a quite terrible and amateurishly done bunch of serial rapist/killer fantasies and glorification. The saga of Mike Diana and how his civil rights were violated is a lot more interesting than the work itself. I bought it to support free speech and because I don't think comics should be banned.
    BUT BUT YOU'RE A SJW YOU WANT TO BAN ERRYTHING

The most WTF comics I remember (the rest are distant memories and will hopefully stay that way) were the Warrior Christmas special (SpoonyOne did a great video on that and Wrestlecrap has an entry on it) and this:

http://misterkitty.org/extras/stupid...comics115.html

ANIA was a good idea from what I've read about it and I remember Heru: Son of Ausar being alright but this was just something else.
    For a heads up to anyone who clicks the link, this comic is quite homophobic and transphobic.
    One rumor I've heard is the creator of this comic climbed up the top of the Georgia state capital building and threw down copies of his comics as a promotional stunt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Another one from Mark Millar, Nemesis.
    It is'nt that bad just way too edgy at times
    No it was bad too. A woman's uterus was booby trapped so that she had to give birth to a child born of incest with her gay brother.

Invincible Member

Hmm...probably the Alan Moore HP Lovecraft thing, Neonomicon. But I kinda knew what I was in for.

To tell the truth I've gone WTF way more times watching anime, than reading comics. Usually, cause I mistakenly thought I was viewing some kid's show or teen adventure thing and then being subjected to something really pervy.

BANNED

You want weird?

Go read Fantastic Four issue 292. She Hulk, Human Torch and Sue Storm and Nick Fury go and take on some Nazis and Hitler.

the ending is just bizarre and typical of Marvel anyway back in the day lol. I bought the old issue from the comic book shop pretty cheap

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm not sure that it is glorification, though. The voices and tone of characters are self-important, but that's not quite the same thing. It's not the Peter Sotos version of a comic. At least, not what I've seen.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    No it was bad too. A woman's uterus was booby trapped so that she had to give birth to a child born of incest with her gay brother.
    it's bad but not completely trash IMO.
    it was his eagerness to edgyness in nemsis that killed it.
    that booby trap was the straw for me..if he kept in within reasonable levels of edgyness it might be alright.
    then again it's post marvel mark millar
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    it's bad but not completely trash IMO.
    it was his eagerness to edgyness in nemsis that killed it.
    that booby trap was the straw for me..if he kept in within reasonable levels of edgyness it might be alright.
    then again it's post marvel mark millar
    Yeah, I dropped it after that. I hate it when a badly written comic has good art.

BANNED

I do remember scratching my head after those Teen Titans issues by Gail Simone and Rob Liefeld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #400. Just... why??

It gave us the Supreme Pontiff and the Church of Humanity, and nothing good ever came of it. The art was simply frustrating. And this was supposed to be a big anniversary issue.
    It was also built on a premised that mistook Catholicism for Evangelicals.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I do remember scratching my head after those Teen Titans issues by Gail Simone and Rob Liefeld.
    I own that.

I don't remember one bit about the story other than HAwk and Dove being in it, but I do recall the villain never wore the exact same costume twice in any panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I dropped it after that. I hate it when a badly written comic has good art.
    i hate it when badly written edgy comics get movie deals
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)