Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    surely there still are Beast fans (go check tumblr), like me after character assisination for all these years. But with this issue out, I'm not sure who I'm more angry with,Marvel who throws Beast under bus for absolutely no need or old Beast and his overreaction to Emma and Storm's attack plan. Don't know if Marvel wants to kill him off righteously to make space for young Beast. True or not, but if Beast's character keep being written this way, maybe death and being in limbo for a while is the best way to prevent this character from further damage.
    You might be right. The writers have not written Beast right in a long time. Bringing the O5 into the future, joining the Illuminati before SW, hanging out with the Inhumans, etc.

I miss the old Beast. The bubbly, joyful, happy go lucky Hank.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    loved it. come back to me, my x-men
    LOL. More like "To me, my X-Men!"
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    HAHA your such a hater.
    If it's any consolation, Magneto's involvement/knowledge/whatever doesn't make any sense either. I mean, had Mags' and 'Ro been in on it, then what the efff was that CW2 tie-in even about, lol?

As was pointed out in another thread, the only reason for Dox/IvX to make any sense would be for them to exist in a separate continuity. Oh well.

BANNED

RCX :
    Rogue seemed very out of character and so did Forge. The Forge I know would have taken a side.
    last time she attacked another hero ... Earth was destroyed partially (mostly) because of her. i think that she acted in character.

Dark Knight1047:
    Even though she voted no, I bet she ends up fighting alongside the X-Men.
    I hope that You are right but after Battle of Atom, AvX, Schism i expect nothing
    after AXIS, Standoff i think that Rogue can do anything only in Avengers events.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I'll give it to you yes he tried to be peacefully and reasonable. But "Leaving the Planet" is the most stupid idea ever. What Planet will they find??? Is it even breathable??? How are they going to get there etc.

Beast Tried he did, but it's not fair that I a mutant should leave a Planet I grew up on and love very much leave for some other race to flourish and thrive while i'm dying.....No.
    Agreed. They shouldn't have to, especially when the Inhumans have the means to live somewhere else and have done so in the past. I just think the writers are not doing Hank any favors. It's like they chose him to be the mutant to be the screw up again.

I don't believe for one second though that Hank was going back to the Inhumans to snitch on the X-Men. I think he truly wanted to go back to try and fix the mist so that it wouldn't affect mutants.

But I don't blame Ororo and the others for not letting him. Heck, if I was in their place and with everything on the line, I wouldn't chance him or anyone to muck things up. He should be locked up until this is over.

Rogue though? Nah. While she voted no, I have a feeling she will eventually join them in fighting the Inhumans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    If it's any consolation, Magneto's involvement/knowledge/whatever doesn't make any sense either. I mean, had Mags' and 'Ro been in on it, then what the efff was that CW2 tie-in even about, lol?

As was pointed out in another thread, the only reason for Dox/IvX to make any sense would be for them to exist in a separate continuity. Oh well.
    Your not wrong in fact everything is out of whack and To be really honest this whole thing doesn't make sense. But becasue IVX issue #1 was good. I'm just going to go with the flow

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    RCX :

last time she attacked another hero ... Earth was destroyed partially (mostly) because of her. i think that she acted in character.

Dark Knight1047:

I hope that You are right but after Battle of Atom, AvX, Schism i expect nothing
    after AXIS, Standoff i think that Rogue can do anything only in Avengers events.
    That's why I hate her being in Avengers books. She belongs with the X-Men. Not because she's a mutant, but because they're her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    IVX Vol 1 3

• New Attilan is conquered. Medusa and her generals are being held prisoner as the X-Men prepare to cleanse the world of the Terrigen Cloud.

• Could this be the end of Inhuman progeny?

• Now, the only hope for the Inhuman legacy rests in the hands of an unlikely crew of young Inhumans.

IVX Vol 1 4

Solicit SynopsisEdit

• The young Inhumans devise a crazy plan to infiltrate Muir Island… The only thing standing in their way: the master of magnetism himself, MAGNETO.

• Meanwhile, Medusa and the other royals mount a desperate effort to escape from the mutants’ prison in Limbo...

• ...and an X-Man changes sides!!

They need to sell the image of these new characters in some way and nothing would have as much impact as defeating classic X-mens with years of experience .
    Oh, I get it! The "young Inhumans" get to fight Magneto like the young X-Men did in 1963 and the "All New" group did off of Muir Island in UNCANNY #104. I didn't pay any attention to this solicitation before.

I really enjoyed IvX #1! Great job all around, and it is SO good to see the mutants work together again! But I forgot about those solicits for the upcoming issues. So I should pay $6.00 a book to see the X-Men set up as straw-characters for the young Inhumans to fight? I certainly hope the rest of this limited series isn't going to be so simple and obvious! I like seeing the mutants win for a change! I like seeing the arrogance of the Inhumans knocked off their haughty faces.

But oh sh*t, I guess it's true...the set up for events like this is the "bad" guys seem to win first, then the "heroes" triumph. Problem is, I think more people are rooting for the X-Men to kick Inhuman ass.

An X-Man changes sides...let's see, who could that be? Rogue? Yeah, my bet is on Rogue so she can continue on in UNCANNY AVENGERS.

Some of you-all are very observant and way too cynical and smart for your years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Agreed. They shouldn't have to, especially when the Inhumans have the means to live somewhere else and have done so in the past. I just think the writers are not doing Hank any favors. It's like they chose him to be the mutant to be the screw up again.

I don't believe for one second though that Hank was going back to the Inhumans to snitch on the X-Men. I think he truly wanted to go back to try and fix the mist so that it wouldn't affect mutants.

But I don't blame Ororo and the others for not letting him. Heck, if I was in their place and with everything on the line, I wouldn't chance him or anyone to muck things up. He should be locked up until this is over.

Rogue though? Nah. While she voted no, I have a feeling she will eventually join them in fighting the Inhumans.
    Yeah your right. We don't know if he was going to snitch or not. Rogue is going to fight you see nobody freaked out when storm zapped the shit out of him. It sucks to be a Beast Fan it really does, but i'll give him props and credit for trying.

BANNED

Dark Knight1047:
    That's why I hate her being in Avengers books. She belongs with the X-Men. Not because she's a mutant, but because they're her family.
    That family kicked her from combat rosters and gave her order to be with Avengers.
    but yes she belongs with X-men. You are right. Still good story is better than bad story.

An X-Man changes sides...let's see, who could that be? Rogue? Yeah, my bet is on Rogue so she can continue on in UNCANNY AVENGERS.
    as long as Rogue is removed from X-men combat rosters and has orders from X-men leader to be with Avengers i prefer Rogue with Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I had hoped to post this in the main Marvel thread (nothing against you X-guys, it's just I like posting about Marvel events in the Marvel forum). But things apparently got shut down, so I'll give some quick thoughts:

I enjoyed this issue a lot. I've taken the position that I love the Inhumans, but they need to ultimately lose here. After this issue, it's hard to say. One thing that helps even out the narrative is to make them underdogs and they certainly got walloped here. It was great to see mutants (who usually aren't all that united) teaming up to take out key opponents quite effectively. But mutants can't win too quickly or else the story will just end. However, their success made Beast look like a jackass. Less than 20 pages after saying that mutants can't win, they win a resounding victory.

Two things I noticed:
    First, I like that Forge had to invent something to destroy the cloud (and no one knows how long that's taken). After using Alchemy in Death of X, I started to wonder just how easy it is to destroy the cloud. I'm glad it isn't as simple as zapping it.
    Second, the X-teams seem to actually still be at an informational disadvantage. They planned a lot to take out Black Bolt, the RIV, and Karnak. However, Old Man Logan had to point out how important Lockjaw is. Even then, no one has brought up Iso (who can be almost as much of a tactical threat as Karnak) and Reader. Should hopefully lead to some interesting moments in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They might have meant clozapine and that used the generic name instead. But that would give Lockjaw a chance of developing agranulocytosis.
    LOL! Lockjaw is not really a dog! Dog form and teleportation is what happened to him when he was exposed to the crystals. Maybe a whole bottle of Clonazepam or Klonopin (that would kill a human) affects Inhumans like a horse tranquillizer. In any case, I think that might be one of the better moments of Lockjaw history in 50+ years of comics. Apparently everyone in the Marvel Universe thinks he's a dog, anyway.

BANNED

Woa the marvel forum is in full shut it down mode! And with no explanation! I'll refrain from voicing my opinion because it might get me banned

Very good issue... though the inevitable turning point with the X-Men vilified then saved by the Inhumans' decision to leave Earth instead of fighting any more will probably disgust me just like the AvX and AXIS resolutions.
    Anyhoo... Favourite panels...
    Yass, White Queen!!! Yass!!!
    ivx1.jpg
    So much win in one panel. Storm finally regrowing a pair AND doing so by blasting that gene-traitor Old Beast. I hope Beast gets HIS x-gene sucked out, turned into an Inhuman somehow, then made to leave Earth with the Royals. He deserves it.
    ivx2.jpg
    You're coming along well, Jeen.
    ivx3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    This was such a fun read. I constantly kept going "yusssss" .
    Yasssss!!!!
    Last edited by nx01a; 12-14-2016 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Mike_Murdock:
    Second, the X-teams seem to actually still be at an informational disadvantage.
    yes i agree
    Emma, Magneto, Storm should create better plan if they hope to win a war without problems.