Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Different names for Red Robin

So from what I've seen, lots of people don't like Tim Drake's name as 'Red Robin'.
    I've heard his name should be "Redwing" or just "Robin". What other names would suit him?
    Favorite DC Characters
    1. Tim Drake
    2. Deathstroke
    3. Wonderwoman
    4. Shiva
    5. Dick Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by pdiz View Post
    So from what I've seen, lots of people don't like Tim Drake's name as 'Red Robin'.
    I've heard his name should be "Redwing" or just "Robin". What other names would suit him?
    "Redwing" use to be his car.

And I'm not sure how many people don't like his name vs. how many people really don't like his character as it was executed in the New52+ versions.

(As for going back to just "Robin", that would seem to be a downgrade for Tim now because of an annoying pre-teen who's been using that moniker for a while.)

BANNED

Batwing was Batmans plane

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Batwing was Batmans plane
    Also a comic book character(s).

I've never considered it until now, but Red Robin, or ANY 2-part name for a superhero (or basically 3 syllable), sounds immeasurably tacky when said out loud. Hearing another character call him Red Robin instead of Tim makes me weary a little. - he can't really be Redwing because of Marvel's (most likely) patent on that. But I mean, Nightwing got his from Superman, and it isn't really affiliated with the terms "robin" or "bat" at all. Maybe Tim should get his froo........oh god... as I was typing I just realized that Nightwing was a character from Superman's old storyline in the past, could Tim take a name from another prior superhero? Maybe... oh idk Nite Owl? DCU Watchmen tie in BOOM! Also, I still think Tim was taken by Ozymandias.

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    I've never considered it until now, but Red Robin, or ANY 2-part name for a superhero (or basically 3 syllable), sounds immeasurably tacky when said out loud. Hearing another character call him Red Robin instead of Tim makes me weary a little. - he can't really be Redwing because of Marvel's (most likely) patent on that. But I mean, Nightwing got his from Superman, and it isn't really affiliated with the terms "robin" or "bat" at all. Maybe Tim should get his froo........oh god... as I was typing I just realized that Nightwing was a character from Superman's old storyline in the past, could Tim take a name from another prior superhero? Maybe... oh idk Nite Owl? DCU Watchmen tie in BOOM! Also, I still think Tim was taken by Ozymandias.
    Wouldn't the Owl theme be at odds with the Batfamily ? I mean, the Court of Owls is an enemy of Batman. Then again, it could be interesting to have Tim taking a Watchmen's nickname, and having a "good owl" against the evil ones.

Could just go with "Thrasher" to stay with the bird theme.

Chicken Nuggets It's in keeping with the bird and fast food theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Wouldn't the Owl theme be at odds with the Batfamily ? I mean, the Court of Owls is an enemy of Batman. Then again, it could be interesting to have Tim taking a Watchmen's nickname, and having a "good owl" against the evil ones.
    Considering Tim is currently being held by Oz, it would be very fitting if picked the name (or maybe even a little help from Nite Owl II) during the next arcs of Rebirth.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pdiz View Post
    Best Robin (Except that I think Steph was best, but I'm weird).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

He'd have to change his costume right away, which I'd miss. But yeah, making him the new Nite Owl would probably do wonders for his character. Then again it would probably give Alan Moore a heart attack, so there's a downside

I could imagine Tim teaming up with Daniel during the Rebirth storyline, since the 2 are kind of similar. And then taking the name to honor his legacy.

Drumstick.

But for real yeah having robin in his codename doesn't feel like an codename he could transition into adulthood with like Nightwing or red hood. Maybe like Red Knight or something that maintains the "red" part since that would make the association with him and the new codename easier.

BANNED

Ok, now I have an urge to see fan art of Tim as the new Nite Owl. I wish I could draw

Astonishing Member

Robin Red is probably the best we can hope for.

At least, it's not a burger chain.

If Batman is just going to be all dark knight all the time, let Tim be The Caped Crusader (or just Caped Crusader without the "the") and of course his friends can just call him "Cape."