Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Default SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL- Young Animal

I didn't see another thread of this, but forgive me if there is one.

Anybody reading this? Easily my favorite current title. Really loving it. Loma is a lot of fun and her insertion into Megan's life is just so rich and interesting.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-12-2016 at 10:25 PM.

I'm loving it too. It's second only to Doom Patrol for me.

Fantastic Member

Loving it. Peter Milligan's Shade the Changing Man is my all time favorite comic book run so it's hard (or maybe easy) to satisfy me with the Shade concept but the new series is doing it very well. Sales may not be high but I think Young Animal books will be around for a while. I love all of them but Doom Patrol and Shade are my top choices.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Loving it. Peter Milligan's Shade the Changing Man is my all time favorite comic book run so it's hard (or maybe easy) to satisfy me with the Shade concept but the new series is doing it very well. Sales may not be high but I think Young Animal books will be around for a while. I love all of them but Doom Patrol and Shade are my top choices.
    I will (sadly) admit to not having read Milligan's Shade, the Changing Man series. I'll have to, as I have read the JFK issue and loved it.

I haven't looked at the sales for Shade, the Changing Girl but I hope DC is wise enough to give the YOUNG ANIMAL line time to grow and room to breathe. I feel like this is a series that will gain traction with word of mouth and TPB sales. It's such a gem.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-13-2016 at 01:20 PM.

I love how flawed all the characters are, and how Loma plays into the "manic pixie dream girl" cliche with her remote-operating of Megan's body. Really spins that trope on its head, intentionally or not. She is literally a "dream" girl. A girl made out of dreams and ideas.

I think Megan is going to take over Shade's body.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I will (sadly) admit to not having read Milligan's Shade, the Changing Man series. I'll have to, as I have read the JFK issue and loved it.

I haven't looked at the sales for Shade, the Changing Girl but I hope DC is wise enough to give the YOUNG ANIMAL line time to grow and room to breathe. I feel like this is a series that will gain traction with word of mouth and TPB sales. It's such a gem.
    OMG Shade is something else after American Scream storyline. Between issues 20-50 are as good as novels from Italo Calvino or Paul Auster. I also think that Milligan's Shade is a rare example of "emotional comic'. I cried for days for the issue 50. The series hooks you with the characters like good old friends.