Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Beast was holding a container of the cloud, he knows the cloud can be contained.
    And, dozens of Storm fans swear that she could effortlessly destroy the cloud with less than a fleeting thought... And, that hasn't happened either.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-14-2016 at 08:30 AM.

This was great. The X-men finally strike back! Loved it. Would've loved to have seen Old Man Logan actually fight someone in this issue, but I'm sure they're saving that for later. So far this event is off to a good start...which doesn't mean it won't go downhill later when the wretched fanatic Inhumans get their moment to shine...but for now I'm liking it.

Sounds like an improvement, but at $9 for a 50% success rate so far, I think I'll just trade-wait and keep up with spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Sounds like an improvement, but at $9 for a 50% success rate so far, I think I'll just trade-wait and keep up with spoilers.
    What?
    NINE dollars??

$9? I paid $6. Still high, but not quite that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Don't know if you've read this issue yet. But Beast is fully aware of this situation that if X-men didn't take any action mutants will end in two weeks. And he prefers to evacuate mutants to other planet like Let's say Mars or in fact Moon is quite a good place as well because he thinks inhumans are too powerful to be defeated, Blackbot alone can destroy the entire X-team. And that is true. I've no problem with that. Being pessimistic and conservative doesn't mean necessarily wrong. I think beast is wrong because he is going back to New Attilan either to inform Medusa or pretend their meeting didn't happen. his reaction to stom's plan is naive as the best or stupid if I say more blatantly. But I don't see him as a traitor because he still want the best for mutants but his opinion on what is the best action is completely wrong.
    They would have 2 weeks evacuate every mutant from Earth. Additionally, theyre goal isn't to defeat the inhumans it's to distract them while they destroy the second cloud like Jean told Karnak. Even the Avengers would agree with the X-Men here.

Fantastic Member

Which is why we had that annual issue at the end, where Beast brought the O5 to the present for no reason. And that's when he left.

Look at the February solicits. The solicit for the cover with Emma and teen Cyclops.

spoilers:
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #18
    Dennis Hopeless (W) • Mark Bagley (A/C)
    Ivx Variant Cover By Stéphane Roux
    AN INHUMANS vs. X-MEN TIE-IN!
    • Teenaged CYCLOPS has been living in the shadow of his predecessor, cursed to wear the face of the most infamous mutant on Earth.
    • But he’s about to learn the truth behind his counterpart’s quest to destroy the Inhumans...
    • And there’s going to be HELL TO PAY.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    end of spoilers

Beast was holding a container of the cloud, he knows the cloud can be contained.

Certainly a conflict can't be solved without violence and, probably death of characters. It's Marvel's first principle of any crisis any super human teams ever faced. So it's not allowed to solve the crisis by simply containing in a jar. And you know you'll not pay 4.99 or 5.99 for this simple solution.

And in practice of real world it's impossible to eliminate hazardous gases by containing it. It doesn't work. For example, CO2 emission and green house effect is an issue as may potentially do harm to the environment of the Earth and scientists know it can't be solved by containing it.

Certainly a conflict can't be solved without violence and, probably death of characters. It's Marvel's first principle of any crisis any super human teams ever faced. So it's not allowed to solve the crisis by simply containing in a jar. And you know you'll not pay 4.99 or 5.99 for this simple solution.

And in practice of real world it's impossible to eliminate hazardous gases by containing it. It doesn't work. For example, CO2 emission and green house effect is an issue as may potentially do harm to the environment of the Earth and scientists know it can't be solved by containing it.
    Except in the MU not only did they create a room that could keep the gas out, they also had Beast holding a jar of the gas in IvX 0. Also they've weaponized that gas too. So whether or not writers would allow it, Beast has been holding the solution in his hand the entire time. The other reason perhaps why the Inhumans won't allow the gas to be contained is because they require a large army of Inhumans to fight whatever is coming to Earth according to those Sky Spears thus they need the cloud to roam around and activate their inhumanity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    $9? I paid $6. Still high, but not quite that high.

Both prices are high, that could be spent on buying a trade

Fantastic Member

They would have 2 weeks evacuate every mutant from Earth. Additionally, theyre goal isn't to defeat the inhumans it's to distract them while they destroy the second cloud like Jean told Karnak. Even the Avengers would agree with the X-Men here.
    Is it possible to destroy the cloud without defeating the inhumans? I guess they won't allow, right? Who knows Emma is this well prepared and can take down Blackbot in three pages? Apparently Beast has no confidence in X-team that they can achieve the goal without any bloodshed (of the X-men). And he is wrong about this.

Except in the MU not only did they create a room that could keep the gas out, they also had Beast holding a jar of the gas in IvX 0. Also they've weaponized that gas too. So whether or not writers would allow it, Beast has been holding the solution in his hand the entire time. The other reason perhaps why the Inhumans won't allow the gas to be contained is because they require a large army of Inhumans to fight whatever is coming to Earth according to those Sky Spears thus they need the cloud to roam around and activate their inhumanity.
    there is a huge leap between taking a sample and the whole cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    there is a huge leap between taking a sample and the whole cloud.
    They live in the MU where people have built planets. I mean a giant lunch box or vacuum wouldn't be that big a deal. It's already been shown the cloud can be moved and they've had 8 months to do something about it. Obviously the inhumans need the cloud roaming about to get their army.

BANNED

I think the mutant who changes sides is Magik. In future solicits, she's essential to the XMEN's success and will be fighting her own demons.

This issue was great!

Fantastic Member

Containing small amount of T-mist might be easy.Putting the whole cloud into a container is otherwise. I don't know if it is possible hydraulically to pump the cloud into a container but either way, it's hard to persuade the inhumans to agree at the first step.

Extraordinary Member

Containing small amount of T-mist might be easy.Putting the whole cloud into a container is otherwise. I don't know if it is possible hydraulically to pump the cloud into a container but either way, it's hard to persuade the inhumans to agree at the first step.
    This is where Marvel trying to make everyone part of the same overall story fails. I have no doubt Reed Richards could do this on his own, I am sure he could trigger a reaction that would cause the mists to solidify again.

Reed is like the 10th smartest person now? RiRi or Moon Girl or Hulk should have solved this in their sleep.