Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Female superheros are just kind of the trend right now that's all this is. Trendy new and sometimes old female superheros like Spider Gwen,Spider Woman,Squirrel Girl and Silk are leading the way
    They are not leading.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-11.html

101 Spider-Gwen 14 $3.99 Marvel 28,906
    139 Silk 14 $3.99 Marvel 18,987
    150 Spider-Woman 13 $3.99 Marvel 16,386
    170 Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 14 $3.99 Marvel 12,933

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I think the commentator was talking about the characters themselves within the pages of their comics not how they're selling which is honestly true it's sad to since many of those titles are really top quality in my opinion but at the same time I realize that what I view as quality not everyone else will but in my opinion I think they're top quality.

BANNED

I can't believe Squirrel Girl is at 170th place... it's too high lol who buys this book is just beyond me. I don't even read it for free...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    For example, take the facebook. If you put top model photo in your profile instead of your real photo, you will have a lot of fans. Now tell me this is a real your popularity or cheating?
    So you think that big corporations like Marvel and DC...

A. Give a **** about 'cheating' (which is really just marketing strategy)
    B. Will pass on MORE money
    C. Won't take an opportunity to please the newly growing female market

You're illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I can't believe Squirrel Girl is at 170th place... it's too high lol who buys this book is just beyond me. I don't even read it for free...
    For real though, don't sleep on squirrel girl... powers are lit.

Listen, ANW is a straight series. It keeps me interested like the old comics used to. She battled Cap, battled Logan, discovered new allies, was tricked by an evil nemesis. These are classic quality story types that are what moved comic readers for years. And that all just happened within 14 issues! People want to see what's in next month's issue, and that's what sells in the long run, not "oh we have to re-release a bunch of "1st issues" and "have a gigantic universe tie in" to sell out ****. People who want to follow a single issue and enjoy a character can with this title right now.
    Last edited by thefiresky; 12-13-2016 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    For real though, don't sleep on squirrel girl... powers are lit.
    Even if she beated Galactus, i wouldn't care... there is no way on earth that make me buy a squirrel girl book... not even it's free. I know what i like doesn't make the most sense on the world. Same goes for all comics but there is a line which i won't pass and that's squirrel girl. lol

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

See all you Marvel Fan detractors saying "everyone is unhappy just to unhappy with the X-Men", you put out a concept/ product people like, you get a favorable reaction and enthusiasm in return. So far the solos have been met with positive feedback (outside of Jean Grey, kind of 50/50 there). No one's bandwagon hating, they just don't particularly like a great deal of whats been announced. No worries.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

For example, take the facebook. If you put top model photo in your profile instead of your real photo, you will have a lot of fans. Now tell me this is a real your popularity or cheating?
    It's cheating. But I bet if Wolverine was a brand new character (aka 10 years old), he too would be marketed in a way it might be stealing the spotlight from others. X23 might be 10 yrs old but only hardcore comic fans will know that. The more casual ones will be easier to pull in using a name like Wolverine, which even the most clueless of people know about it. I get it, I'm a big adult Cyclops fans and while I enjoy having Tyke around, I do feel adult Cyclops is more likely to stay dead as long as Tyke is around.

I think you're real issue is that you feel as long as X23 had the Wolverine name, then the real Wolverine won't come back.

Which is a stupid thing to be thinking! The following mantles are currently being used by multiple heroes:
    • Power Man (Luke CagePower Man and Iron Fist, Victor AlvarezNew Avengers)
    • Spider-Man (Peter ParkerAmazing Spider-Man, Miles MoralesSpider-Man, Miguel O'HaraSpider-Man 2099)
    • Spider-Woman (Jessica DrewSpider-Woman, Mattie FranklinSilk/Clone Conspiracy, Gwen StacySpider-Gwen)
    • Captain America (Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Roberta MendezSpider-Man 2099, Danielle CageU.S.Avengers/Jessica Jones)
    • Hulk (Amadeus ChoTotally Awesome Hulk, Jennifer WaltersHulk)
    • Iceman (Young and Adult versions)
    • Beast (Young and Adult versions)
    • Human Torch (Jim HammondAll-New Invaders/Squadron Supreme, Johnny StormUncanny Inhumans/Uncanny Avengers)
    • Nova (Sam Alexander and Richard Rider)

Though not yet confirmed, there may be a fourth Spider-Woman (MJ Watson from Renew Your Vows) and two Spider-Girls (Annie Parker from RYV and Anya Corazon of 616). There was also two White Tigers, but Ava Ayala has quit superheroics as of New Avengers #18. And we don't know if Dr Positron was joking about becoming another Iron Fist, in that same comic.

So why is there a problem if Logan is resurrected and resumes the Wolverine mantle, but Laura also keeps using the name?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-13-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Laura appears under the title of New Wolverine. Marvel seems to understand the difference.
    All New is just a prefix because she wasn't called Wolverine before. And well, it's still Wolverine on the title instead of X-23 like you said it should. We all got what I meant(I hope), no need to play dumb.

The problem is that Laura does not honoring the Logan's legacy. The main plots it is her past and her enemies. Logan only rarely appears in her memoirs. Laura does not have any contacts with Wolverine friends and Wolverine enemies. No contact with the school and Storm. In fact, the only thing the Wolverine legacy, which is in ANW - Wolverine costume.

If Laura takes care of her younger sister, it's just because she wants to take care of her younger sister. She can do this even without wearing Wolverine costume and his name.
    She's(at least trying) to honor his legacy by being a superhero, as Wolverine. Is pretty simple.