View Poll Results: Should Fox have capitalised on the Rogue and Gambit romance in the Movies.

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 64.38%
  • No

26 35.62%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Can't believe this topic had two pages in less than two hours, this time of the day... think that says something about how important the characters are to the X-Men lore individually more than they are together.
    Because I was waiting for it every damn x movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Selina :

That's only comic fans. Normal people don't know anything about other X-men because they didn't do anything in the movies.

this smells of desperation. normal people knew about x-men from the comics, they knew the pop culture reference and political analogy and social commentary of x-men. you don't have to read the comics to know the basis of the comics or what you have to do is be alive and not be deaf. no one knew or heard anything about mcu characters before the movies.

forget comic book movies or readers. if you have heard of marvel comics . you must have heard of x-men,spiderman and fantastic 4.

And people want more x-men movies with more x-men characters. they crave and beg for it. which is why deadpool was a smash and people want more spin off x-men movies so more characters can be in it.

The casting of Cable is the hottest acting gig to land Hollywood . people wants the gambit to happen. stop the bs of how fox makes no one to care about x-men characters.

In fox movies there is no reason to care about x-men? oh really? and that is why the same people always praised x-men moves for been more serious and intense while calling mcu movies silly entertainment they dispose after watching. LOL.

one thing you don't realise is that fox faults and fox right doings means disney will still destroy x-men as long as they dont have the film rights.

the more successful x-men brings to fox , the more hate disney will give x-men comics. disney are the villains here.

fox has it faults but they are still the better studio to make x-men movies because fox does not dumb down their comics for kids like disney

fox may have the movie faults, but they have made far more good x-men movies that has gotten more respect fans and crtitics than mcu movies. those are facts.

BANNED

Selina :
    normal people knew about x-men from the comics, they knew the pop culture reference and political analogy and social commentary of x-men. you don't have to read the comics to know the basis of the comics or what you have to do is be alive and not be deaf.
    You are right. Thanks that You agreed with me that people don't know X-men thanks to the movies, because movies didn't help them.

forget comic book movies or readers. if you have heard of marvel comics . you must have heard of x-men,spiderman and fantastic 4.
    Yes people know about Wolverine and Magneto but they don't care about background characters (like X-men for the last 10 years).

The casting of Cable is the hottest acting gig to land Hollywood . people wants the gambit to happen. stop the bs of how fox makes no one to care about x-men characters.
    Some people ? yes
    but Fox don't.
    show me that casting of Cable is the hottest acting gig

In fox movies there is no reason to care about x-men? oh really? and that is why the same people always praised x-men moves for been more serious and intense while calling mcu movies silly entertainment they dispose after watching. LOL.
    like who?
    I asked 2 times in this thread and You didn't give a single reason. Last 10 years was horrible for majority of X-men.

one thing you don't realise is that fox faults and fox right doings means disney will still destroy x-men as long as they dont have the film rights.
    lol.
    no that's not true.

When Fox will create cool X-men movies and new people after watching these movies will be interested again with X-men then Marvel will create more X-men stories. They don't try to destroy Deadpool or Spiderman because they sells. X-men don't because in the movies they don't even have uniforms and they are not cool with the 4 exceptions of course.

the more successful x-men brings to fox , the more hate disney will give x-men comics. disney are the villains here.
    we saw this with Deadpool right? He was killed after his successful movie.
    he is not in any books right?

fox may have the movie faults, but they have made far more good x-men movies that has gotten more respect fans and crtitics than mcu movies. those are facts.
    and thanks to these good movies X-men are less popular.
    as standalone movie DOFP or FC are good. As a trilogy? second trilogy is terrible for popularity of X-men (with 4 exceptions). This trilogy is also terrible for box office and thanks to that Fox has some problems and is forced to make changes. Second trilogy is also terrible as a trilogy.

I prefer ROGUE to be with MAGNETO than with GAMBIT.let the Cajun continue his thing with FRENZY.

BANNED

and thanks to these good movies X-men are less popular.
    as standalone movie DOFP or FC are good. As a trilogy? second trilogy is terrible for popularity of X-men (with 4 exceptions). This trilogy is also terrible for box office and thanks to that Fox has some problems and is forced to make changes. Second trilogy is also terrible as a trilogy.

Says as a MCU fan. thank god the rest of the world sticks to reality on comic book movies.

iron man trilogy was horrible, avengers trilogy is going down the same part, thor trilogy is horrible, the captain amerce trilogy had a weak first movie and an overrated 3rd film.

interesting that x-men has never had two weak movies in a trilogy but mcu has done that twice.

DOFP and X2 blows away all the mcu movies as stand alones. x-men movies usually does a good job exposing how childish, generic and dumb mcu movies really are.

mcu movies are popular in the same way transformers is popuplar. x-men movies are popular in the same way Lord of the rings is popular. people appreciate movies with real story telling over cgi generic crap for kids like mcu movies.

You are right. Thanks that You agreed with me that people don't know X-men thanks to the movies, because movies didn't help them.

except I have said that. hahahaha. nice try.

I said people knew x-men with or without their movies. x-men , F4 and spiderman are the 3 series responsible for marvel's popularity.

x-men is not popular but they still have remained the best selling marvel series off all time along with spiderman.

lol.
    no that's not true.

When Fox will create cool X-men movies and new people after watching these movies will be interested again with X-men then Marvel will create more X-men stories. They don't try to destroy Deadpool or Spiderman because they sells. X-men don't because in the movies they don't even have uniforms and they are not cool with the 4 exceptions of course.

lol at this one. the same people that said x-men movies are the only comic films not dumbed down FOR kids.

what people, the Same people fleeing from mcu movies even when critics pretend they are good because it is marvel?

People take x-men films seriously. people leave their brains at the door for mcu movies.

Fox killed of Logan but killing Deadpool will be too much.

x-men is not popular, but disney and mcu shills are killing themselves just get x-men in the mcu. Marvel war on x-men is more popular than every mcu comic book right now.

when mcu fans tells you x-men movies are uncool and a person like chris nolan and ian mckellen tells you mcu moves are crap but x-men movies are cool because they are not about cgi and mindless jokes.

I wonder who people would easily believe.

How many people have said mcu movies have dumbed down the movie industry? a lot of people/

How many people have said X-Men movies have dumbed down the movie genre? none.

BANNED

Selina :
    Says as a MCU fan. thank god the rest of the world sticks to reality on comic book movies.
    Avengers have better bof office so rest of the world prefer MCU.
    mcu movies are popular in the same way transformers is popuplar. x-men movies are popular in the same way Lord of the rings is popular. people appreciate movies with real story telling over cgi generic crap for kids like mcu movies.
    Except that Lord of the rings have much better Box office. X-men don't.
    I said people knew x-men with or without their movies. x-men , F4 and spiderman are the 3 series responsible for marvel's popularity.
    That was many years ago. We live in 21 century not 20.
    what people, the Same people fleeing from mcu movies even when critics pretend they are good because it is marvel?
    more people flew from Fox-men (look at Apocalypse)
    Fox killed of Logan but killing Deadpool will be too much.
    True, because Deadpool is better for Marvel. X-men are less important because Deadpool alone generates more money than X-men.
    x-men is not popular, but disney and mcu shills are killing themselves just get x-men in the mcu.
    They increased their comics sales by 50% (last five years) i don't see "killing themselves"
    when mcu fans tells you x-men movies are uncool and a person like chris nolan and ian mckellen tells you mcu moves are crap but x-men movies are cool because they are not about cgi and mindless jokes.

I wonder who people would easily believe.
    box office.

ow many people have said mcu movies have dumbed down the movie industry? a lot of people/
    How many people have said X-Men movies have dumbed down the movie genre? none.
    Looking at Your answers? I am afraid for you r health.

please try to understand one thing:
    I don't care about MCU.
    I don't like Fox.
    World is more complicated than MCU and Fox.

It does not matter what You will say about MCU it doesn't change my opinion about Fox. Two different things.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 12-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.

BANNED

Selina :

Avengers have better bof office so rest of the world prefer MCU.

Except that Lord of the rings have much better Box office. X-men don't.

That was many years ago. We live in 21 century not 20.

more people flew from Fox-men (look at Apocalypse)

True, because Deadpool is better for Marvel. X-men are less important because Deadpool alone generates more money than X-men.

They increased their comics sales by 50% (last five years) i don't see "killing themselves"

box office.

Looking at Your answers? I am afraid for you r health.

please try to understand one thing:
    I don't care about MCU.
    I don't like Fox.
    World is more complicated than MCU and Fox.

It does not matter what You will say about MCU it doesn't change my opinion about Fox. Two different things.

so the rest of the world thinks Avatar is the best movie of all time and better than the godfather a film that did not make up to 300m

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha.

MCU fans grasping for their straws. didn't joss whedon say avengers was not a good movie and he was the director of the film?lol

More people flew from fox x-men apocalypse because it was not a good movie and fox can and have done better.

why are people fleeing from MCU movies. and why did people flee from civil war even with the good reviews? civil war happened to make up for age of ultron money loss and civil war could not beat iron man 3. mcu is falling fast, X-Men has yet to reach it's peak.

MCU is falling so hard that an iron man movie is now the star of a spiderman movie. hahahaha. meanwhile X-Men fans don't want deadpool in x-men movies and are tired of wolverine..

When people start using box office you know they have no punches to pull. lol. transformers are some of the best movies ever by your own logic. hahahahahaha

MCU Box office is because of disney marketing strategy. if disney had x-men, x-men will make billions but fans will hate the movies because x-men fans will never accept an x-men movie dumbed down for kids.

the highest grossing star trek movie is also the most fan hated.

No defence is left. hahahahaha lol.

you claim not to like mcu but you love their movies and think they are the best comic book movies when every smart comic book fans hate mcu movies and prefer the good x-men movies or batman movies like tdk, x2, dofp, batman begins and first class.

done and dusted.

I will laugh until next year about the whole. box office means better. hahahahaha that is funnier than the dumb jokes in mcu movies. lol
    Last edited by Selina; 12-12-2016 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

Selina :
    so the rest of the world thinks Avatar is the best movie of all time and better than the godfather a film that did not make up to 300m
    sorry but Godfather have better box office than Avengers
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
    25 The Godfather Par. $679,523,300 $134,966,411 1972
    29 Marvel's The Avengers BV $661,947,300 $623,357,910 2012
    X+men are not in top 200
    do You see a difference? Good movies can have good box office. Even Your example (Lord of The Rings) is much much better financially than X-men. Godfather is leagues above X-men (quality and box office).
    why are people fleeing from MCU movies. and why did people flee from civil war even with the good reviews? civil war happened to make up for age of ultron money loss and civil war could not beat iron man 3.
    Avengers Ultron was bad. true.
    yet there is smaller difference between Avengers(1,518 billion) and Ultron(1,405 billion) than DoFP(747 millions) and Apocalypse(543 millions). Ultron earned 113 millions less. Apo 194 millions less. Or we can use % Ultorn 8% less and Apo 27% less.

X-Men has yet to reach it's peak.
    After X3 X-men were closer to it's peak than after Apo..
    First trilogy adjusted by inflation is better than second
    Whole second trilogy is going backwards.

CU is falling so hard that an iron man movie is now the star of a spiderman movie.
    we will see but I think that we will have less Iron Man than Magneto or Xavier in the Fox tragedy
    plus using Your logic - X-men are falling so hard that they don't have movies and need Magneto, Xavier, Mystique and Wolverine to rescue...

When people start using box office you know they have no punches to pull.
    I used box office during talk about popularity not quality plus i showed that godfather had better box office than Avengers.

transformers are some of the best movies ever by your own logic. hahahahahaha
    more popular not better

you claim not to like mcu but you love their movies and think they are the best comic book movies when every smart comic book fans hate mcu movies and prefer the good x-men movies or batman movies like tdk, x2, dofp, batman begins and first class.
    Stop Your lies.
    That's boring. You know nothing about me. Do You even know how many MCU movies i watched? Which MCU movies i like? Tell me.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I prefer ROGUE to be with MAGNETO than with GAMBIT.let the Cajun continue his thing with FRENZY.
    I'm pretty sure we are ONLY talking about the MOVIES, bro... a sphere in which FRENZY doesn't EXIST, much less have a love interest.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Selina :

sorry but Godfather have better box office than Avengers
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
    25 The Godfather Par. $679,523,300 $134,966,411 1972
    29 Marvel's The Avengers BV $661,947,300 $623,357,910 2012
    X+men are not in top 200
    do You see a difference? Good movies can have good box office. Even Your example (Lord of The Rings) is much much better financially than X-men. Godfather is leagues above X-men (quality and box office).

Avengers Ultron was bad. true.
    yet there is smaller difference between Avengers(1,518 billion) and Ultron(1,405 billion) than DoFP(747 millions) and Apocalypse(543 millions). Ultron earned 113 millions less. Apo 194 millions less. Or we can use % Ultorn 8% less and Apo 27% less.

After X3 X-men were closer to it's peak than after Apo..
    First trilogy adjusted by inflation is better than second
    Whole second trilogy is going backwards.

we will see but I think that we will have less Iron Man than Magneto or Xavier in the Fox tragedy
    plus using Your logic - X-men are falling so hard that they don't have movies and need Magneto, Xavier, Mystique and Wolverine to rescue...

I used box office during talk about popularity not quality plus i showed that godfather had better box office than Avengers.

more popular not better

Stop Your lies.
    That's boring. You know nothing about me. Do You even know how many MCU movies i watched? Which MCU movies i like? Tell me.

LOL at box office again. so movies like avatar are still the best movies of the 2000s and transformer was the best movie of the summer in 2009 usa and twilight movies were some of the best films of the last 8 years.lol

lol, you had no idea when I said x-men has not reached it peaked. x-men's singer has gotten stale not x-men itself. they need a fresh start with good film marketing strategy and their box office will blow up again. mcu has nothing anymore.

Deadpool is an x-men character and his film has made more than all the mcu movies apart from the iron man and avengers movie with no china box office and an r rated rating.

Look at box office again with batman movies. batman movies were doing x-men box office numbers before nolan and ledger came along. that is what will likely happen to x-men and before nolan or ledger, batman was still very popular. box office has never been the true measure of popularity. Superman is the most popular hero of all time and his highest grossing film is not even up to 700 million dollars

MCU has gotten more stale in less than a decade and they cant start over. they are begging fox to give the rights to x-men and throwing iron man in all their movies.pathetic.

By my logic people don't want xavier, magneto or mystique anymore or JLAW. a rogue and gambit movie done suicide squad style would have been a huge sucess. You wont have less iron man. he is disney milk and bread. one minute you claim not to care about mcu then you defend the mcu.

the only thing laughable now is you trying to claim you dont like mcu movies when you have said mcu movies are better than the x-men movies and have said many times x-men needs to be in the mcu. only mcu lovers cook that bad tasty food

it is only people that like mcu movies that can argue that mcu movies are better than the great x-men movies and you have done that so many times and failed at it resulting to lies that only mcu fans tell about x-men movies since their own movies are kids Disney crap.

Only mcu fans will try to say I am wrong, when I quoting facts.

only mcu fans will say, don't listen to guys like nolan or ian mckellen, two of the most respected film artists in the world who were in films like X2 and TDK. look at box office for the answers. the same box office disney has managed to master just to sell toys to kids with crap generic comic book movies like the mcu movies.lol
    Last edited by Selina; 12-12-2016 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

Selina :
    LOL at box office again. so movies like avatar are still the best movies of the 2000s and transformer was the best movie of the summer in 2009 usa and twilight movies were some of the best films of the last 8 years.lol
    As i said few times earlier: They are more popular. I didn't write that they are better.
    lol, you had no idea when I said x-men has not reached it peaked. x-men's singer has gotten stale not x-men itself. they need a fresh start with good film marketing strategy and their box office will blow up again.
    true. They need changes.
    mcu has nothing anymore.
    and? Did i said that they should join MCU? no
    Marvel can also make some changes.
    Fox is worse and worse.
    Deadpool is an x-men character and his film has made more than all the mcu movies apart from the iron man and avengers movie with no china box office and an r rated rating.
    because Deadpool ignored all Fox rules.
    Look at box office again with batman movies. batman movies were doing x-men box office numbers before nolan and ledger came along. that is what will likely happen to x-men and before nolan or ledger, batman was still very popular. box office has never been the true measure of popularity. Superman is the most popular hero of all time and his highest grossing film is not even up to 700 million dollars
    really? then why Batman always have better sales in comics? has better box office? Batman is The Superhero.
    By my logic people don't want xavier, magneto or mystique anymore or JLAW.
    ok
    a rogue and gambit movie done suicide squad style would have been a huge sucess.
    true because this movie would brake Fox weak rules.
    You wont have less iron man. he is disney milk and bread. one minute you claim not to care about mcu then you defend the mcu.
    We will see. For some reason i think that Spiderman will do most in his movie. If not Marvel will make the same mistake as Fox.

the only thing laughable now is you trying to claim you dont like mcu movies when you have said mcu movies are better than the x-men movies and have said many times x-men needs to be in the mcu. only mcu lovers cook that bad tasty food
    as a comic fan mostly i prefer MCU movies (i won't watch majority of them) but thanks to that i will have more and better X-men comics.

Only mcu fans will try to say I am wrong, when I quoting facts.
    no. Things You created are not facts.
    only mcu fans will say, don't listen to guys like nolan or ian mckellen,
    lie
    two of the most respected film artists in the world who were in films like X2 and TDK.
    I wrote in this thread that X2 is good but second trilogy is terrible. How many times You will repeat that X2 is good when i already agreed with You?
    look at box office for the answers.
    when we are talking about popularity? correct choice

Astonishing Member

Not gonna get involved with MCU vs XCU.

I think it could be a lot of fun. Movie Rogue would have to be 'rebooted', but that would be a win-win, because movie rogue was terrible.

Despite myself not participating in them I find it really funny that literally every thread about the FOX X-men movies sooner or later looks exactly the same as the previous one million threads. Im not judging anyone here but you guys must really enjoy talking in circles and having discussions that never end up anywhere because nobody will ever change his mind.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Hell, they should have stuck to comic Rogue's continuity !20 years of continuity completely ignored ! They even made up some goofy way on how she got the white streak in her hair...
    Same with Storm, down to the hair....

WTF Singer!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

They couldn't even do the Cyclops and Jean relationship justice, I doubt the Rogue and Gambit one would do any better at the hands of those nincompoops at Fox.