Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The nice thing is, even if they don't "win" (which it doesn't really sound like this series is going for with either side), at least it sounds as if the mutant crew is being written as competent and reasonably in-character, which means a decent read even if we're not 100% satisfied with the outcome. That's more than I was expecting.
    The cloud being destroyed is a win. That's the goal that's the mission, anything else is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The nice thing is, even if they don't "win" (which it doesn't really sound like this series is going for with either side), at least it sounds as if the mutant crew is being written as competent and reasonably in-character, which means a decent read even if we're not 100% satisfied with the outcome. That's more than I was expecting.
    Yep. No matter what, it won't be doomsday. Brighter days are coming and the X-men are together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is where Marvel trying to make everyone part of the same overall story fails. I have no doubt Reed Richards could do this on his own, I am sure he could trigger a reaction that would cause the mists to solidify again.

Reed is like the 10th smartest person now? RiRi or Moon Girl or Hulk should have solved this in their sleep.

Moon girl has tried and has no luck. It's in the EXM annual

Quote Originally Posted by Askanipsion View Post
    Great scene (yay Emma & Alison) & great issue.

I am surprised that Cable wasn't there since he is good with tactics.

Still find the Inhumans so damn annoying.

Sage would have been perfect for this story too.
    Cable not start wars he ends them.

This is not a fight to kill the Inhumans but to take them out of the way to destroy the mist. Cable takes no prisoners and to win he does what is necessary.

Ask Psynapse and the Avengers.

I think other mutant factions might get involved. I thought she considered asking Sebastian Shaw for help

This was so good.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I'm fully aware that the X-men are being written as the bad guys here, but I don't even care. It's great seeing them kick Inhuman ass.
    Are they though? I mean if they are the aggressors, how can folks who are fighting not to have every member of their species die be the bad guy? Hell, despite this problem, they still didn't kill any Inhumans. Even with AVX the scenario was less severe. Post Scarlet Witch, the problem was no further mutants would be born, not that they were all going to simultaneously die (other than those who passed in the immediate aftermath of "no more mutants." And the coming of the Phoenix had the real potential to blow up in everyone's face and wipe out the whole of the earth's population.

Here, the Terrigen cloud is killing mutants and some humans (the weak, the old, the sick, etc. - something the Inhumans have not addressed and seem to be hiding to be honest). Getting rid of the cloud won't kill anyone. It just means no more Terrigenesis. But, whose fault is the release of the cloud? Blackbolt's. If he didn't detonate the Terrigen bomb, they'd still have their crystals and could do all of the Terrigenesis they wanted. And let's not forget, Blackbolt detonated that thing even though the last Terrigen bomb he set off blew a dimensional whole in the universe (see War of Kings). So how are the X-men the baddies here?

I think Marvel recognizes that they wrote themselves into a corner with this whole cloud business, as demonstrated by the "back to their roots" X-men reset and the fact that the Inhuman royal family are being shipped (or shipping themselves maybe) into space post-IVX. Basically the Royal Family seems to be being punished for all this (effectively at least). And its well deserved.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is where Marvel trying to make everyone part of the same overall story fails. I have no doubt Reed Richards could do this on his own, I am sure he could trigger a reaction that would cause the mists to solidify again.

Reed is like the 10th smartest person now? RiRi or Moon Girl or Hulk should have solved this in their sleep.
    I think Maximus is going to find a way to solidify the mists into crystals again (at least per the solicits for upcoming issues).

Because Marvel

That was a great issue. I'm sure the next ones will give us some eyerolls, but it's still a great start. About the mutants being the bad guys... Well, they were obviously the protagonists here, and in #0, so I don't really care of how Marvel editorial sees it(Cause Scott is the dead example of how they don't see it the same way as the fans). I guess we'll get to see the Inhumans side soon though.

Storm knocking out Hank... glorious. Dazzler countering Black Bolt is that kind of smart move that I'm glad that they didn't wasted the opportunity to do so. But... Is she the same woman from #0? Cause that would really not make sense, since that was months ago when Ali was still all emo and punk like she was in Uncanny. Love the Jean trick too.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Why would that change anything? Since logically they should also have gone to war even if they knew Cyclops died by Terrigen poisoning on Muir Island.

The reason for the war is the two week limit, not that Cyclops was killed by Black Bolt 8 months ago.

But the secret will very likely come out, and it should have some effects.
    Because Marevl wants Inhumans to look good
    And they don't wanna upset fans

I'm just going by other event endings

Your points are valid but the editors don't care

civil war 1/2 endings. AVX ending. Axis ending ��

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    1)Or perhaps inhumans will not have the chance to turnover the war at all? 2) The mist will be gone for sure. inhumans wil have to swallow the bitter fruit unwillingly. 3) And X-men can use Beast as scapegoat for his failure of finding a solution or blaming Emma for her mind-controlling the X-men all over the time and walk out the war still like heroes. 4) That's one way to put the event into an end, though certainly it's not a good way to handle the story.
    1) Well, that would... go against solicitations from upcomming issues where the effects of the cloud has settled in?
    2) Which would mean that Medusa would have no reason not to wipe the X-men off the face of the planet. Also... hasn't the mists already put mutations on a deep freeze?
    3) I think we have to be realistic and say Beast is not going to get blamed by either side for this. For one thing the X-Men are not Beast-bashers, secondly it's not him that made the mists and lastly it was not him that suggested a physical confrontation was the answer. Emma might get the easy blame for all of this by the end... but there are alot of mutants involved in this and Emma is not influencing all of them directly. So I doubt the X-Men are getting out of this one untarnished.
    4) I doubt it's going to be that easy... plus for now we don't know if King Schemer Maximus is getting involved in this... like by controlling Emma...

Just finished reading this beauty of a comic book. It is mighty nice to see that the no-nonsense, take it to the enemy mentality that the X-men used to have is back. From Emma's wonderful opening gambit of a plan being executed to perfection, to Storm acting like the leader that i used to know and love, it really seems that they have caught the inhumans unaware.

Things that I liked:
    Old Man Logan reminding everyone about 'the dog' Lockjaw
    Magneto tearing apart the RIV
    Dazzler undercover at BB's club, (rather obvious it was her in disguise, but nice to see that they did not forget how she can handle Black Bolt's power)
    Storm blasting Beast with a lightning bolt, I would pay a dollar extra every month just to see that
    That final page

Things I did not like:
    Beast acting like he doesn't loathe Scott when at his grave...sure wish someone would hit him with lightning every issue

As for what may come next, we can only assume that the remaining inhumans will get their act together and put up some resistance, but with several of the heavy hitters already sidelined, it should be interesting on how they match up to the X-men. Hopefully someone reminds Beast what the X-men are capable of, for they have faced far worse threats then the inhumans ever have, and have come out on top each and every time.

Have i mentioned how I really enjoyed Beast getting blasted by lightning....HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    Why would that change anything? Since logically they should also have gone to war even if they knew Cyclops died by Terrigen poisoning on Muir Island.

The reason for the war is the two week limit, not that Cyclops was killed by Black Bolt 8 months ago.

But the secret will very likely come out, and it should have some effects.
    I echo this sentiment. The way cyclops died shouldn't have any huge changes on the overall story. It may change how characters perceive Emma but how cyclops died has no bearing on mutants being on the brink of extinction.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    1) Well, that would... go against solicitations from upcomming issues where the effects of the cloud has settled in?
    2) Which would mean that Medusa would have no reason not to wipe the X-men off the face of the planet. Also... hasn't the mists already put mutations on a deep freeze?
    3) I think we have to be realistic and say Beast is not going to get blamed by either side for this. For one thing the X-Men are not Beast-bashers, secondly it's not him that made the mists and lastly it was not him that suggested a physical confrontation was the answer. Emma might get the easy blame for all of this by the end... but there are alot of mutants involved in this and Emma is not influencing all of them directly. So I doubt the X-Men are getting out of this one untarnished.
    4) I doubt it's going to be that easy... plus for now we don't know if King Schemer Maximus is getting involved in this... like by controlling Emma...
    Frost would trounce Maximus with her heel. Maximus is busy creating his own army and own terrigen.

Also I just realised the Inhumans broke their word with Frenzy. They promised her they'd find a solution and they've failed and now their contingency plan isn't to help mutants but ensure mutants destruction by protecting that cloud.