View Poll Results: Should Fox have capitalised on the Rogue and Gambit romance in the Movies.

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 64.38%
  • No

26 35.62%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Fox have capitalised on the Rogue and Gambit romance in the Movies.

One of the main weaknesses of fox x-men movies in the 2000s, despite X-Men 1 and X-Men 2 both been ground breaking in the way people viewed comic book movies, was that they dropped the ball with the rogue and gambit romance. I say this noticing how popular, addictive to young fan girls and over exposed Joker and Harley Quinn are in the media and how the joker and harley romance played a huge part in suicide squad's sucess.

I can not put into words how popular and iconic rogue and gambit are in comics, they are without a doubt the most beloved marvel fan romance. no other couple in marvel had more fan fictions, dedicated fansite and fan drawn arts than rogue and gambit. even those who did not read the comics, loved them as a couple because of X-Men TAS 92.

But when the films came around, rogue was kind or boring and in love with bobby? heck, even x-men movie fanfiction writers will end up introducing gambit in the movie universe and have him get it on with rogue.

I would still argue that rogue and gambit are more iconic and beloved than joker and harley quinn, people just need to remember them again. I think the fox movies will have grossed a lot more if rogue and gambit had played a part in the movies as a couple and got the exposure in the media that joker and harley did this summer. warner brothers did a genius thing with the joker and harley romance. their fan base is what made the romance successful and WB played it into the fans territory..

deadpool was the same, the fan base of deadpool made the film successful with the marketing which was ryan renyolds idea not fox. rogue and gambit had the same big fan bases of deadpool and joker and harley quinn. fox should have capitalised on that in the 2000s.

Rogue and gambit were also way cooler, prettier, healthier and actually had a very deep and complex romantic relationship. their no touch rule was also part of the charm and gambit's handsome bad boy attitude drew many fan girls and women into the romance,. rogue and gambit are nothing like joker and harley. harley is basically just a fan girl for the joker to use and dispose and joker/harley are VILLAINS. Although gambit has shown to be a grey character and Rogue also has her demons.

If and when fox reboot x-men movies, I hope they capitalise on the rogue and gambit romance.

Grace Randolph from beyond the trailer even agrees , Although she compared Harley Quinn's popularity to Emma frost's popularity. And again, emma frost is a way better character than Harley Quinn and a lot more interesting than Harley.

-
    Last edited by Selina; 12-12-2016 at 05:51 AM.

Fox should have.....

You could make infinite number of threads starting with that premise lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I agree. Give Rogue her actual power set and charm and you're looking at a romance that could be very popular if done right.

I don't think Singer's Romy would've been all that captivating even if he had gone for it TBH

BANNED

Selina :
    This romance didn't fit with the tone of the movies unless they would make big changes. Rogue from Fox-men and Gambit romance would be much weaker than originals because Rogue was completely different. She didn't had "her demons" and their whole problems would be reduced to "no touching".

Of course i would think that they should but also this romance alone is not enough to change a lot. especially because they would have 10 minutes together divided for 3 movies....

Right now it is not important because they won't use them for many, many years. First we "need" another trilogy about Phoenix and Magneto and Mystique.

We will have Jean and Cyclops love story plus some romance of not X-men(Magneto and someone or Xavier and someone) so there won't be time to show another love story.

BANNED

Capitalized? That crap ruined Rogue. Went from being a A lister to being regulated to the Avengers teams and not in the mix of anything that's important. And Gambit? Look at him today...damn near worthless. You Got characters like Sage and Emma Frost in higher demand than Gambit? That's quite the fall off. lol.

They should've focused on how to make her a badass. Romance can come later.

BANNED

SpiderClops :
    That's true.
    but we can say this about alomost all X-men.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I agree. Give Rogue her actual power set and charm and you're looking at a romance that could be very popular if done right.
    One thing i always wondered was did Rogue have to be a pussy in those movies because Marvel owned Carol, so Rogue couldn't have absorbed her powerset?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    One thing i always wondered was did Rogue have to be a pussy in those movies because Marvel owned Carol, so Rogue couldn't have absorbed her powerset?
    Yeah right. *sarcasm*

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Capitalized? That crap ruined Rogue. Went from being a A lister to being regulated to the Avengers teams and not in the mix of anything that's important. And Gambit? Look at him today...damn near worthless. You Got characters like Sage and Emma Frost in higher demand than Gambit? That's quite the fall off. lol.
    blame that on disney agenda to ruin x-men. thank god I never bought into the uncanny avengers thing

interesting that gambit has been far more popular and interesting in the comics than any MCU character who is not spiderman.

disney unhealthy plan to cripple x-men will always be an epic fail.

rogue an avenger, kitty banging star lord, twins no longer magneto's kids, endless crossover with the inhumans.

if disney had the x-men movie rights, they would have been all over the romy romance. happy they don't have the movie rights but at the same time I want fox to realise what they have and capitalise on it.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-01-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Hell, they should have stuck to comic Rogue's continuity !20 years of continuity completely ignored ! They even made up some goofy way on how she got the white streak in her hair...
    Last edited by mikeb; 12-12-2016 at 06:44 AM. Reason: correct spelling errors

BANNED

Selina :
    blame that on disney agenda to ruin x-men. thank god I never bought into the uncanny avengers thing
    Why not both? No matter what You say about Marvel... You can't say that Fox is better for them. Even if Marvel is trying to ruin them... Fox is few steps ahead.Especially with Rogue and Gambit.

disney unhealthy plan to cripple x-men will always be an epic fail.
    except that this plan is working and X-men are equal to 10% of Marvel sales. Next generation don't care about X-men because they hear more about Avengers. X-men are less and less popular.

happy they don't have the movie rights but at the same time I want fox to realise what they have and they capitalise on it.
    Fox is doing Phoenix saga. This will probably be another trilogy so another 10 years. Maybe after Phoenix again they will have room to use them.

BANNED

CsLv1V8W8AAL5v2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsLv1V8W8AAL5v2.jpg

Even the comic books fan base know this thanks to how immensely popular both couples are. fox dropped the ball on this one.
    Last edited by Selina; 12-12-2016 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Selina :

Why not both? No matter what You say about Marvel... You can't say that Fox is better for them. Even if Marvel is trying to ruin them... Fox is few steps ahead.Especially with Rogue and Gambit.

except that this plan is working and X-men are equal to 10% of Marvel sales. Next generation don't care about X-men because they hear more about Avengers. X-men are less and less popular.

Fox is doing Phoenix saga. This will probably be another trilogy so another 10 years. Maybe after Phoenix again they will have room to use them.

Fox is not responsible for the comic books. x-men comics were great until disney took over.

fox has not ruined x-men movies overall. only mcu fans thinks so because they want x-men to be part of the mcu universe, dumbed down by disney.

mcu fans feelings towards x-men, has no impact to how x-men fans reject the mcu agenda on x-men.

People hear and forget the avengers, X-Men and Spidrman are still their overall their best selling and most popular comic book series for marvel of all time and they own all the best marvel stories and characters.

saying avengers is more popular x-men is like saying iron man is more popular than superman.

Avengers is for kids and disney, these kids grow up and grow out of the avengers. Avengers is newly popular backed up by disney. x-men has been popular of more than half a century and their popularity is not defined by movies or buy kids.

That is why many mcu fans hate movies like X2, TDK, X-Men 1 and DOFP. they are not kid avengers movies.

Logan has already destroyed spiderman: homecoming and GOTG 2. kids will love homecoming and gotg 2. in 10 years they will hate those move and love Logan.

GOTG 2 is a movie about toy commercials, its not a real movie like logan.

http://www.slashfilm.com/baby-groot-...arketing-ploy/
    Last edited by Selina; 12-12-2016 at 06:55 AM.