Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Unfortunately I think you're right. MJ and Peter's marriage isn't going to come back as long any time soon I feel.
    Never say never. Remember that Marvel had tried dumping MJ in the late 90's/early 00's too but then Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movie came along and placed her front and centre, so they had JMS send Peter and Aunt May packing across the country to bring her back. Considering the attention Zendaya's casting has been getting for the new movie (and if she is indeed playing MJ) and if RYV continues to stay above the regular ASM, I could see OMD being reversed. The return of the Supermarriage has definitely brought the idea outside of the realm of impossibility.

Ultimate Member

Though doesn't Quesada still hate the marriage...he's the reason that they split up in the first place remember...

BANNED

somacula:
    It had an 6k loss from last month, while books such as ANXM have stabilised around 32k sales (less than 1k loss per month), if it keeps on bleeding readers things might look dire
    We can also go and check last two issues:

All New X-Men 13 $3.99 Marvel 34,687
    All New X-Men 15 $3.99 Marvel 31,668
    lost 3,019

Uncanny X-Men 13 $3.99 Marvel 39,825
    Uncanny X-Men 15 $3.99 Marvel 36,946
    lost 2,879

Extraordinary X-Men 14 $3.99 Marvel 39,265
    Extraordinary X-Men 16 $3.99 Marvel 34,630
    lost 4,635

Uncanny Avengers 14 $3.99 Marvel 34,996
    Uncanny Avengers 16 $3.99 Marvel 32,854
    lost 2,142

or 3 issues:

All New X-Men 12 $3.99 Marvel 39,289
    All New X-Men 15 $3.99 Marvel 31,668
    lost 7,621

Uncanny X-Men 12 $3.99 Marvel 42,74
    Uncanny X-Men 15 $3.99 Marvel 36,946
    lost 5,794

Extraordinary X-Men 13 $3.99 Marvel 45,037
    Extraordinary X-Men 16 $3.99 Marvel 34,63
    lost 10,407

Uncanny Avengers 13 $3.99 Marvel 37,908
    Uncanny Avengers 16 $3.99 Marvel 32,854
    lost 5,054

it is not terrible. Uncanny Avengers are losing readers slowly (after first tragic volume). Other X-men titles are losing readers faster.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though doesn't Quesada still hate the marriage...he's the reason that they split up in the first place remember...
    He does and he isn't the only Marvel employee. As I said to John Ossie, they tried killing Mary Jane in the 90's and when that didn't stick, sent her away to the West Coast. But then when the first Raimi film that self-professed to be about Peter & MJ's romance became a groundbreaking success, and its most iconic scene was the upside down kiss, they had no choice but to bring her back.

Similarly if Zendaya's portrayal becomes a big hit in the reboot (assuming she is MJ i.e.), if RYV maintains its momentum, and considering how DC had to bring back Clark & Lois's marriage despite a hard "No marriages for superheroes!" rule during the early years of the New 52, then they may just shrug and let the Spider-Marriage return. Everything in comics is cyclical after all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Now let's see how our distinguished competition aka the inhumans is doing...

Wow, I see why the direct market has problems.

Honestly, Marvel and DC should increase their efforts to by pass the retailers seeing as some of them are hesitant in selling their own product.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Honestly, Marvel and DC should increase their efforts to by pass the retailers seeing as some of them are hesitant in selling their own product.
    No, this is Marvel blatantly fluffing sales numbers. As the retailers say, they know what the demand is in their stores.

There are times when the market misses something that Marvel genuinely knows will be in demand and helps the retailers, than there are times they start sending them excessive amounts of copies of books the retailers already know they can't sell.

But, of course, it must be that the retailers are incompetent, right?

Old Man Logan still the strongest monthly X-series, so I can't imagine them ending it when ResurrXion starts. Especially since he's clearly sticking around on the Gold team and running Weapon X. Hopefully we get an announcement soon about the start of a new arc like we did for Laura's book on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    But, of course, it must be that the retailers are incompetent, right?
    Competent businessmen don't talk shit on Twitter about the people are putting food on their table. If Marvel turns it's back on the direct market they are done. It's that simple. Do you think they can survive only selling their hip indie titles? Don't make yourself ridiculous.
    If it makes them feel better though they can post a picture on Twitter of their store closing or them being fired because the income no longer justifies keeping their job.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Reatilers know their demands, that one said he specifically ordered zero of mosaic #3 because he couldn't sell any of #2 and only one #1, why waste your efforts on a book you can barely sell when you could easily sell old man Logan or X men

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Competent businessmen don't talk shit on Twitter about the people are putting food on their table. If Marvel turns it's back on the direct market they are done. It's that simple. Do you think they can survive only selling their hip indie titles? Don't make yourself ridiculous.
    If it makes them feel better though they can post a picture on Twitter of their store closing or them being fired because the income no longer justifies keeping their job.
    There's the catch, those mosaic issues they get for "free" actually have a cost attached to them and in the long run since they're unable to sell them they waste space that could be used for other comics, Marvel has abused the direct market system with the help of diamond by making retailers order useless comics in order for retailers to access the really valuable variants or God knows what else... You say you work in retail in Germany, well in America is different, you gotta deal with diamond and marvel screwing you over every month and forcing you to order crap in order to get the truly valuable stuff, Marvel will never give up direct distribution because the system can be used at their advantage but can also screw them over for book with low demand.

Also most comic book shops at this point compliment medium to large amount of their earning with card games like magic, or table top games like warhammer 40k or maybe D & D, and host tournaments where they can get a cut. So belive me, not all eggs are in the comic basket for any smart retailers
    Last edited by somacula; 12-14-2016 at 10:29 AM.