Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Maxima (DC Comics) vs Gladiator (Marvel)

Who takes this?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Has Maxima DONE anything on Gladiator's level?

I vaguely recall her being a decent fight for Post Crisis Superman, but...

Can she take him out mentally? Because I seriously doubt she's dealing with him physically. And that's assuming she doesn't just get blitzed into paste.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

She held her own against Doomsday and has teleportation abilities which should make for a good counter for Gladiator's speed.

No they don't make a good counter because she needs to *think* to teleport first . Maxima has Superman-ish level superspeed herself though

She wins if it's speed equalised via mental shenanigans

Besides Gladiator being near-Superman level in his abilities, he also has telepathic resistance of quite a high degree that rebounds the TP back at attacker.

Spectacular Member

i don't think Maxima has on panel nanosecond or light speed feats. The best we have is Clark saying she's fast. Glads has one nanosecond feat IIRC.

I agree if that speed was equalised Maxima would win bec of TP. Maxima was able to one-shot Orion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Besides Gladiator being near-Superman level in his abilities, he also has telepathic resistance of quite a high degree that rebounds the TP back at attacker.
    All of this is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    i don't think Maxima has on panel nanosecond or light speed feats. The best we have is Clark saying she's fast. Glads has one nanosecond feat IIRC.

I agree if that speed was equalised Maxima would win bec of TP. Maxima was able to one-shot Orion.
    Maxima's "first" appearance had her outright blitzing (an admittedly out of sorts ) Superman

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/j..._superman2.jpg
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 12-13-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Like TDK said, this is basically all incorrect, but just addressing the "near-Superman level" thing, Glads is WAAAAAAAAY too dangerous for post-Crisis or nu-Supes.

He's stronger than post-Crisis and much, much, much, much faster than either of them.

He'd have punched Supes' head off before Supes even knew the fight had started.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Maxima's "first" appearance had her outright blitzing (an admittedly out of sorts ) Superman

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/j..._superman2.jpg
    Was this before or after Clark trained to use his superspeed properly under Mongul Jr.? IIRC, he has only multi-mach reflex speed until he did that.

Spectacular Member

Eh, I don't really think of both Glads and Maxima as super speed fighters. (especially Maxima) They are nowhere near as consistent as WW or Superman when it comes to using super speed in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Was this before or after Clark trained to use his superspeed properly under Mongul Jr.? IIRC, he has only multi-mach reflex speed until he did that.
    Clark Kent reached near light speed (then fainted attempting FTL) under Byrne itself . He was also doing things like working out "a dozen different reactions" in a microsecond as a teenager and circling the globe to turn up in pursuit behind Toyman's drones chasing him within the same page /couple of panels so that he ends up chasing them. The circling the globe thing is implied to happen before he finished his own sentence. The drones don't move too much, if at all in the time Superman circles the globe

All of this is from the original '80s Byrne run alone
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 12-13-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    Eh, I don't really think of both Glads and Maxima as super speed fighters. (especially Maxima) They are nowhere near as consistent as WW or Superman when it comes to using super speed in combat.
    Maxima, yes. Glads, not so much.

Also, if she tries psionic shenanigans, she better hope she's stronger than Rachel Grey. Which I really don't think she is.
    Last edited by Primetime Harder; 12-13-2016 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Maxima, yes. Glads, not so much.

Also, if she tries psionic shenanigans, she better hope she's stronger than Rachel Grey. Which I really don't think she is.
    That last speed feat? Where he catches the bullet?

That's an entire comic of him having an internal monolog after the bullet is fired, and then catching it near the end, IIRC.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Doesn't she have tk as well as tp?