Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Fun fact: Black Bolt actually DOES have a vulnerable point on his body. But it's NOT his throat. It's the tuning fork in his forehead. He literally can't live without it. Thor smacked him there with Mjolnir once and he pretty much collapsed instantaneously.

It was "canon" decades ago, when Bolt's scream was assumed to be sound-based.

Now? Recent continuity has established that his scream is NOT sound-based. Hence? Unless Dazzler's powers have changed, she shouldn't be capable of absorbing his voice anymore.

If you can take punches from Thanos, Thor, Hulk, and Vulcan, you (and subsequently your throat) are made of much tougher stuff than most. Thus? It takes a LOT of force to crush the throat of a guy who can survive in the vacuum of space and take hits from beings vastly stronger than Emma Frost, who has never demonstrated anywhere near that kind of strength.

Again? If you wanted Black Bolt's takedown to make sense, you use Bishop, not Dazzler, and you have Emma punch him in the tuning fork.
    Lots of people have fought the Hulk in comics. Fighting the Hulk in a comic does not mean that nobody else can hurt you. That's silly.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Lots of people have fought the Hulk in comics. Fighting the Hulk in a comic does not mean that nobody else can hurt you. That's silly.
    Lots of people have fought the Hulk by dodging him and not letting him hit them. Black Bolt has taken direct hits from him on multiple occasions and lived to tell the tale (silently.)

If Spider-Man fights Hulk and gets tagged even once? Best case scenario, he's out of the fight. Worst case scenario, he's dead. Spider-Man is not nearly as invulnerable as BB. BB can take those kind of hits, and Emma Frost has NEVER demonstrated the ability to deliver even similar hits in turn.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fun fact: Black Bolt actually DOES have a vulnerable point on his body. But it's NOT his throat. It's the tuning fork in his forehead. He literally can't live without it. Thor smacked him there with Mjolnir once and he pretty much collapsed instantaneously.
    But BlackBlot have the same anatomy as Human. wait tuning fork wasn't part of his costum. Most people will Collapsed when get hit by Mjolnir in the Head.

It was "canon" decades ago, when Bolt's scream was assumed to be sound-based.

Now? Recent continuity has established that his scream is NOT sound-based. Hence? Unless Dazzler's powers have changed, she shouldn't be capable of absorbing his voice anymore.
    But anyone could hear when BB use his power ?.

If you can take punches from Thanos, Thor, Hulk, and Vulcan, you (and subsequently your throat) are made of much tougher stuff than most. Thus? It takes a LOT of force to crush the throat of a guy who can survive in the vacuum of space and take hits from beings vastly stronger than Emma Frost, who has never demonstrated anywhere near that kind of strength.

Again? If you wanted Black Bolt's takedown to make sense, you use Bishop, not Dazzler, and you have Emma punch him in the tuning fork.
    Emma didn't take down BB, Dazzler did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    she's died & self-resurrected at least 6 times

New Excalibur #1
    New Excalibur #6/#7
    New Excalibur #16
    X-Men: Die By The Sword #4/#5
    X-treme X-Men (vol 2) #8/#9
    A-Force (vol 2) #3/#4
    At the very least I find this puzzling because nothing in Ali's power set suggests that she is capable of resurrection... I could see it if she was composed completely of sound like Klaw was (since she did absorb him once) but otherwise returning from the dead without a sound (pun intended) makes little sense to me. I guess I'll have go and read those issues again to see what explanation if any was given.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    At the very least I find this puzzling because nothing in Ali's power set suggests that she is capable of resurrection... I could see it if she was composed completely of sound like Klaw was (since she did absorb him once) but otherwise returning from the dead without a sound (pun intended) makes little sense to me. I guess I'll have go and read those issues again to see what explanation if any was given.
    no explanation has been given -- some speculate it's magic based (Siege Perilous? Carry-over from when she "joined" with the Beyonder or was a temp faux-Herald?). If it is power based it has operated differently than her AU counterparts -- X-Force Dazzler basically turned into light & faded away. Thor-Dazzler exploded into light particles/shards. They're presumed dead, but they didn't "die" in the conventional sense.

I've read a few posts on CBR for how they think her powers are doing it, which seem easily explainable enough given how she's been written since the new millennium -- she's almost always got reserves of sound stored in her. Claremont introduced this resurrection thing in that abortion NEX series & never bothered to explain it after 2 years & a mini series. A-Force seemed like they would address it eventually, but it was cancelled.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

After reading through the arguments in this thread, I kind of want to trade wait to buy Death of X and IvX. The conflict is so morally grey for each side. You can't really pin one side as good or evil. I like those type of conflicts. This sounds better than CWII.

If Spider-Man fights Hulk and gets tagged even once? Best case scenario, he's out of the fight. Worst case scenario, he's dead. Spider-Man is not nearly as invulnerable as BB. BB can take those kind of hits, and Emma Frost has NEVER demonstrated the ability to deliver even similar hits in turn.
    Please, Spider-Man has regularly been on the receiving end of beatings just as bad as the Hulk could dish out, such as when he fought Juggernaut, or Firelord, or a Phoenix enhanced Colossus, and not only did he survive, he actually WON those fights. Black Bolt is not anywhere near Spider-Man's league.

Incredible Member

Black Bolt

Powers and abilities

Black Bolt's Terrigen-mutated physique surpasses the superhuman physique of typical Inhumans: his strength, stamina, durability and reflexes are all well above typical Inhuman or human levels. His speed and agility are also highly enhanced. An organic mechanism in his brain's speech center produces an unknown particle that interacts with ambient electrons, enabling him to produce certain mentally-controlled phenomena. The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt's "quasi-sonic scream". Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle/electron interaction field. Because of this limitation, Black Bolt must be constantly vigilant of even the softest of utterances lest he destroy anything or anyone in its path. At full strength, his voice has the capability to destroy planets,[95][96] while a whisper can rock a battleship. When Black Bolt was captured and experimented on by the Skrulls, it was shown that his "Sonic Scream" is triggered by, and at least partially dependent on, his emotional state.[97]

The fork-like antenna worn upon his forehead helps Black Bolt control his power. He can channel his powers inward to increase his strength and speed, and can focus it through the focusing tool or his arms as concussive blasts. Black Bolt is capable of channeling all available energy into one devastating punch called his Master Blow, which renders him extremely vulnerable subsequently. By concentrating his electrons into anti-electrons, he can fly at speeds up to 500 mph for a period of 6 hours, protected by an anti-graviton field. Black Bolt can create a nearly impenetrable force field by focusing his energy around himself, and can use his electron abilities as extrasensory probes, highly sensitive to electromagnetic phenomena, and he can also jam certain electromagnetic mechanisms. Though exhausting, he can create particle/electron interaction fields solid enough to be traversed upon.

Black Bolt also is at least partially resistant against telepathy and shares a semi-telepathic bond with those of his blood (such as the Inhuman royal family and certain others), as was evident when he was able to resist the mental abilities of his telepathically powerful brother, Maximus, and on different occasions, use his own abilities to overpower and take control of Maximus' mind. One of Black Bolt's main uses for his telepathic ability is to communicate his wishes to his wife, Medusa the Queen, who then acts as his mouthpiece to the rest of his subjects. He can also use this limited telepathy to communicate his destination wishes to the royal family's teleporting dog, Lockjaw.

So why did he not use the force field to protect himself from dazzler's counterattack?
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 12-19-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Because that's stupid and I can't remember an instance in modern history when he's ever done that. If Black Bolt is so unstoppable, how did he get kidnapped by Skrulls?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    If Black Bolt is so unstoppable, how did he get kidnapped by Skrulls?
    Space ambush, as shown in flashback in Secret Invasion: Inhumans.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Black Bolt

An organic mechanism in his brain's speech center produces an unknown particle that interacts with ambient electrons, enabling him to produce certain mentally-controlled phenomena. The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt's "quasi-sonic scream".
    By concentrating his electrons into anti-electrons, he can fly at speeds up to 500 mph for a period of 6 hours, protected by an anti-graviton field. Black Bolt can create a nearly impenetrable force field by focusing his energy around himself, and can use his electron abilities as extrasensory probes, highly sensitive to electromagnetic phenomena, and he can also jam certain electromagnetic mechanisms. Though exhausting, he can create particle/electron interaction fields solid enough to be traversed upon.

So why did he not use the force field to protect himself from dazzler's counterattack?
    BB powers are based on electrons and sounds - Dazzler removes sounds and all his abilities.