Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 813
  1. #61
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Beast was holding a container of the cloud, he knows the cloud can be contained.
    And, dozens of Storm fans swear that she could effortlessly destroy the cloud with less than a fleeting thought... And, that hasn't happened either.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-14-2016 at 08:30 AM.

  2. #62
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    This was great. The X-men finally strike back! Loved it. Would've loved to have seen Old Man Logan actually fight someone in this issue, but I'm sure they're saving that for later. So far this event is off to a good start...which doesn't mean it won't go downhill later when the wretched fanatic Inhumans get their moment to shine...but for now I'm liking it.

  3. #63

    Default

    Sounds like an improvement, but at $9 for a 50% success rate so far, I think I'll just trade-wait and keep up with spoilers.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Sounds like an improvement, but at $9 for a 50% success rate so far, I think I'll just trade-wait and keep up with spoilers.
    What?
    NINE dollars??

  5. #65
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,047

    Default

    $9? I paid $6. Still high, but not quite that high.

  6. #66
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Don't know if you've read this issue yet. But Beast is fully aware of this situation that if X-men didn't take any action mutants will end in two weeks. And he prefers to evacuate mutants to other planet like Let's say Mars or in fact Moon is quite a good place as well because he thinks inhumans are too powerful to be defeated, Blackbot alone can destroy the entire X-team. And that is true. I've no problem with that. Being pessimistic and conservative doesn't mean necessarily wrong. I think beast is wrong because he is going back to New Attilan either to inform Medusa or pretend their meeting didn't happen. his reaction to stom's plan is naive as the best or stupid if I say more blatantly. But I don't see him as a traitor because he still want the best for mutants but his opinion on what is the best action is completely wrong.
    They would have 2 weeks evacuate every mutant from Earth. Additionally, theyre goal isn't to defeat the inhumans it's to distract them while they destroy the second cloud like Jean told Karnak. Even the Avengers would agree with the X-Men here.

  7. #67
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Which is why we had that annual issue at the end, where Beast brought the O5 to the present for no reason. And that's when he left.

    Look at the February solicits. The solicit for the cover with Emma and teen Cyclops.



    spoilers:
    ALL-NEW X-MEN #18
    Dennis Hopeless (W) • Mark Bagley (A/C)
    Ivx Variant Cover By Stéphane Roux
    AN INHUMANS vs. X-MEN TIE-IN!
    • Teenaged CYCLOPS has been living in the shadow of his predecessor, cursed to wear the face of the most infamous mutant on Earth.
    • But he’s about to learn the truth behind his counterpart’s quest to destroy the Inhumans...
    • And there’s going to be HELL TO PAY.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    end of spoilers



    Beast was holding a container of the cloud, he knows the cloud can be contained.

    Certainly a conflict can't be solved without violence and, probably death of characters. It's Marvel's first principle of any crisis any super human teams ever faced. So it's not allowed to solve the crisis by simply containing in a jar. And you know you'll not pay 4.99 or 5.99 for this simple solution.

    And in practice of real world it's impossible to eliminate hazardous gases by containing it. It doesn't work. For example, CO2 emission and green house effect is an issue as may potentially do harm to the environment of the Earth and scientists know it can't be solved by containing it.

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Certainly a conflict can't be solved without violence and, probably death of characters. It's Marvel's first principle of any crisis any super human teams ever faced. So it's not allowed to solve the crisis by simply containing in a jar. And you know you'll not pay 4.99 or 5.99 for this simple solution.

    And in practice of real world it's impossible to eliminate hazardous gases by containing it. It doesn't work. For example, CO2 emission and green house effect is an issue as may potentially do harm to the environment of the Earth and scientists know it can't be solved by containing it.
    Except in the MU not only did they create a room that could keep the gas out, they also had Beast holding a jar of the gas in IvX 0. Also they've weaponized that gas too. So whether or not writers would allow it, Beast has been holding the solution in his hand the entire time. The other reason perhaps why the Inhumans won't allow the gas to be contained is because they require a large army of Inhumans to fight whatever is coming to Earth according to those Sky Spears thus they need the cloud to roam around and activate their inhumanity.

  9. #69
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Sounds like an improvement, but at $9 for a 50% success rate so far, I think I'll just trade-wait and keep up with spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    $9? I paid $6. Still high, but not quite that high.

    Both prices are high, that could be spent on buying a trade

  10. #70
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They would have 2 weeks evacuate every mutant from Earth. Additionally, theyre goal isn't to defeat the inhumans it's to distract them while they destroy the second cloud like Jean told Karnak. Even the Avengers would agree with the X-Men here.
    Is it possible to destroy the cloud without defeating the inhumans? I guess they won't allow, right? Who knows Emma is this well prepared and can take down Blackbot in three pages? Apparently Beast has no confidence in X-team that they can achieve the goal without any bloodshed (of the X-men). And he is wrong about this.

  11. #71
    Mighty Member ian0delond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Western Latveria
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Except in the MU not only did they create a room that could keep the gas out, they also had Beast holding a jar of the gas in IvX 0. Also they've weaponized that gas too. So whether or not writers would allow it, Beast has been holding the solution in his hand the entire time. The other reason perhaps why the Inhumans won't allow the gas to be contained is because they require a large army of Inhumans to fight whatever is coming to Earth according to those Sky Spears thus they need the cloud to roam around and activate their inhumanity.
    there is a huge leap between taking a sample and the whole cloud.

  12. #72
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    there is a huge leap between taking a sample and the whole cloud.
    They live in the MU where people have built planets. I mean a giant lunch box or vacuum wouldn't be that big a deal. It's already been shown the cloud can be moved and they've had 8 months to do something about it. Obviously the inhumans need the cloud roaming about to get their army.

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    I think the mutant who changes sides is Magik. In future solicits, she's essential to the XMEN's success and will be fighting her own demons.

    This issue was great!

  14. #74
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Except in the MU not only did they create a room that could keep the gas out, they also had Beast holding a jar of the gas in IvX 0. Also they've weaponized that gas too. So whether or not writers would allow it, Beast has been holding the solution in his hand the entire time. The other reason perhaps why the Inhumans won't allow the gas to be contained is because they require a large army of Inhumans to fight whatever is coming to Earth according to those Sky Spears thus they need the cloud to roam around and activate their inhumanity.
    Containing small amount of T-mist might be easy.Putting the whole cloud into a container is otherwise. I don't know if it is possible hydraulically to pump the cloud into a container but either way, it's hard to persuade the inhumans to agree at the first step.

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Containing small amount of T-mist might be easy.Putting the whole cloud into a container is otherwise. I don't know if it is possible hydraulically to pump the cloud into a container but either way, it's hard to persuade the inhumans to agree at the first step.
    This is where Marvel trying to make everyone part of the same overall story fails. I have no doubt Reed Richards could do this on his own, I am sure he could trigger a reaction that would cause the mists to solidify again.

    Reed is like the 10th smartest person now? RiRi or Moon Girl or Hulk should have solved this in their sleep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •